• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leak? Middle Earth: Shadow of War [Box Art, Game Details, tons of DLC]

What do you think the "Gold War Chest" is for?

Results are only viewable after voting.

iSnakeTk

Should be put to work in a coal mine.
Go behind enemy lines to forge your army, conquer Fortresses and dominate Mordor from within. Experience how the award winning Nemesis System creates unique personal stories with every enemy and follower, and confront the full power of the Dark Lord Sauron and his Ringwraiths in this epic new story of Middle-earth.

In Middle-earth: Shadow of War, nothing will be forgotten.

Hardware Platform: Playstation 4
Video Game Condition: new
ESRB Age Rating: RP - Rating Pending
ESRB Content Description: RP - rating pending
Video Game Genre: Adventure,
Battery: no battery used
ESRB Rating: RATING PENDING RP - rating pending
TCIN: 52320396
UPC: 883929583782
Store Item Number (DPCI): 207-34-1663
Origin: Made in the USA

"Go behind enemy lines to forge your army, conquer Fortresses and dominate Mordor from within. Experience how the award winning Nemesis System creates unique personal stories with every enemy and follower, and confront the full power of the Dark Lord Sauron and his Ringwraiths in this epic new story of Middle-earth."

Gold Edition includes:
• Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion
• Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion
• The Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion
• The Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion
• Gold War Chest
• Over $125 in total value

Nemesis Expansions include a new Orc Tribe featuring new enemies, followers, missions, abilities, weapons, Fortress and wilderness updates, and a Mythic Gear Set.

Story Expansions introduce a new campaign, playable character & abilities, side missions, enemies, allies & more.

Experience an epic open-world brought to life by the award-winning Nemesis System. Forge a new Ring of Power, conquer Fortresses in massive battles and dominate Mordor with your personal Orc army in Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™.

Mordor again? Eh.

Higher Res versions of the covers:
Base Game said:
53QXjZn.png

Gold Edition said:

jonno394

Is that the Balrog in the background of the Gold Edition?
It'd be cool if the entire game didn't take place in Mordor. I'd love to visit Rohan or Gondor.

It's got the Balrog and Tower of Isengard, safe to assume it won't just be Mordor any more.

edit - or maybe not...

Frostman

"Go behind enemy lines to forge your army, conquer Fortresses and dominate Mordor from within. Experience how the award winning Nemesis System creates unique personal stories with every enemy and follower, and confront the full power of the Dark Lord Sauron and his Ringwraiths in this epic new story of Middle-earth."

Gold Edition includes:
• Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion
• Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion
• The Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion
• The Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion
• Gold War Chest
• Over $125 in total value

Nemesis Expansions include a new Orc Tribe featuring new enemies, followers, missions, abilities, weapons, Fortress and wilderness updates, and a Mythic Gear Set.

Story Expansions introduce a new campaign, playable character & abilities, side missions, enemies, allies & more.

Experience an epic open-world brought to life by the award-winning Nemesis System. Forge a new Ring of Power, conquer Fortresses in massive battles and dominate Mordor with your personal Orc army in Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™.

I'm guessing those expansions are future releases part of a season pass? Not expansions locked to the Gold edition.

Flux

I was hoping more games would like imitate or emulate the nemesis system. I really liked shadows of Mordor despite the flaws like being ridiculous OP by the halfway point or some silly enemy immunities like immune to stabbing.

First one had great combat but the mission design and world were too repetitive for me. Had a lot of great aspects, so I'm in for the sequel. Especially if it has more of middle earth

Peroroncino

About goddam time, Shadow of Mordor was dope so I was surprised there wasn't anything on a potential sequel.

However I think the title isn't doing them any favors, Shadow of Mordor 2 would be much more straighforward.

i wonder if it will have some sort of online component to it

like send your orc or faction/something out to war against online opponents
i think that would be neat, even if it is just reduced to a results screens

also makes me think wb would just jam lootboxes into it, considering how prolific they are with "extra content"
"customize your orc with cool armor!"

shit like orc army gets me excited though as dumb as that may sound

Zoon

Cool, I hope there are more RPG elements this time. Can't even remember the last time I killed a Nazgul.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

We fighting the Nazgûl?
qmJs0.gif

bunkitz

Dope title. Dope (standard) box art. I'd rather it not be the March 8 announcement cause I'd like that to be Arkham. Still, cool.

I really need to play the first game.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Isn't this just a re-release of Shadow of Mordor with some expanded content?

Tizoc

If they trim down the open world elements I can see myself picking this up day 1.
Otherwise...eh this being a WB game I'll wait a year or so for it to drop to around $15.

I really want this to be better than Shadow of Mordor. I still contend that half the reason it's as loved as it is is because 2014 was an ass year for games. I do believe some people liked it, but I couldn't stand it.

Top Bottom