• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leak? Middle Earth: Shadow of War [Box Art, Game Details, tons of DLC]

What do you think the "Gold War Chest" is for?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Simo

Excellent. Loved the first game especially the combat and the Nemesis system. If I'm building an army does this mean I can have my own ranks to choose so that if one of my leaders is killed the game will use the Nemesis system in a reverse way to choose a successor?

The Nemesis system was such an awesome feature, I want to see how they improved/expanded on that. Hopefully they make the world less barren than the first game since it was a really fun game in a pretty boring world.

Shadow of Wardor!

I really hope they make it, A) more balanced, and B) more focused on the Nemesis system, and not their awful "campaign" again. (The fortress stuff gives me a glimmer of hope.)

Also I'm kind of disapppointed it has Celebrimbor and the Aragorn stand-in again. Would have preferred a better duo, or at least a protagonist that isn't so agonisingly bland.

Excellent. Loved the first game especially the combat and the Nemesis system. If I'm building an army does this mean I can have my own ranks to choose so that if one of my leaders is killed the game will use the Nemesis system in a reverse way to choose a successor?

oh my god

GHG

First game was trash. Hopefully they've made a lot of improvements to make this worthwhile.

Kaizer

Banned
LEHHGO, I'm ready for this. First game was awesome, outside of the trash story & HORRIBLE final boss battle. The nemesis system was fantastic.

Plasma

Banned
First one had some good mechanics but I stopped playing after getting to the second map it just got so repetitive after awhile.

I'm ready for a new one just to have more of that Nemesis system in my life. What are the chances this was a Batman game before becoming a SoM sequel?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Please Monolith

- Do not make Talion overpowered upon reaching the second half of the game
- More mission and area variety

It's all I ask

Accoun

Forgot that Shadow Of Mordor existed and for some reason I came here thinking of The Battle For Middle-Earth.

:-(

iTehDroiD

Neo Member
Man I wish they would go with a different time period. We all know what will happen to Sauron so story wise they are very limited. In a different time peroiod, maybe second age of middle earth, they would have much more freedom story wise.

I'm ready for a new one just to have more of that Nemesis system in my life. What are the chances this was a Batman game before becoming a SoM sequel?

0%

They've probably been working on this since Mordor came out

Please Monolith

- Do not make the character overpowered upon reaching the second half of the game
- More mission and area variety

It's all I ask

Nah man I want my boy to be able to carve up all the orcs

Elixist

i enjoyed the first game. was forgettable as fuck and aged like a banana tho, hopefully they switch it up alot and make combat way better and challenging. take a couple of cues from souls imo in world building and exploring and have some cool secrets loots and shit.

-griffy-

Banned
That is a balrog on the gold edition, not the balrog. There are more than one, so it's entirely possible to fight a balrog in Mordor without visiting another location.

First game had the best Arkham-style combat besides the Arkham games, and the Nemesis system was great

I wonder if having your own army could mean dueling Nemesis systems, with the enemies trying to infiltrate and destroy your own forces and leaders as well

FHIZ

I wonder what the thought process is for the person at WB Games who just had their Sunday morning ruined. Do you rush to get in touch with someone at Target to pull this shit down? What's the point, damage is done, this isn't "I saw this one someone's laptop while riding the bus" this is legit retailer with art and details. We know it's a thing for sure. Do you nownpush up that March 8th announcement? Or do you just pretend everything isn't on fire.

Spaghetti

I liked the first game (even if I seriously don't think it deserved the GOTY plaudits), so I guess I'm tentatively in for this. August release is nice.

I had good fun with the first one. I'd love to see a sequel that improves on the first one's faults. Really looking forward to seeing gameplay for this one.

On another note, I'm surprised the nemesis system hasn't been really used in any game since.

Stiler

I hope they expanded on more rpg elements for the world this time around.

The game was great fun and the Nemesis system was a blast, but after playing it a bit it started to get quite repetitive in terms of the gameplay loop and variety in what you did.

yay39jd8.gif

Weetrick

I really liked the first game but they need to take us beyond Mordor this time. Mordor is the ugliest, most visually dull part of Middle Earth.

Forkball

Quite the leak there.

It seems to have more RPG elements with equippable gear. The follower system sounds similar to Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Maybe they will incorporate the Nemesis system with your allies as well. It should be interesting to see how they expand from the first game which I really enjoyed.

Nice.Didnt think the last one was terrible like some here, scratch my head about that...But they do need to make improvements over the 1st

Frodo

I'd be in for more orc killing simulator.

Specially if they flash out the nemesis system. Also, make the orcs NOT speak English, pretty please. That was corny as hell.

Arion

I'm interested to see how they will improve on the nemesis system. I hope it's not just the same as the first game.

Top Bottom