• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caja 117

It's not constructive for us to feed the Republicans narrative though. That actually hurts us

Nah

Fuck them, let them get burned, you tried to act decent with indecent people and this is what happens. I hope this dossier is true, but if its not or nothing happens, Trump presidency will still have that monkey on his back.

I don't give a fuck. Resist.

Smear them, accuse them, undermine them, don't work with them. Give them a little of their own medicine.

Going high did not work, it's time for low blows.

I don't even think it is low blows. There are active investigations taking place looking into this. From blackmail, to active relationship with Putin, to members of his team meeting with the kremlin, etc etc, this isn't just about a Golden shower in a Moscow hotel. This is the Comey letter times 10. There's like 20 layers of scandal to this, whereas the Comey letter was found out pretty quick it was from a device Hilary didn't even own so likely were duplicates.

It's not constructive for us to feed the Republicans narrative though. That actually hurts us

If now isn't the time to fight like it's our last stand, then it never will be.

Fuck the IC is telling Israel to not share state secrets with Trump's team because it may end up in Russian, then Iranian hands. There is more than enough smoke and circumstantial evidence to treat this seriously.

Yamauchi

Banned
Trump, the alt right, Republican propaganda machines, its all stupid and rightly made fun of , but do you guys not see the problem with treating an explosive thing like this as potentially true until debunked? If this was a story about Hillary taking money from Saudi Arabia or something scandalous of the sort we would likely question the integrity of the intelligence community before accepting it as likely true.
The Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia stated his nation bankrolled 20% of Hillary's campaign.

remist

Smear them, accuse them, undermine them, don't work with them. Give them a little of their own medicine.

This is all fine and dandy if it works out, but if it turns out you've overplayed your hand and none of these accusations get verified you are just hurting your own cause out of spite.

mid83

ScBwQ0S.jpg

At least they seem friendly.

I looked them up on Wikipedia. GAF's favorite host Tomi Lahren had a show there before she left for The Blaze. Sarah Palin was her replacement host.

This is all fine and dandy if it works out, but if it turns out you've overplayed your hand and none of these accusations are verified you are just hurting your own cause out of spite.

nah not really, I'll just skate away scot-free and then find something else to put Trump in a garbage can for

Xando

Pretty much.

Democrats need to get their shit together instead of trying to be nice guys with the republicans.

avaya

We should be more constructive like appoint a Republican head of the FBI. What a fucking great idea that was.

They should have gone scorched Earth from the start and to top it off had Ginsburg and Breyer both resign so they could be replaced early and have the bench refreshed. But no. Let's play nice. Let's be constructive. A total fucking disaster when the other party does not even give a semblance of giving a single fuck.

Gutek

This is all fine and dandy if it works out, but if it turns out you've overplayed your hand and none of these accusations get verified you are just hurting your own cause out of spite.

Republicans have overplayed their hand constantly and consistently. They won. It doesn't matter.

If you don't think that would have long term consequences in terms of helping trump and deletigitimizing his mainstream critics you are naive.

nah bitch I am woke, we can put you in the bin too if you want :p

in case it wasn't obvious, I'm not really being serious

Gutek

If you don't think that would have long term consequences in terms of helping trump and deletigitimizing his mainstream critics you are naive.

What were the consequences for BENGHAZI EMAILS PLUTONIUM AIDS RAPE HILLARY DYING MUSLIM BIRTH CERTIFICATE?

Oh, right. They got in power. On every fucking level.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
What were the consequences for BENGHAZI EMAILS PLUTONIUM AIDS RAPE HILLARY DYING MUSLIM BIRTH CERTIFICATE?

Oh, right. They got in power. On every fucking level.

I saw memes on facebook and news about that stuff all real. You see what Bill did on the plane.

Got in power cause it is the truth.

Trump, the alt right, Republican propaganda machines, its all stupid and rightly made fun of , but do you guys not see the problem with treating an explosive thing like this as potentially true until debunked? If this was a story about Hillary taking money from Saudi Arabia or something scandalous of the sort we would likely question the integrity of the intelligence community before accepting it as likely true. In fact, people have been decrying the FBI as trump centric and Comey of being pro-trump ever since the email resurgence, but have no problem citing them as a source for this story to be true when in reality all we know is that trump was presented with this info, and that some unknown parts were considered worth investigating, who knows which. I just can't help but be nervous about the blowback if this ends up being totally false, furthering the narrative that "the media" is biased, dishonest, partisan, and trying to delegitimize the presidency. And making the left look easily manipulated by propaganda that confirms their political bias.

The other thing is idk if I was any this to be true. I don't want a president pence...Similarly I don't want Comey gone, because then we'll get trumps pick for FBI director. This is all too iffy for me.

I'm starting to feel similarly tbh

The Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia stated his nation bankrolled 20% of Hillary's campaign.

Hell there were allegations that she was running pay to play schemes with the Russians when she was Secretary of State. I say use this Trump investigation as an opportunity to look into those allegations and all the Saudi allegations involving the Clinton's and Bush's. If there is proof that illegal foreign influence has occurred it must be rooted out and any administration involved should be made an example out of whether it be Trump, Obama, Shrub, Clinton or those two old coots Bush Sr and Carter.

Over half of Republican voters still think Obama is a secret Muslim. Half of them think Trump won the popular vote. Slightly less than half of them believe in fucking Pizzagate.

The Republicans' narratives feed themselves regardless of how true they are. Their credibility wasn't hurt at all despite being proven wrong every time.

BriGuy

Republicans have overplayed their hand constantly and consistently. They won. It doesn't matter.
Yeah, in the end noble defeats don't help anyone or advance progressive causes. You can pat yourself on the back for "going high" and feel good about yourself, but the other guys are going to be the ones enacting policies that affect our lives.

GutsOfThor

The new political reality in which we find ourselves in DEMANDS this!

Look at what going high accomplished. It got us absolutely nowhere! We lost everything

Trump, the alt right, Republican propaganda machines, its all stupid and rightly made fun of , but do you guys not see the problem with treating an explosive thing like this as potentially true until debunked? If this was a story about Hillary taking money from Saudi Arabia or something scandalous of the sort we would likely question the integrity of the intelligence community before accepting it as likely true. In fact, people have been decrying the FBI as trump centric and Comey of being pro-trump ever since the email resurgence, but have no problem citing them as a source for this story to be true when in reality all we know is that trump was presented with this info, and that some unknown parts were considered worth investigating, who knows which. I just can't help but be nervous about the blowback if this ends up being totally false, furthering the narrative that "the media" is biased, dishonest, partisan, and trying to delegitimize the presidency. And making the left look easily manipulated by propaganda that confirms their political bias.

The other thing is idk if I was any this to be true. I don't want a president pence...Similarly I don't want Comey gone, because then we'll get trumps pick for FBI director. This is all too iffy for me.

Yes, let's keep giving Trump the benefit of the doubt.

Holy shit at anyone fucking comparing Trump's scandals with emails and all the other bullshit the right spew out and pull out of their ass on Hillary and Democrats.

BowieZ

Banned
On Amanpour interview just now, former CIA Deputy Director Michael Morell said some Intelligence Community employees are beginning to tender resignations because of low morale after Trump's denigrations.

I'm sure Putin is shedding tears about that information.

Slime

Banned
On Amanpour interview just now, former CIA Deputy Director Michael Morell said some IC employees are beginning to tender resignations because of low morale after Trump's denigrations.

I'm sure Putin is shedding tears about that information.

Isn't that, like, the worst possible thing they could do?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hell there were allegations that she was running pay to play schemes with the Russians when she was Secretary of State. I say use this Trump investigation as an opportunity to look into those allegations and all the Saudi allegations involving the Clinton's and Bush's. If there is proof that illegal foreign influence has occurred it must be rooted out and any administration involved should be made an example out of whether it be Trump, Obama, Shrub, Clinton or those two old coots Bush Sr and Carter.

If anything, this should be a lesson to Congress to pass stronger transparency laws into money in politics and PACs. And force future presidents to release taxes/income/holdings to prevent appearances and conflicts of interest.

The Republican narrative feeds itself.

It's not constructive to aid and abet Republicans and Trump and giving them wins across every single branch of government. What you suggest plays right into Republican hands.

kess

If anything, this should be a lesson to Congress to pass stronger transparency laws into money in politics and PACs. And force future presidents to release taxes/income/holdings to prevent appearances and conflicts of interest.

Literally the first thing the House voted on last week was a weakening of ethics laws

Yes, let's keep giving Trump the benefit of the doubt.

Holy shit at anyone fucking comparing Trump's scandals with emails
and all the other bullshit the right spew out and pull out of their ass on Hillary and Democrats.
I don't feel they're anywhere near on the same level and obviously ones incredibly dangerous and one is not but I feel that throwing all your eggs in a basket right now before anything is proven will only hurt is later on.

If nothing comes of this people will use it as an example of "remember when the Dems said Trump was a Russian plant and they were wrong.gif?" When something worse happens later down the line.

I'm not saying it is crying wolf, but it definitely seems that way to many, as unfortunate as that is. Though I'm also not saying that we should give up this angle of attack either. Just tread lightly before it potentially bites us in the ass later.

I'd really like to see this happen, but I won't hold my breath.

Apharmd

I don't feel they're anywhere near on the same level and obviously ones incredibly dangerous and one is not but I feel that throwing all your eggs in a basket right now before anything is proven will only hurt is later on.

If nothing comes of this people will use it as an example of "remember when the Dems said Trump was a Russian plant and they were wrong.gif?" When something worse happens later down the line.

I'm not saying it is crying wolf, but it definitely seems that way to many, as unfortunate as that is. Though I'm also not saying that we should give up this angle of attack either. Just tread lightly before it potentially bites us in the ass later.

I hate being sleazy, but there is no one at all screaming "REMEMBER WHEN HILLARY KILLED PEOPLE AT BENGHAZI? OH WAIT THAT NEVER HAPPENED AND THE COMMITTEES FOUND NOTHING. NOTHING."

No one.

At all.

Democrats need to do this the minute they get control of the government again.

There is absolutely zero chance Trump is not working for Putin, so your hypothetical is nonsensical.

The most likely scenario will be "Rember when Republicans backed and defended a Russian puppet?" and their response will be "at least we didn't have Hillary as President, lololol butt hurt dems, emails, she lied, Benghazi died".

I hate being sleazy, but there is no one at all screaming "REMEMBER WHEN HILLARY KILLED PEOPLE AT BENGHAZI? OH WAIT THAT NEVER HAPPENED AND THE COMMITTEES FOUND NOTHING. NOTHING."

No one.

At all.

The same with Obama's birth certificate. And Pizzagate. And voter fraud. And the fake video that Republicans used to destroy ACORN. And all of Trump's lies and those of his surrogates throughout his campaign.

Republicans have spread so much bullshit and they're still seen as being credible. If Democrats can't do the same without getting hurt, it's because they falter and let themselves get hurt.

There is absolutely zero chance Trump is not working for Putin, so your hypothetical is nonsensical.

The most likely scenario will be "Rember when Republicans backed and defended a Russian puppet?" and their response will be "at least we didn't have Hillary as President, lololol butt hurt dems, emails, she lied, Benghazi died".

It doesn't matter if it's true or not and whether or not it's true isn't what I'm arguing. It's whether it ends up being proven or not and whether anything comes of the investigation. Nothing is assured, you should've learned that from this past election and by putting all your eggs in this basket if in the event that nothing comes of this you're only giving more ammunition for the opposition to discredit you in the future.

Apharmd

Dragonsworne is right too. There's way too many connections here as well and way too many actions taken by people who know way too many more things than us that signifies this is of a much more severe consequence than unsecured emails.

ISOM

It doesn't matter if it's true or not and whether or not it's true isn't what I'm arguing. It's whether it ends up being proven or not and whether anything comes of the investigation. Nothing is assured, you should've learned that from this past election and by putting all your eggs in this basket if in the event that nothing comes of this you're only giving more ammunition for the opposition to discredit you in the future.

There's nothing worse than this. So what if's for any future Trump scandals is pointless.

remist

You assign 0% chance to the probability that Trump is not a Russian agent? I would think you'd need some actual non circumstantial evidence before that kind of confidence makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom