• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter II Price/Release date announced: $40, May 26th

Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers for the Nintendo Switch releases on 5/26 for $39.99! For more info: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/ultra-street-fighter-2-the-final-challengers-switch

usf2.png

2cTJ_jXkYq44s9i93p5Q8AW8lrPfTAqg.png

GAME DETAILS
Street Fighter II, the game that defined the fighting game genre in the 1990s, is back on the Nintendo Switch! The newest iteration of SFII in nearly 10 years features all of the classic characters, a host of new features, as well as two new fighters; Evil Ryu and Violent Ken!

-Features a stellar line-up of characters, including all the original fighters and bosses, the characters added in Super Street Fighter II, plus new additions Evil Ryu and Violent Ken!
-Choose between classic pixel-art graphics for a retro nostalgia trip, or enjoy a refined new modern look!
-Use the Joy-Con to challenge a second player anytime, anywhere. Pull off flashy super combos and show your opponent who the strongest is around!
-In addition to versus action, you can now team up with a friend to take on a CPU opponent!

*edit* Hi-res box art. Thank you, Hero of Legend.
ultrastreetfighter2-t1csjn.png

*edit* What the box art is based off of (without the logos, etc.). Thank you, L Thammy.
4d2ba3dfec88d78223c1ehnkbg.jpg

Hadouken me if old.

Fireblend

Banned
I think Capcom is in for a rude awakening.

What is worrying is they'll probably use this as a benchmark to "justify" developing other games for Switch or not. Makes me wonder if they're intentionally sabotaging themselves :p

Stopdoor

Did Chun-Li lose part of her clothes or am I looking at that wrong?

EDIT: Yeah, I guess the white band just looks coincidentally the same shade as skin here.

BiggNife

I love SF but I'm not rebuying a XBLA game for $25 more.

And before someone says "it's not the same!!!!!" Im well aware of that, but a rebalance and fuckin Evil Ryu don't justify that price hike. And the hadoken minigame looks like a half-assed gimmick.

Kade

Nah, not for $40.

That's going to be at least $49.99 CAD if they're generous. Likely to be $59.99 CAD because it's Capcom.

Sizzel

My sides. 40$? Make it digital and charge 15$. This is officially insane. more insane than releasing an over 20-year-old game with a fresh coat of paint and declaring it and amazing get. More insane than adding a first person mode. If you buy this.. you need to be either the biggest SF fan..or really look long and hard in the mirror.

bman94

Beautiful cover. I wouldn't get so caught up on the price. It's a Capcom game, I'll be $5 like the week after the release.

Would've been perfect at $20. $30 would've been the absolute upper limit. Bought HD Remix for $15. $40 is stupid. Literally what reason is there for it?

Edit - I wonder what series Capcom will kill as a scapegoat if the game bombs this time.

OnPoint

I thought the UI looked awful in the previews. Wasn't there a pixel scaling issue as well? Also the first person mode looked bad. I don't think I'm picking this up at any price.

Cover is nice though.

notworksafe

No chance I'll buy this for even 50% off as it stands now. If they included an arcade perfect version of ST...I'd buy it for $40 day one.

Top Bottom