• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worms XBLA - first screenshots

Sean

Banned
336871640_7f1e938944_o.jpg

336871636_1814a598c4_o.jpg

336871642_b1d617538a_o.jpg

336871638_95477593d9_o.jpg

Lots more images here.

Can't read the article, maybe someone can translate it. Seems like its up on the debug marketplace though so maybe that means a release very soon...

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
It looks great. They better price it reasonably if they are going to release it in multiple download packs like Lumines.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
looks much better than I expected. Great show Team17! (if they're still the brains behind this)

Juice

Holy shit. This might be my first XBLA purchase.

Well, unless they announce an online Wii version (not happening).

Come to think of it, I'm still pissed the PSP/DS versions weren't online.

Brobzoid

ElectricBlue187 said:
god I hope so, I also hope it's a helluva lot like the best game in the series (Worms Armegeddon)

ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY THAT IT IS QUESTIONABLE THAT IT IS TEAM17 THAT IS WORKING ON THIS??!

My chair fell over in fear now.

Alex

Brobzoid said:
ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY THAT IT IS QUESTIONABLE THAT IT IS TEAM17 THAT IS WORKING ON THIS??!

My chair fell over in fear now.

They're not making it.

I'm making it. Do you like it? I'm so glad.

There's only one problem, when you press start at the main menu, smoke starts to plume out of the 360. I'm hoping to have this bug fixed eventually.

That's totally PSP Worms with highres graphics, including the PSP backgrounds. The weapons set is exactly the same.

With online multiplayer, day 1 purchase.

i'm in. unless it's 1200 points or something asinine like that. it'll be nice to have a new 4-player game now that the MBU DLC was cancelled.

Brobzoid

The lord has returned his light to my residence, and my sight is again clear.

Brobzoid said:
I was rubbing my balls as I franticly hit F5 to get an update on the situation, only to be startled so much by your reply that I may have severed the connecting tube between my right testicle and the rest of me, effectively making me pee my pants. and yet, I don't feel I have found a conclusion to this would-be terrorism.

Please stop violating my fragile little mind with your brutal verbal assault against male genitalia. *gently rubs crotch*

rocksolidaudio said:
i'm in. unless it's 1200 points or something asinine like that. it'll be nice to have a new 4-player game now that the MBU DLC was cancelled.

$15 (1200 points) is fine with me. The PSP version is $20 (launched at more...$40?) and has no online multiplayer.

Brobzoid

Shogmaster said:
Please stop violating my fragile little mind with your brutal verbal assault against male genitalia. *gently rubs crotch*

I was, like you, gently rubbing my genitalia. DO YOU NOT SEE THE SIGNS?

Brobzoid

White Man said:
Looks awesome. Any word on how many players multi will support? I'm guessing only 2, but I can dream.

I heard 4 team multi player, but then I woke up.

Dachande

Better than I expected, so I'm fairly happy. But I'm disappointed it's not based on Worms Armageddon, which is still the pinnacle of the series.

Ah well. Day 1 purchase anyway.

beermonkey@tehbias said:
$15 (1200 points) is fine with me. The PSP version is $20 (launched at more...$40?) and has no online multiplayer.

online multiplayer in an XBL game shouldn't really be considered something we should feel fine paying extra for - it's expected at this point. but yes, i suppose it's an alright deal considering the psp version - it's just frustrating paying that much for something i can't hold in my hand.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Xboxic Article said:
Worms is being tested over in the States, by VMC who do a lot of the XBLA testing - online, XBox guideline stuff, all that.

Well, that explains a lot. :lol

rocksolidaudio said:
online multiplayer in an XBL game shouldn't really be considered something we should feel fine paying extra for - it's expected at this point. but yes, i suppose it's an alright deal considering the psp version - it's just frustrating paying that much for something i can't hold in my hand.

Well, it looks like 800 points anyway, good news.

I mean, you could spend your 800 points on Rally-X and Scramble instead, if you wish.

FightyF

Banned
It's Worms.

In HD.

Playable over Live.

With headsets and full voice comm.

Along with your friends beside you, to complement your friends online.

Wow.

Just, wow.

tsef

Day 1 purchase for me. I only hope that the voice packs will all be there and not sold separately as add-ons (/me need some angry scotts love :p )

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I really really like the engine that Team 17 is using here. Both this and Lemmings PS3 (as well as the two PSP games) just look so good. Can't wait for this.

Top Bottom