• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like the next Metro game will be released in 2017

Shin

Banned
I'm all in, I remember the story of these guys and what they went through to get machines into the country and a lot more.
Will gladly support such talented and passionate developers plus the games got really nice atmosphere to them.

d00d3n

Glad to hear that the VR project didn't impede progress on the next Metro game. I am really curious about the direction they are going in. More STALKER-ish open world stuff, or more linearity with branching paths that we know they excel at?

GoaThief

Oh hell yes.

Love OG 2033 [a few issues with redux and 2034/LL] so much, very pleased to see another entry into one of the finest FPS series.

Shock32

Day one, oozing with atmosphere all over me.

raw

I didn't dig Last Light, but I love the shit out of 2033 and will be all over this day one. Just kind of pumped that there's going to be another entry in this series.

Seiryoden

Metro 2033/Last Light were a genuine revelation when I played them for the first time on PS4. I loved the atmosphere and gameplay and have been hoping for a sequel.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Is Anna still your partner in this game i wonder? I liked having her around in the previous game.

I'm assuming she's now your wife and your somehow raising your kid in that post apocalyptic nightmare, but that seems like a very interesting premise IMO.

Its only fitting, Atyom having so many flashbacks of his own youth and mother, now on the other side of the fence.

I just wish we could get STALKER 2. But that will never happen.
It will happen. GSCGameworld reopened and has already launched a game (Cossacks 3)

I'm currently stuck in the catacombs (that part where you are in the mutants lair) and you have to call an elevator and defend yourself. I hate those parts, they are annoying.

inm8num2

I played 2033 Redux a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Hoping to play Last Light Redux by the end of the year, but count me in for a third Metro game regardless.

Giganteus

The Metro survivors are going to make an attempt at survival above ground, if I had to guess. Or something along those lines. At least that's where I would take the story, starting in the Metro before really opening it up significantly. Either way, I can't wait.

EBE

bad stealth, unsatisfying gunplay, and go-nowhere storytelling are what i think about when i remember my time with both Metro games. not even willing to give a third a chance at this point.

Eggiem

bad stealth, unsatisfying gunplay, and go-nowhere storytelling are what i think about when i remember my time with both Metro games. not even willing to give a third a chance at this point.

I remember the exact opposite. Well then?

Carbonox

Hyyyyyyyype. Metro Redux was a complete blind purchase and it turned out to be one of the best shooter purchases of the gen.

Everything I've heard so far about this game has been amazing, combining the gameplay elements of both Stalker and Metro sound fantastic. At least that's what it sounds like to me.

The one thing about Last Light is it just kept going and kept on delivering in great moments every other level. So much variety. For a game to be that memorable for that long was impressive, especially after recently playing Uncharted 4 which just dragged a lot.

Experien

I'll redbox this or something. No problem playing a mindless shooter but this game never did anything for me. Something was just off about it and I can't put my finger on it.

Warablo

I'll redbox this or something. No problem playing a mindless shooter but this game never did anything for me. Something was just off about it and I can't put my finger on it.

I know the original Metro 2033 was a little off, if you struggled through it you at least found it somewhat interesting and atmospheric. Last Light was pretty good all around, haven't tried the redux versions yet. Supposedly the redux version improved 2033 quite a bit.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Not much out there like the Metro series. Day one on this for sure.

Orpheum

hell yes!!!

Bought the Redux games and loved the crap out of them. Even if i couldn't finish Metro 2033 because i didn't have any oxygen masks at the very last level, both of these games were amazing

FelipeMGM

Deep Silver has denied that they have plans to launch a new game of the series for 2017

You may have noticed some sites have reported that a new Metro game would be released in 2017. Deep Silver has released the following statement…

As the exclusive rights holder to videogames set in the Metro 2033 universe, Deep Silver has ambitious plans for the hugely successful Metro series.

But just to manage our fans’ expectations – releasing the next Metro game in 2017 is not one of them.
When we have more news to share, we will.

Thank you for your patience.

https://www.facebook.com/metrovideogameuk/posts/789280287879989

Top Bottom