• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria free for PS+ users[R3]

GNOSIS

I guess people in Asia are the one who is more familiar with these zone numbers. Because I got what OP meant as soon as I saw R3.

We are used to making accounts in other regions so that's why.

Too bad my main account is Z1. (Or R1 or NA account.)

arcticice

Region discussion is pretty common here in Asia because the same game arrives with so many different versions.But i understand why most of the users weren't able to understand the term

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Tales of Zesteria was my first Tales game and I really enjoyed it. What are the main reasons people don't like it?

Most popular reasons:
-Visually bland, adherence to the connected world zones led to dull environments, repeated textures and poor dungeon design, and some locations could be mistaken for having ps2 assets.
-Equipment system is tedious to deal with, too much focus on RNG. Decision trade off for stat gains vs runic bonuses was just kind of lame to concern over.
-Combat camera woes.
-Narrative filled with illogical conveniences, pacing was way off, especially as the game progresses.
-Combat design took out a lot of what made Graces combat supposedly great. Not having played Graces, I personally dislike how rigid the focus is on stun locks and the 4-stage combos. Fusion system felt imbalanced to many and poorly adopted(got real stale too).

That said, I also ended up enjoying the game. Begrudgingly though, as I don't disagree with most of the complaints.

Seiryoden

I hard quit Zestiria after 4 hours. It's the reason why Beseria is the 1st Tales game in ten years that I won't be there for day one.

Usobuko

Banned
I guess people in Asia are the one who is more familiar with these zone numbers. Because I got what OP meant as soon as I saw R3.

We are used to making accounts in other regions so that's why.

Too bad my main account is Z1. (Or R1 or NA account.)

Yes.

On my excel sheet, I have R1/R2/R3 to indicate my games collection because of DLC compatibility. I don't usually buy other versions unless it's dirt cheap comparatively, like during a sale.

chadi

It says Tales of Zestiria - Digital Edition (Chinese Ver.) when I checked using my HK PSN account... No thanks. :\

Apparently the English version is available for SG accounts though. Not sure about other countries under R3.

Mieu

Zestiria is a terrible game, so no loss to non-R3 folk.

Don't you ever diss this wonderful game. You shall taste the wrath of Indignation!!

It's not that bad. A good game with just a complex weapon system, bad camera, claustrophobic dungeons, and bad framerate?

Not to mention that you will surely enjoy Edna's companionship.

Yeah, I feel OP. I was surprised that you guys didn't know R1/R2/R3, I always think that's general knowledge lol. But it seems like it's only prominent in Asia because we like to use multiple regions here (I myself have a NA and Asia account).

And at least for Indonesia, PS+ is significantly cheaper. It's approx. $26 here for a year :)

It says Tales of Zestiria - Digital Edition (Chinese Ver.) when I checked using my HK PSN account... No thanks. :\

Apparently the English version is available for SG accounts though. Not sure about other countries under R3.

Ah, another note for you guys who *might* want to create an Asia account, a game could be in 3 languages (Chinese, Japanese, English) in Asia region. Sometimes all 3 languages is available, sometimes the language that's available depends on the country you signed in.

I'm using Indonesia account, and the free copy of Tales of Zestiria is in English.

P.S: Currently, if you buy 12 months PS+ from PSN you'll get The Order 1886/Infamous Second Son (your choice).

I got what you meant instantly with R3, OP. Don't worry about it.

Surprised that tons of people angrily didn't know though.

The Jutty

Most popular reasons:
-Visually bland, adherence to the connected world zones led to dull environments, repeated textures and poor dungeon design, and some locations could be mistaken for having ps2 assets.
-Equipment system is tedious to deal with, too much focus on RNG. Decision trade off for stat gains vs runic bonuses was just kind of lame to concern over.
-Combat camera woes.
-Narrative filled with illogical conveniences, pacing was way off, especially as the game progresses.
-Combat design took out a lot of what made Graces combat supposedly great. Not having played Graces, I personally dislike how rigid the focus is on stun locks and the 4-stage combos. Fusion system felt imbalanced to many and poorly adopted(got real stale too).

That said, I also ended up enjoying the game. Begrudgingly though, as I don't disagree with most of the complaints.

I do remember the camera being pretty bad in certain situations, but maybe it's where it was my first exposure to the series that I didn't pick up on the rest. My main complaint would be how easy it was til post game. I really had a great time with it tho.

MSMrRound

Region coding e.g R3, R1 for US etc is pretty common over here in South East Asia. Not OP's fault as we use that pretty often over here.

I already got a physical version but I wouldn't mind a digital ver. It's good of Bandai Namco SEA to provide a English version too, for the first time in a while, none of that "Chinese ver only" crapwe get from PS+ monthly games.

Calviscerate

Neo Member
Us R3 gamers often get short changed when it comes to the PS Plus free games so it's nice to see the occasional extra freebie. I remember Rocket League being free on PS Plus everywhere in the world except R3 because it wasn't even available on the PS Store yet.

Top Bottom