• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV ‘Yosuke Matsuda Boss Battle’ planned as downloadable content

Gematsu link.

Yes, you too will get to fight the CEO.

On the eve of Final Fantasy XV‘s launch, Square Enix hosted a live stream featuring a special “Mystery Disc” created for the event. Said Mystery Disc ended with a boss battle against Square Enix president and CEO Yosuke Matsuda. Speaking during a Famitsu live stream, Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata, that boss fight will be released as downloadable content for the game.

Outside of this, Tabata also spoke about the free “Holiday Pack” downloadable content. It’s due out before the end of the year, and will implement “New Game Plus” and a “Level Cap Creation Feature.”

The Mystery Disc livestream was great.
kujudk.gif

redfox088

Banned
A hard mode would be appreciated, at level 25 I can take out almost anything as long as I'm not being mobbed.

Sesha

"Well, well, the CEO of Square Enix."

"You must be Noctis? Wow, you look so handsome!"

"You're not sweet talking your way out of this one!"

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"

*thud*

Skulldead

Maybe something to Stop yourself from leveling up. So you can finish the game on Level 1 or something like that.

cool feature... but i don't want that thing to replace a harder mode, this game need some serious balance on item usage...

Toth

cool feature... but i don't want that thing to replace a harder mode, this game need some serious balance on item usage...

IDK Capping yourself at very low levels will make the game considerably harder. Food buffs and accessories would become essential.

Philippo

Oh yeah, i love these silly things as a free extra, they have their own japanese flavour to it.

Also, hoping for hard mode too.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The Gooch should be the ultimate super hard optional boss like Omega Weapon in FF VIII. Sitting deep in an end game dungeon biding his time by surfing.

Rymuth

Matsuda has been such a breath of fresh air. I'd put him on par with Ono, both never cease to make me laugh.

Geez, who are you people that need a hard mode? I'm still struggling with combat around level 20.

Just got my ass kicked earlier by (very minor chapter 3 spoiler)
the crabs in front of the waterfall where you go to get the royal arm
. I know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm just not reacting quickly enough...need more practice. Any good tips or videos on this to watch?

Rynam

Outside of this, Tabata also spoke about the free “Holiday Pack” downloadable content. It’s due out before the end of the year, and will implement “New Game Plus” and a “Level Cap Creation Feature.”

The "Holiday Pack" will be free? It's listed on the Season Pass store page so I tought it would cost something, but good that it's free it would be bad if they put something like New Game+ behind a Paywall. And I didn't think they introduce feature with a dlc named "Holiday Pack" I fully expected nothing more than a Santa Costume for the Group. :D

Skulldead

Geez, who are you people that need a hard mode? I'm still struggling with combat around level 20.

Just got my ass kicked earlier by (very minor chapter 3 spoiler)
the crabs in front of the waterfall where you go to get the royal arm
. I know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm just not reacting quickly enough...need more practice. Any good tips or videos on this to watch?

Also cook, help a lot !

sonto340

If the level cap is like a one time thing I'm not very interested.

But if it's like a set the cap and slide it at will that could be great. Set a cap so I don't OUT level the main story while doing all the side content in an area.

Any mention on that 1080P 60 FPS pro patch?
Gosh, you think people would ask the right questions, who cares if I fight the Ultima Troll Imperial hot guy!

13ruce

Banned
I love to beat up CEO's count me in.
Also new game+ and level cap is nice i hope it comes with a slider so that you can even lower your level if you want.

Top Bottom