• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like the next Metro game will be released in 2017

FelipeMGM

EDIT: Deep Silver, the Metro series publisher has denied such claims

You may have noticed some sites have reported that a new Metro game would be released in 2017. Deep Silver has released the following statement…

As the exclusive rights holder to videogames set in the Metro 2033 universe, Deep Silver has ambitious plans for the hugely successful Metro series.

But just to manage our fans’ expectations – releasing the next Metro game in 2017 is not one of them.
When we have more news to share, we will.

Thank you for your patience.

Thx to Gematsu for the heads up

The next game in the Metro series will launch in 2017, the official website for the Metro 2035 novel by Dmitry Glukhovsky reveals.

The website in question

Cww7If9XcAA38tP.jpg

CHC

Wow. Absolutely NOT a series I expected to see another entry in, but I've got nothing against it. The Metro games are pretty decent and they have a particular Soviet flavor that is hard to find outside of STALKER.

GavinUK86

Oh hell yes. Need to get 2035 translated into English first though. Maybe they'll release it alongside the game.

viHuGi

Banned
The King is back! Day 1!

Metro 2033 and Last Light were absolutely amazing, loved the games so much, finished then tons of times!

The atmosphere is sensational.

Shredderi

In my top 5 FPS series of all time and I welcome the new game with open arms, hoping that it hasn't been marred by open world shenanigans.

Hektor

The way the story is jumping back and forth between books and videogames is literally WORSE than Kingdom Hearts.

Last Light was a big improvement on the first game, so I'm hopeful to see just as big of a jump this time as well. For all the problems the games have (and boy do they have a ton) the atmosphere and charm of the game puts them in a unique space that goes beyond the jank.

Top Bottom