• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ps4 Software sales Reach 401.1 million

viHuGi

Banned
Oda said, “Sales of PS4 exceeded 53.4 million units worldwide, and the sales total of PS4’s game software reached more than 400 million (401.1 million),” , “2016 was a year when we were able to offer a fruitful product line-up,” PS4 with a slim shape, PS4 Pro with further improved performance, and PSVR . However, for PS4 Pro and PSVR, we apologize for the fact that the number of units supplied was insufficient and could not meet the demand of purchasers.

Road to ONE Billion Software sales!

RoyalFool

Banned
Glad the dedicated home console market is striving despite early predictions suggesting otherwise. Incredible numbers, just hope they keep re-investing in their first party studios as I wonder where the next 400m are going to come from at this rate.

rockx4

Does this count PS+ free games? Those all go through the checkout process, you even get an order confirmation email, and email even states "Thank you for your PlayStation®Store purchase. A receipt of your purchase is below. Be sure to keep it in a safe place for future reference."

Femto.

giphy.gif

Congrats. Sony plays it safe but clearly there is a market for that lol.

It has the games...what more can be said?

Own at least 10 games myself

Still to get God of War, Persona 5 and Horizon (if it reviews well)

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
That's a pretty great attach rate. ~7.5 games per console.
It can't be used to compare it with previous generation due to the price flexibility that a modern digital marketplace supports and the resulting variable platform holder cut.

Zophar

I've bought PS4 software faster than literally every other platform I've ever owned. Between retail releases and frequent digital sales my PS4 library went over 100 titles in under a year. Sony knocked this out of the park.

StereoVsn

Now that I think about it I skew the ratio quite a bit. Probably have 30 physical and double that digital games. I might have played half and finished less :(.

joecanada

Honestly, if they count PS+ titles it's a little skewed. That's almost 24 games a year per subscriber..

Even if they did count that's still wayyyy off the attach rate isn't 24 per year per person lol. You don't automatically gain every psplus game you have to actually buy them for 0
and I don't think they count anyway. For example I've bought 4-5 psplus games .

I know I've contributed greatly. Completely bragging but between physical and digital (not including free PS+ games) I own 120+ PS4 games.

As someone who takes joy in the commercial success of video games, I'm all like

giphy.gif

What a great time to be alive.

Come on Microsoft, have a good E3. Come on Switch, we need you in this, too. I wish everybody success.

ocean

Banned
Off the top of my head I've got: these AAAs. Not counting PS+ or smaller indies I've gotten.

Destiny (+DLC)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (+DLC)
Grand Theft Auto V
The Witcher 3 (+DLC)
Batman: Arkham Knight
UFC
Street Fighter 4
Driveclub
Assassin’s Creed: Unity
The Division
Bloodborne
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XIV
Final Fantasy XV
Battlefield 4 (+DLC)
Diablo 3
MLB: The Show 15
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Shadow of Mordor
FIFA 17
Titanfall 2
The Last of Us
Injustice
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Most of these bought day 1 at full retail price. There has never been a console I buy so much software for tbh.

Top Bottom