• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steep impressions and videos

Action Sports needs a comeback ! !
Hopefully this game sells enough for other to take notice and companies to step in.

#Skate4

Hearing "improved controls" is a good thing in the easy allies video.

The game has so much potential. Looking forward to messing around with the beta/improved controls

DNAbro

101 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu3EzcWkyjk

Easy Allies - Steep - Above the Bunny Slopes - Preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y986nnyB6ro

Eurogamer - The Steep Spectacular Bail Challenge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNZoiHI_9BI

Gamespot - Taming the Alps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CEcACYqMRc

TGA - Pre release peek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuoOTHAZO0

Okay watching the Gamespot video and there better be a way to turn off voices cause jesus that is annoying.

DNAbro

There was a button that you had to press in order to make your character say those things. Well, it was that way in the Alpha.

I question to wisdom of a "make loud noise/profanity button" but that is better than it being implemented without choice i guess.

Dunkley

I question to wisdom of a "make loud noise/profanity button" but that is better than it being implemented without choice i guess.

I, in return question why not every game has a dedicated button for this.

Imagine Uncharted with a dedicated "No" button.

MikeyH

Neo Member

Xb1 beta code quote to reveal

Was not keen on the alpha not holding out much hope for this one I'm afraid but feel free to use the code and try it out.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

Xb1 beta code quote to reveal

Was not keen on the alpha not holding out much hope for this one I'm afraid but feel free to use the code and try it out.

Thanks MikeyH, I redeemed it there now :)

If I get a code I'll pass it on in here.

JackEtc

Anyone have an extra code for PS4? Fiending!

EDIT: Found one somewhere else. Can't wait to check this game out, premise is very dope

jdstorm

Banned
Isnt the Beta in a week?

Played the Alpha... so Lets go

Edit: just checked out the new trailers. Graphics have taken a nice bump since the Alpha. Going to probably PreOrder this digitally since it will be a pickup and play title for me that i go back to regularly

I'm hopefully optimistic for Steep because Amped 2 is one of my favorite and most missed games.

After Skate 4 I want a new BMX game!

I played for a bit this morning and the "improved controls" seem to be non-existent. If you crash there seems to be no way to nudge the board along to get yourself out of a stuck position. So, if you crash you pretty much have to restart any challenge you are doing. Also saw a lot of slowdown and stuttering during a race. That also made me have to restart multiple times. The squirrel suit stuff makes you have to constantly hold down the control stick or you will instantly die. Would have been nice if they made the neutral joystick position fly straight and level and then you would have to press the stick to go up or down. Game still needs a lot of work...

(This was on Xbox One, by the way)

Lijik

the only real control improvement i noticed was you can sprint when you're just on foott. skiing, boarding, and the wingsuit all feel largely the same from my time just rushing through the tutorial stuff again.
I noticed theyve done some minor layout tweaks rearranging where they placed buildings and structures. Im not really sure if there was any reason for this but its the only other change I've picked up on.

I reeeeeeally wanted to like this, but the gforce stuff is such a pain. I get that controlling that is part of the game, but it's not a fun mechanic when you can't seem to reduce it on landings.

jem0208

So far I'm loving this, the sense of speed and the freedom to go wherever you want is awesome. The complete lack of loading is also really damn impressive.

I'm not getting people's complaints about controls either. What's wrong with them?

akileese

I must say game is really optimized on PC.

It's absolutely beautiful, though it isn't running in 4K properly on my TV, but it's a beta. I don't know if it's a refresh rate issue or a resolution issue but I'm going to mess with it more tomorrow. I love the way this plays and I might actually pick it up.

dex3108

I played around an hour last night and it is fun little game but they need to add more tricks to do. On snowboard you have flip, grab and rotate and combination of those. There is no sliding on rail for example (at least I didn't noticed) ect. But I could see this game grow 6 months after release. Also AA is kinda meh in game no matter what you choose.

SJRB

Gold Member
Not gonna lie, I really love that we get a game like this. Trailer seems dope, I hope it's gonna be great.

Anyone having issues opening the sport selection wheel on PC using an Xbox One BT controller? It acted as if I was repeatedly pressing RB instead of holding. Tried plugging in the controller and the game froze.

Elixist

yall got any of them pc codes

200.gif

I only got to try the tutorials but Is it really as sinplistic as it first appears? Seems as though you simply push the analogue stick forward and the game almost plays itself?

Top Bottom