• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer has been playing Crackdown and Phantom Dust

Aka... Don't worry Xbox fans, they are still in development.

In all seriousness, the disappointment of Scalebound cancellation, people have half joked that Crackdown would be next from that E3 2014 reveal.

Well, Phil just played it. And a bonus bit of info, Phantom Dust is still in development.

Edit:

Phantom Dust Its the remaster announced last E3 tho, not the project announced in 2014 by Darkside Games

EDIT: Just saying because this really confused some people on other threads

@Dobmateena Just played Crackdown3 w/ @shannonloftis Best CD exp I've had. Agent control, world is very alive, diverse enemies, really fun.

And I got a short look at Phantom Dust with @shannonloftis and @RealKLobb , game really holds up, team is doing nice work.

Source: https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/820034532657070082

Good to hear that the Xbox's line up isn't dead, only mostly dead.

On the other hand, I'd much rather be the one playing the games.

Raylan

Banned
Aka... Don't worry Xbox fans, they are still in development.

In all seriousness, the disappointment of Scalebound cancellation, people have half joked that Crackdown would be next from that E3 2014 reveal.

Well, Phil just played it. And a bonus bit of info, Phantom Dust is still in development.

Source: https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/820034532657070082
I'm sure he played Fable Legends and Scalebound, too. He even tweeted about it.

tumblr_nmtvfjWp1P1us5lplo1_250.gif

Crackdown 3 has been one of my most anticipated games since it was first teased in that dashboard pic of the orb during the Xbox One reveal. Don't mess this up!

Tagyhag

Even if Phantom Dust is the original, that's fine by me, it's a known quality game, and while the new one might not get made, that could have been good or bad.

Strootman

In 3 years we haven't seen a single gameplay video about C3 (apart from the cloud tech video).

I'm still sceptical about the game's overall quality. Hopefully I will be proven wrong.

Baleoce

Phil does stuff, and Phil says stuff. People get excited. It seems to have no correlation over what actually gets released.

Jito

Banned
He probably played Fable Legends and I'm sure Sony Execs played stuff that Guerrilla Cambridge was working on.

Doesn't mean much.

Yeh a lot of people had played Fable Legends, it was in closed/open beta wasn't it? Doesn't mean it's ever safe from being cancelled.

I'd be worried about Crackdown 3 really, seen basically nothing of the game (just like Scalebound) and it wasn't mentioned at all by MS last year.

Crackdown 3 has been one of my most anticipated games since it was first teased in that dashboard pic of the orb during the Xbox One reveal. Don't mess this up!

The whole 'power of the cloud' messaging was still going strong in 2014 and people just didn't buy into the marketing speak.

Maybe they have re-looked at things and saw that they can deliver Crackdown 3, without 'the cloud', particularly on Scorpio.

I am sure MS have some more big titles up their sleeves, but Crackdown is one of the few big announced games left standing. They have to get it right.

Diverse enemies sounds good, and I hope that ends up being true. Of all the Xbox's major titles, this is one of the games I'm least excited about. I hope to be pleasantly surprised with the end product. The first Crackdown had some very solid elements that, with the right surrounding pieces to complete the puzzle, could be something.

Cautiously optimistic.

Even if Phantom Dust is the original, that's fine by me, it's a known quality game, and while the new one might not get made, that could have been good or bad.

Yeah, I would have loved a ground up remake, but I can be happy with an HD port + online. Though I'm not totally sure if the HD part was confirmed lol.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Probably mentioned, but isnt phantum dudt literally a straight port of the og xbox game?

Gedit, damn edit in op

Hexer06

Phantom Dust! I can't fucking wait for that game. I'm actually happy it's a remaster. The first game is amazing and still actually holds up really well, gameplay wise. I'm really hoping Crackdown 3 is still gonna happen. If it turns out as good as it has looked from the (pretty much) tech demos, I'll be happy. Come on E3! Make me forget about Scalebound! (never gonna happen lol)

JP

Oh god, imagine he accidentally deleted Crackdown 3 from his Xbox? I wonder if that's what actually happened to Scalebound? Maybe it was all an accident.

"Just going to move Scalebound to my external hard drive.....oh no!!!!"
giphy.gif

Top Bottom