• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria free for PS+ users[R3]

cheesekao

EDIT: R3 means Asia(Japan not included)

Tales%20of%20Zestiria%201.jpg
To commemorate Taipei Game Show 2017, Asia PlayStation®Plus will offer an extra Free Game title ”Tales of Zestiria" to all PlayStation®Plus members starting from 20th January to 2nd February.
https://blog.asia.playstation.com/m...-for-taipei-game-show-2017-tales-of-zestiria/

On a side note, Alienation is also free on PS+ for R3 users and it's a game I highly recommend if you haven't tried it yet.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Could have just put Asia only in the title...R3 lol.

cheesekao

Thanks.

Do I need a Credit Card to create an asiatic account?
For creating the account? No. For activating the free PS+ trial(is that still a thing?), I'm not sure.

Because just typing "Asia" was way too confusing.

Could have just put Asia only in the title...R3 lol.

Seriously, lol. This is almost clickbaity...
Sorry guys. I thought region codes were general knowledge. I'll edit the OP.

ChrisD

Yay, I've been curious but didn't want to spend since impressions weren't consistent! :D

...oh, that's what R3 is
nvm lol

Now to the point, how do I create an asiatic accont?

Are there 14-day PS+ trials as in other regions?

Do I need to keep suscribed to PS+ to play these games?

cheesekao

Now to the point, how do I create an asiatic accont?

Are there 14-day PS+ trials as in other regions?

Do I need to keep suscribed to PS+ to play these games?
It's the same as creating any account. The difference is you have to set your region to an asian country(minus Japan) when creating the account. Many people prefer to use Hong Kong so you can go with that. As with any PS+ game, you have access to it as long as your subscription is live. As for the free trial things, I'm not sure.

Asia Store pales in comparison to NA/EU store when it comes to deals, simul-release of indie games (where the hell is Stardew Valley & INSIDE!?), and there are times where that lack of certain indie games impact PS+ games ( no Invisible Inc for Asia PS+ yet), but in general, Asia PS+ is superior in its IGC offerings this gen.

Notable games that I think Asia got that NA/EU don't are...
- Guilty Gear Xrd
- Saints Row Re-elected
- Tales of Zestiria
- Gravity Rush Remastered

Not to mention there's no price increase.

Ogawa-san

Asia Store pales in comparison to NA/EU store when it comes to deals, simul-release of indie games (where the hell is Stardew Valley & INSIDE!?), and there are times where that lack of certain indie games impact PS+ games ( no Invisible Inc for Asia PS+ yet), but in general, Asia PS+ is superior in its IGC offerings this gen.
Yep. If the IGC didn't overlap so often and/or I could get multiple accounts running on Vita, I'd pay for asian PS+ just for the games.

Usobuko

Banned
Tales is a series where it's very hard to muster the mood to play the game. Can't finished Xillia 2, Abyss, Symphonia.

But whatever, I will download this.

Nothing wrong with the thread title

Also ps plus asia usually kicks ass. Deals suck though. And Ps2 classics is still not up.
On the brightside, you only have to pay the equivalent of 3 months NA ps plus for 1 year of asia ps plus.

ffvorax

Title is right but misleading... how many knows that R3 is region 3 that means asia? :\

I would love to play Zestiria for free, not a big fan of Tales series, but appreciated Xillia and Graces f.

cheesekao

Yeah, but I've literally never heard them used in relation to PSN. And would R2 be PAL or NTSC-J?

Like, this doesn't make sense at all.
PSN has 4 distinct regions. For example, USA and Canada that fall under the R1 region.

R1 = America
R2 = Europe+Australia
R3 = Asia
Japan(Technically speaking, Japan is R2 as well but Sony separated it for obvious reasons)

PSN has 4 distinct regions. For example, USA and Canada that fall under the R1 region.

R1 = America
R2 = Europe+Australia
R3 = Asia
Japan(Technically speaking, Japan is R2 as well but Sony separated it for obvious reasons)

So basically, your thread title demands that the reader first thinks of PSN in terms of DVD regions for no apparent reason, but then also remembers that PSN does not use DVD regions because they're different.

I'm glad that's cleared up!

cheesekao

So basically, your thread title demands that the reader first thinks of PSN in terms of DVD regions for no apparent reason, but then also remembers that PSN does not use DVD regions because they're different.

I'm glad that's cleared up!

DVD Region Code / Region(s) Used
1 / USA and Canada
2 / Western Europe, the Middle East, South Africa, and Japan
3 / Southeast Asia

Outside of Japan, it's pretty similar. Also, you're incorrect in assuming I made the title assuming people should think in DVD region codes.

DVD Region Code / Region(s) Used
1 / USA and Canada
2 / Western Europe, the Middle East, South Africa, and Japan
3 / Southeast Asia

Outside of Japan, it's pretty similar.

Similar, but a fairly crucial difference, that. Important point though is that no one thinks of PSN in terms of "region codes," apart from you!

EU, NA, JP, and Asia (exc. JP) are the only ways that I have ever heard them referred to by on GAF.

cheesekao

Similar, but a fairly crucial difference, that. Important point though is that no one thinks of PSN in terms of "region codes," apart from you!

EU, NA, JP, and Asia (exc. JP) are the only ways that I have ever heard them referred to by on GAF.
Well I see people use them all the time. I guess GAF simply isn't used to it and I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Is this the PS4 version? The PS Blog didn't specify.
PS4.

Not hard. But do you want to pay for Plus on that account?
Are you sure there's no 14-day trial for new accounts?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Well I knew what you were on about OP so your title's fine in my book :p Comes from all them years of importing R3 HK dvds!

Top Bottom