• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer has been playing Crackdown and Phantom Dust

Jumeira

Banned
Hoping Crackdown embraces character creation. I'm also eager to see how the destruction system is coming along. It will live or die off its traversal mechanics, though.

That next gen destruction combined with precise and fun platforming could mean for something really special. We've got the original creator back for CD3, they've been given lots of time, money and more importantly have a solid foundation to build the game from - at the very least i expect it to be better then CD1. Minimum.

IMO they're most likely spending a lot of time on multiplayer, turn this in to something huge.

I bought the first Crackdown just to play the Halo 3 beta but I was surprised I enjoyed the game for what it was.

Hope this better than the 2nd one which was meh. I really want the destruction to live up to the hype.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Totally off-topic...

...but how do you ignore someone on mobile? Not seeing a user control panel and its not under preferences. Thanks in advance!

The first Crackdown was a shallow disappointment. The over the top physical strength and jumping ability were cool for a while and I just love the transforming vehicles, but the actual combat and story motivation for doing anything at all seemed really brain dead.

They should actually try to give it more of a proper story and identity while this time making sure there really is more diversity, and just maybe this one could turn out to be something special.

I expect Crackdown to not be more than a tech demo for their cloud computing thing.
If they cancel a game after two big press conference presentations, I wont be sure C3 Will be release until I see it gold.

Dabanton

I want them to build on the greatness that was Crackdown 1 the ultimate Sandbox game imo

They over complicated things a bit too much in part 2. When do people think we'll get a beta for this?

The first Crackdown was a shallow disappointment. The over the top physical strength and jumping ability were cool for a while and I just love the transforming vehicles, but the actual combat and story motivation for doing anything at all seemed really brain dead.

They should actually try to give it more of a proper story and identity while this time making sure there really is more diversity, and just maybe this one could turn out to be something special.

I guess if the cloud tech allows you to topple buildings to get at the bosses you can be more inventive. Seeing how people used the physics of the first game to do crazy stuff. I'm just imagining what madness we can do if you can smash through walls and windows.

Gattsu25

Banned
Totally off-topic...

...but how do you ignore someone on mobile? Not seeing a user control panel and its not under preferences. Thanks in advance!

You may have to use a bookmark.

Open the user's profile to copy their user id in the url and then see if this link works when you hot swap in that user's user id at the end (replace the 123456789):
Code:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=123456789

Edit: nope, doesn't look like that works

I was a bit shocked to see that there is no ignore options on the mobile site :\

So pumped for Crackdown 3. Definitely confident that they would never axe it, despite all the jokes this past week.

Though another delay into 2018 wouldn't surprise me...

kubev

Nice to hear that Phantom Dust is still in development (for now). Has the scope of the game changed at all since its development switched to another team, or is it still nothing more than a touch-up of the original? Either way, I look forward to playing it at some point.

Chobel

This doesn't mean anything, from last year

j0MO85A.png

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/708330416978026496

Rymuth

To be fair, I can play Phantom Dust as well on my Xbox 360...it's not exactly a monumental milestone to be bragging about.

Now if he said instead that there won't be MCC-like fuck ups for the online components, that's something I can agree is worth the short-term PR win.

Even if Phantom Dust is the original, that's fine by me, it's a known quality game, and while the new one might not get made, that could have been good or bad.

it's the best way to test the waters, if the port sells good enough it could have chances of getting a sequel

Nice to hear that Phantom Dust is still in development (for now). Has the scope of the game changed at all since its development switched to another team, or is it still nothing more than a touch-up of the original? Either way, I look forward to playing it at some point.

it's just a remaster with new features, that's awesome for me, I always wanted to play again PD with a proper treatment. Also, Phantom Dust wasn't released in Europe so we couldn't play it unless you owned a modded XBOX, and because of that PD wasn't backwards compatible for us 360 PAL owners

Theorry

Jesus people overreacting again. He responded on a question about Crackdown. He played it that day. So why not respond to it. And he does this all the time. Its not like he is suddenly in "damage control mode"

I don't get the concern over Crackdown in light of Scalebound's cancellation, it's a sequel where they know what target they have to match and better. The cloud-powered destruction in MP mode is where it could potentially see cut-backs, but as they have an SP mode that doesn't rely on the cloud, I doubt they'd shelve the whole project because of that.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Jesus people overreacting again. He responded on a question about Crackdown. He played it that day. So why not respond to it. And he does this all the time. Its not like he is suddenly in "damage control mode"

You know we're talking in a Microsoft thread right?

It's either PR talk/they fucked up/damage control.

urge26

I love Spencer, but Scalebound canceled, nothing said about Crackdown for ages, then timed tweets on it and Phantom Dust? Bahwawawawaw.... come on guys seriously???

Goodness this thread feels like a broken record with all the "I bet he played Scalebound too" or similar comments.

Microsoft mentioned Crackdown in the Scalebound announcement as one of their 2017 releases. If they were planning on cancelling it they would not be drawing attention to it, and they would probably not be cancelling a game slated to come out this year. Phil Spencer would also not be mentioning a game on the chopping block, especially if it's a game they just mentioned is at most 11 months away and is a 2017 release. Chances are it's a Scorpio launch title and we see it at E3.

Man, I really hope we're going to get a good look at Crackdown 3 at E3 this year, because we haven't seen anything about since 2015. And it's supposed to come out this year, right?

Totally off-topic...

Switch to desktop site by hitting disable mobile (you have to click post of the user you want to ignore first) and it's the usual from there

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

This is GAF. Majority dislikes MS and will spin everything to negative. So the reaction, comes hardly as a surprise to me anymore.

cakely

You know we're talking in a Microsoft thread right?

It's either PR talk/they fucked up/damage control.

This is GAF. Majority dislikes MS and will spin everything to negative. So the reaction, comes hardly as a surprise to me anymore.

SonyGAF again, huh guys?

People are reacting because Scalebound was just cancelled and Phil's talking about two more upcoming exclusives. You know this, though.

Theorry

SonyGAF again, huh guys?

People are reacting because Scalebound was just cancelled and Phil's talking about two more upcoming exclusives. You know this, though.

I just say people are overreacting. Nothing about MS or "sonygaf"
I responded on the "damage control" comments. That he doing this isnt that unusual.

Humdinger

I don't feel the need for any pitchforks. I want to give Phil a little break here. It's kind of obvious what he's doing (changing the subject to something a little more positive), but it's also pretty normal behavior. He's said what he can say; there's not much more to add, and there's little reason to continue to engage on the topic. So, he's shifting the discussion to something a bit more positive. Imo, he's just being a normal person here; most of us would probably do the same in the situation (forgive the heresy of saying Phil is human, not divine).

Top Bottom