• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Gundam Versus PS4 gameplay footage

https://youtu.be/jK1Olo7qgrI

31856673636_440f1d2e84_o.gif

31053941204_69219e89b7_o.gif

31074534384_f210015ca7_o.gif

31877229736_a4a546cf76_o.gif

31767467672_be8049a877_o.gif

31541925060_1a7cdd238a_o.gif

It's definitely a VS game! Liking the boost dive canceling.

I wish what sort of reasoning leads people to uploading Youtube videos at 1080p 60FPS that are compressed like a 1995 .mpg. What's the point? At that quality it might as well be the Vita version for all we can tell.

Super unfinished UI aside, I'm really looking forward to the return of Vs. to the home console. Hope it drops at a decent time and we get better Sinaju gameplay!

Hopefully it has good roaster. That is the only thing I am worried about.

I'm sure it'll be fine. Here's the current one from the alpha test:

B0r9xFdl.png

Also, there's a new button to the control scheme to accommodate the added functions, the SP button. It's used in conjunction with other controls to activate the Boost Dive (SP + Boost) and the assists (SP + Shoot/Melee).

The unit cost and team cost have been rejigged as well, but functions the same exact way as the previous games.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I'm sure it'll be fine. Here's the current one from the alpha test:

B0r9xFdl.png

Also, there's a new button to the control scheme to accommodate the added functions, the SP button. It's used in conjunction with other controls to activate the Boost Dive (SP + Boost) and the assists (SP + Shoot/Melee).

The unit cost and team cost have been rejigged as well, but functions the same exact way as the previous games.

I demand more scrub units. (≧Д≦)

Hagi

In for Barbatos! Hopefully a few other IBO suits are in even if it's just DLC. Had no idea it was supposed to be a global release, if there's not a large gap between releases then I'll definitely wait for it in the UK instead of importing.

OVDRobo

Does this have any Iron-Blooded Orphan frames in it?

There's the 4th form Barbatos in the images above. Bit outdated with the Barbatos Lupus out there, though I guess they already did most of the work for the Vita Extreme Versus Force.

Hopefully the roster will grow a decent amount before release, or even after with DLC. Going from the PS3 version's ridiculous roster to only headline Gundams would be a bit of a step back, even if it is on a new generation of platforms.

Trace

Banned
There's the 4th form Barbatos in the images above. Bit outdated with the Barbatos Lupus out there, though I guess they already did most of the work for the Vita Extreme Versus Force.

Hopefully the roster will grow a decent amount before release, or even after with DLC. Going from the PS3 version's ridiculous roster to only headline Gundams would be a bit of a step back, even if it is on a new generation of platforms.

I agree. The insane number of units was one of the biggest selling points of that game IMO.

TreIII

Looks great, even with it not having any suits that interest me at the moment.

Need me my Master and God/Shining!

Oh yeah, you can now block when in Overheat. Yay!

And the game is probably coming out later next year so I wouldn't worry about your fave main suit from whatever mainstream Gundam series not being there yet.

Here's some gifs:

31856673636_440f1d2e84_o.gif

31053941204_69219e89b7_o.gif

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Die Sinaju you bitch! Glad to see a Gundam game being made on PS4, hopefully we won't just get VS games but other Gundam games as well in the states.

Shun

I'm in so long as there's G-Self and Kshatriya and Kampfer.

Just really want the game to still feel great with all the step cancels and for melee to not be fucking stupid for the HAM lords.

And for balance to not make something ridiculously stupid broken like Norn, or マキブON G-Self in their respective versions.

From the gamefaqs thread regarding Boost Dive mechanics: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/731138-kidou-senshi-gundam-extreme-vs-full-boost/74351752?page=47

Also, can any of you lovely moon speakers translate this about the Awakening System differences?

Sy6FdAN.png

It's basically this game's version of the Fighting and Shooting Burst from Maxi Boost, going off the parameters they give us.

Compared to EXVS Shooting/Blast Burst Lightning seems to be the same, but without the extra meter and boost benefits that made those bursts so good and versatile compared to Assault/Fighting Burst. More support focused rather than all purpose to out maneuver and out last your opponent. You get your ammo replenished and your lock on distance is increased.

Blaze is the same deal but more HAM LORD focused and giving you a more defined attacking role and carry. The increased maneuverability sounds especially helpful in those situations where you're flanked 2 on 1. It has less damage scaling and it has more combo performance.

Sounds pretty used to what you're going to expect. We won't know how unbalanced shit will be until the final product comes out but in general, Lightning is better unless they decide to expand on making the game even dumber than Maxi Boost.

Edit: Also I'm not sure how I feel about suit cost differences now, I don't want matches to drag on way too long like some do in Full Boost.

Also please have an actual story and not go full brain bleach like they did in Gundam EX A and Maxi Boost. Having a story revolve around a dude that has a Gundam that is basically Strike Freedom, Wing Zero, and God Gundam all in one with a bunch of evil female AI characters out for your dick is not the best story.

Sorry to ask this, I haven't played this before:

So its most of the Gundams throughout the series in a big open battle field?

Sounds cool.

Really hope ZZ Gundam is deleted off the series.
Fuck it's armor shit and charge beam.

Also please have an actual story and not go full brain bleach like they did in Gundam EX A and Maxi Boost. Having a story revolve around a dude that has a Gundam that is basically Strike Freedom, Wing Zero, and God Gundam all in one with a bunch of evil female AI characters out for your dick is not the best story.
W-what?

Shun

Sorry to ask this, I haven't played this before:

So its most of the Gundams throughout the series in a big open battle field?

Sounds cool.

The game is an arena 3D action game where you're split into 2 teams of 2 and play 2v2 in a battlefield that's basically dominated game centers for nearly a half decade now.

It's a pretty simple game to pick up and play, but it's a really competitive game with a lot of advanced techniques under the surface like step cancels, shot cancels, boosts, meter management, ammo management, and learning how to maneuver a map with your partner to control it.

It's pretty great, you get a whole team dynamic where you can lure the other two opponents and block them off into the corner and work with your partner to block off their movement with lasers and punish them for being careless.

If you wanna try the game out, there's a PS3 game that still has a decent active user base which can give you a good idea of what it's like. It's only on the JP and Asia stores and it's like what 40 USD, before DLC suits and it goes on sale pretty often.

Really hope ZZ Gundam is deleted off the series.
Fuck it's armor shit and charge beam.

W-what?

That's literally the fucking story for Maxi Boost. It starts on this premise where you get to fight other mobile suit pilots from other universes like Kira and Setsuna and Char, then like in the later parts and boss battles it turns to 4 evil AI clones of your AI companion, Sthesia, all with their own Gundam who were behind everything and have an intense love for the main character, Leo, and just want to fuck him.

The story is really bad in the EXVS series, but the gameplay is top tier and is why the series has been so popular and so strong competitively for the past few years.

The game is an arena 3D action game where you're split into 2 teams of 2 and play 2v2 in a battlefield that's basically dominated game centers for nearly a half decade now.

It's a pretty simple game to pick up and play, but it's a really competitive game with a lot of advanced techniques under the surface like step cancels, shot cancels, boosts, meter management, ammo management, and learning how to maneuver a map with your partner to control it.

It's pretty great, you get a whole team dynamic where you can lure the other two opponents and block them off into the corner and work with your partner to block off their movement with lasers and punish them for being careless.

If you wanna try the game out, there's a PS3 game that still has a decent active user base which can give you a good idea of what it's like. It's only on the JP and Asia stores and it's like what 40 USD, before DLC suits and it goes on sale pretty often.

Thank you!

Zerojul

I'm sure it will be great. Give me a huge roster and a beefy solo/mission mode and I'm here day one, maybe even for an premium G-song edition or something.

Top Bottom