• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There is a FF6 fan patch that adds A LOT of stuff to the game, but it's Japanese only

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2175/
http://poematocx.com/ff6t/

Didn't even know about this today and tried looking for a thread on it, but couldn't find one. A group of Japanese FF6 fans (they exist!?) created a fan patch for the game that adds a lot of content to the base game.

The patch is called Final Fantasy 6 T-Edition.

It has:
New Events
New Quests
New Bosses
A Shit load of references to the other Final Fantasy games
A Dressing Room
A Music Room
An Achievement Room
A Collection Room
New Spells
New Last Resort attacks
New items
New equipment
New Espers
New Skills
New Animations
Descriptions for each Rage!

4TG6ANp.png
GFEB0BP.png

6kYAicZ.png
FMIBxtd.png

yqZhAm9.png
LzDcQMg.png

wfK4E4u.png
FOJrkrR.png

kIT3hs3.png
uLgo0og.png

aPSykIg.png
aMEgsH3.png

c6vlzJb.png
7spX7lT.png

rDl9Z80.gif
y9bWpN5.gif

Just some selections of the Dressing Room

Ba5NzS3.png
7p8Mg6J.png

6usgpOE.png

Vamphuntr

Sprites are really great! Aeris Terra, Yuna Celes, Strago Tellah and White mage Relm. Will definitely check it out. Had no idea this even existed. Thanks OP.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Really? That's a shock.

Well, this is just from my own little secondhand interpretations over the years, but like the OP I've never really heard of much enthusiasm for it in Japan. IV's the big SNES-era breadwinner for 'em, it seems, and that's rather reflected in the IV port/remake craze that went on at Square for a while, too, heh.

Well, this is just from my own little secondhand interpretations over the years, but like the OP I've never really heard of much enthusiasm for it in Japan. IV's the big SNES-era breadwinner for 'em, it seems, and that's rather reflected in the IV port/remake craze that went on at Square for a while, too, heh.

Actually, I think V's popularity overshadows IV in Japan. It's one of the reasons why Bartz/Butz is usually near the top of the Japanese fan polls for characters from the series.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Actually, I think V's popularity overshadows IV in Japan. It's one of the reasons why Bartz/Butz is usually near the top of the Japanese fan polls for characters from the series.

Yeah, FFV is bigger over there as well.

It's always kinda boggled my mind how middling a reception gets over there. I wonder what the deal is?

butman

If this should be the FF6 Remake that we will ever get. I'm ok with it.

English fanslation go for it!

Trojita

All these additions but no General Leo?

Not as a playable character from from what I've seen :(

He does appear as an optional boss in Kefka's Tower. If fought with Terra, he will give her a special item only usable by her that will allow her to use the Shock move.

Shouta

I might have to try this. It's been awhile since I've played FF6 but I could use a slightly different experience for my Nth run, lol.

I remember hearing about this a while ago. Shame it will probably never get translated - the work they've done with it sounds great, and if nothing else it would be fun to revisit FFVI with all of these additions.

Trojita

Damn They added more stuff to a game already full of stuff ...

How do last resort attack work ?

They were the precursor to the Limit Breaks of FFVII. If a characters health is low they have an extremely small chance to have them as an option to use. This game patch upped their occurrence along with crits while balancing the rest of the game.

CO_Andy

Damn. This is sick!

Wonder what the romhacking community on the other side of the sea is like? Anything else cool besides FF6?

hutna

My wife is really into this version.

We recently played through Brave New World (an English language ROM hack that is similar to this) together and found it the most fun we've had with FFVI in a long time. It's also probably my favorite version of the game.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
My wife is really into this version.

We recently played through Brave New World (an English language ROM hack that is similar to this) together and found it the most fun we've had with FFVI in a long time. It's also probably my favorite version of the game.

That's rad. I'll have to try out this mod sometime for sure.

Top Bottom