• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Numb

giphy.gif

Lol. Surfing through pandoras box 4s titles and right at the end was "Martial Masters". Played me some of that shit. For those that dont remember it, this is that game with the absolutely bizarrely animated idle stances.

FPufODt.gif
ugmhhRR.gif
9ACad1Y.gif
YHqvmDK.gif
EFJe0Bw.gif

Game is fun and bizarre like many of the weird things I'm discovering in my library.

Seems like a 4 button fighter. Got my stuff setup for the capcom 6 button layout now. Xmen Children of the Atom Sentinel feels amazing compared to any of his later variations. That body splash and buzzsaw kick. Too good.

Mortal Kombat stances if the animation was gud

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
the dude in the purple suit is actually named Scorpion and his crouch stance has him holding one of his legs up like a scorpion tail if I remember correctly.

Shouta

Analysis: The Consequences of Reducing the Skill Gap

Someone make the thread
juggle me to death if old

I posted in the SFV thread but it sort of misses the real problem with SFV, the complexity of the game got simplified along with the execution. It being easier to execute stuff is totally fine, there are many games that don't have stringent requirements there but still have the depth and complexity of gameplay that players want. Lowering both is what's really hurting the game.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I posted in the SFV thread but it sort of misses the real problem with SFV, the complexity of the game got simplified along with the execution. It being easier to execute stuff is totally fine, there are many games that don't have stringent requirements there but still have the depth and complexity of gameplay that players want. Lowering both is what's really hurting the game.

I think it's still a vid worthy of getting its own thread to expand on the discussion.

Anyhoo, finally got around to getting a Brooks converter for my old PS3 1st gen SF4 TE stick. Time to pick up Injustice 2 and GGX Rev 2.

Numb

I think it's still a vid worthy of getting its own thread to expand on the discussion.

Anyhoo, finally got around to getting a Brooks converter for my old PS3 1st gen SF4 TE stick. Time to pick up Injustice 2 and GGX Rev 2.
But no Tekken 7?
You can put food items on people in there, Xia.

Wallach

This is gonna be the first year I get to attend EVO.

For anyone here that went last year, how close is the Mandalay Resort to everything? Walking distance? Trying to decide where to book my hotel reservation. I'm guessing that is the most convenient location for all three days?

shaowebb

Man its really getting old playing Green Arrow in Injustice 2, loading an arrow (fire, ice, electric, glove, etc) and then after a cinematic LOSING it. Doesn't matter if its a clash, transition or super...if one plays whatever arrow you had loaded is gone and if it was the Boxing Glove then youre out meter.

Really annoying glitch.

Man its really getting old playing Green Arrow in Injustice 2, loading an arrow (fire, ice, electric, glove, etc) and then after a cinematic LOSING it. Doesn't matter if its a clash, transition or super...if one plays whatever arrow you had loaded is gone and if it was the Boxing Glove then youre out meter.

Really annoying glitch.
Same thing happens with almost everybody's trait. If you're just 0.20 secs away from fully charging your lvl3 trait as Black Canary, a clash will knock it all the way back down to the start of level 2.

If you just activated your trait as Wonder Woman, then you lose the buff regardless of how long you had left.

Don't know if it is a glitch or not but it definitely hurts more than it helps IMO.

Wallach

That mechanic seems like an intentional kick in the nads. Like if you are on Bane it will run out the active venom timer, but hold the start of the debuff until after the scene ends. Luckily it doesn't do that for round transitions too.

.la1n

Injustice clashes are dumb.

Can't argue with this. It kinda fits the super hero motif but they needed reworking or axing all together. This is coming from someone who put minimal time into the game so maybe they serve a bigger purpose than I realize on a surface level. I do get the "mind game" behind it.

Clashes would be "fairer" if the person eating damage didn't get so much meter. 8/10 times the defender wins the clash because I had to spend meter to get the damage whereas they built a bar from it.

Numb

Why do people compare themselves to pros?
Just because videogames suddenly reactions,footsies,talent,execution,mindgames,effort,time etc arent a thing with the performance and is the fault of the games being hard?
Jmon

Why do people compare themselves to pros?
Just because videogames suddenly reactions,footsies,talent,execution,mindgames,effort,time etc arent a thing with the performance and is the fault of the games being hard?
Jmon

accepting that you ain't shit and that you ain't ever gonna be shit is hard

the best fighting games are those that make it painfully clear tho

Tripon

Oh, I thought it was supposed to be pretty close to the convention center. Any recommendations for a better location?

Oh, that's what you meant. EVO this year is being held in the Mandalay Bay Convention center, so if you want to be as close as possible, yeah, stay in the Mandalay Bay. If you want to save some bucks, stay at the Luxor, and you can take a free shuttle that connects Excalibur, Luxor and the Mandalay Bay. If you really want to save money, stay at Excalibur, but it's easily the cheapest and worst option in terms of convenience of the three.

But if you want to do anything on the Las Vegas Strip, you'll either have to be willing to walk, take a taxi or uber to get anywhere, because the Mandalay Bay is where the strip starts.

lvhotels.gif

Top Bottom