• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-order for The Last Guardian exceed Sony's expectations

Chobel

More here http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/pre-order-for-the-last-guardian-exceed-sony-s-expectations/0176193

PS4 exclusive The Last Guardian will be hitting shelves next week and, despite being in development for nearly ten years, there’s still a sizeable fan base eagerly waiting for its launch, Sony’s product manager Joe Palmer told MCV.

“I can’t comment with specific details, but I can say that pre-orders for The Last Guardian are exceeding expectations,” he said. “We’ve seen a really positive response to the Collector’s Edition in particular, which despite its higher price point proves there’s a huge appetite for the game.”

Lock if old.

eubhn21.png

I said this in the PAL charts thread but TLG is going to sell an awful lot of copies, think I said 100k+.....
There were suggestions in the PAL thread that TLG would get ~20K or even ~10K. Also, that DR4 would sell more. No bets were made but this info swings the pendulum in a certain direction, at least.

Well they have years upon years of pre-orders

I want to see the reaction of someone getting this in the post that pre-ordered after the initial announcement, doesn't own a PS4, and doesn't even realise the game has been re-announced for PS4.

One person like that has to exist in the world.

Interesting.
We know there is an eager fan base waiting for TLG akin to FF XV.
Hope the game turns out to be high quality and sales reflect that.

I said this in the PAL charts thread but TLG is going to sell an awful lot of copies, think I said 100k+.....

Wat?
No chance of 100k debut.
This is more a 20-40k launch week for UK at best.

The game is still incredibly niche for a AAA title.

Koppai

I ordered it and own the previous 2 games on the ps3 release but haven't played them. Im excited because it looks good :)

I've preordered as well. I really hope it's good. I'll still have time to cancel my preorder if it gets poor reviews on Monday. I remain optimistic though.

If its anything at all like ICO / SotC then the game will be amazing. I don't care about all the hype and time it took to make, I still think it will be a solid game.

It's still not doing too hot in the Amazon pre-order charts, but I don't know how representative that is of overall sales so I won't say anything definitive.

But maybe Sony had really low expectations.

Banned
They must have set the bar really low than. And this isn't a sick burn or me being edgy.

The demand for first party content during the holiday season is real though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Seems like Sony has realistic expectation - which is good news.

Top Bottom