• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors 9 Announced

Rymuth

Cz4MNy1VIAAfKGD.jpg

Just announced on K-T stream.

Teaser: https://youtu.be/4eCJQEjYSZc

Cz4NiHoVQAAJLEl.jpg

- Open world

- All of China is reproduced. While the Chinese land is a vast one, there are a lot of mountains, so places where battles can take place are limited. For this reason, they’re creating places like Hulao Pass and Zhongyuan in detail.

- There will be towns in the vast fields that players can freely enter and exit, and the map will have considerable differences in elevation.

- All 83 characters that appeared in Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires will appear in the game

- Know-how is shared within the company. Because the nature of the open world is different from that of Toukiden 2, that technology cannot be used as it is, but that which can be appropriated will be used.

- They want to change input methods such as Square button for a standard attack and Triangle button for a charge attack. The concept of “being a match for a thousand” will remain, so something like Musou Ranbu will remain.

5/9 UPDATE:

- PS4 confirmed

- open world features include sniping from afar & using grappling hook to infiltrate castles.

New Character(s)

Zhou Cang
Cz4OYG4UkAEQS7Q.jpg

Cheng Pu (picture pending)

Intel_89

Doesn't DQH2 have an open world'ish structure too with NPC's handing out quests and whatnot?
Anyway I'm more of a SW guy, here hoping for a SW5.

Kouriozan

Performance are going to be horrible with that open world, otherwise I'm interested.
Doesn't DQH2 have an open world'ish structure too with NPC's handing out quests and whatnot?
Anyway I'm more of a SW guy, here hoping for a SW5.
If there is loading screen between zone, it's not really open world.

Performance are going to be horrible with that open world, otherwise I'm interested.

If there is loading screen between zone, it's not really open world.

If each zone is huge , where you can go on either direction without walls i'd be fine calling that open world

Hystzen

I rather have hubs for battles not open world but I miss DW series.

Also new Shu add is a imaginary friend that's interesting still need more late officers

NeonZ

I just realized this probably means no Liao Hua...

How would an Open World Dynasty Warriors even work, any ideas ?

I guess we'll have this huge area that needs to be crossed between battles, with various villages and cities added to it (DW7 already had small city areas in the side-conquest mode), and the features that usually were included in the side modes, like a better way of customizing weapons and alternative animals will be incorporated into sidequests in the open world.

It'd be nice they incorporated some Empires features into the main game, like troop numbers being an actual mechanic rather than based on the current story battle.

Considering it's open world are we expecting them to go PS4 exclusive(+XBO/PC in west)?

Yeah, I'd assume there'll be no Vita version this time.

SIEJA's President, Atsushi Morita, helped announce it, so there might be some form of PS4 exclusivity but who knows. This has been a super weird stream.

Top Bottom