• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania got delayed from its Spring release date to Summer.

TimmiT

Also new art:
C7ErDcvU4AAYHts.jpg:large
https://twitter.com/tssznews/status/842501950604304384

Ouroboros

If any series needs to make sure it doesn't rush a game off to market, it's the Sonic series. Take your time, boys.

Eolz

I'm happy with that. Too many games right now, and it feels like a good summer game (especially on the go :p )

antibolo

Banned
Oh well.

Not that Mania won't be good or anything but, time certainly doesn't save a bad game from being bad as recent years have shown.

What's that even supposed to mean.

For every instance of a delayed bad game there's like ten delayed good games.

Sega actually swallowing their pride and delaying a Sonic game is a rare move as far as I remember. They've been rushing them to meet deadlines since 2, 3 and almost everything since.

Fire and Ice was delayed a whole year but they were apparently just sitting on it the entire time rather than actually extending its development.

BiggNife

Felt like something was off when Webber said they'd give price information "in the coming months" during pax

Ah well. I can wait a little longer.

jman0625

Neo Member
Played Green Hill at PAX, it feels like a great new 2D sonic. I can wait a year. Wanna see some Project Sonic 2017

Pretty sure they'll give Taxman and co as much time as is feasible to make sure the game has the best possible chance. Which I am perfectly fine with.

Guess Who

Banned

I love the original Flying Battery, but this trailer doesn't look like an especially new take on it. After seeing GHZ2, and hearing them talk about how other "remixed" levels would be more drastically different like GHZ2 is, this looks a whole lot like S&K Flying Battery save a few bits.

Rest of the game looks phenomenal, so I'm not losing hope or anything - maybe it's just a bad trailer. You could certainly cut a few bits of GHZ1 in this game that don't look impressive, too.

jobrro

Hopefully game turns out better for it. Eager for the game but the start of this year is loaded as is so not going to miss it too much, still trying to catch up.

Smasher89

Nice, feels like the feedbackI(and probably alot of other people) gave on the survey some time ago go got to them.

Maybe they get some games towards a direction of actually finished games instead of sticking to the reputation of unfinished rushed games! :D

What's that even supposed to mean.

For every instance of a delayed bad game there's like ten delayed good games.

Okay? I am just saying don't use a delay as always something positive is all. Nothing wrong with a little skepticism. Again the game in question is probably fine regardless anyway.

Daingurse

Oh well. My backlog is enormous anyway, and there's more than enough shit coming out right now. As long as I get my PC Collector's Edition, I'm a happy camper.

I love the original Flying Battery, but this trailer doesn't look like an especially new take on it. After seeing GHZ2, and hearing them talk about how other "remixed" levels would be more drastically different like GHZ2 is, this looks a whole lot like S&K Flying Battery save a few bits.

Rest of the game looks phenomenal, so I'm not losing hope or anything - maybe it's just a bad trailer. You could certainly cut a few bits of GHZ1 in this game that don't look impressive, too.

Yeah. I remember them saying GHZ was the most tame of the remixed levels, and Act 2 alone is already pretty bonkers as is.

That said, I don't doubt the same will hold true for Flying Battery. There's some potential there already what with the Death Egg esque gravity flipping for some silliness.

Top Bottom