• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worms XBLA - first screenshots

MegaTen said:
Looks great. Here's hoping we'll be able to play it within the first quarter of '07..

According to the source it should be out in a couple of weeks exactly. I havent bought an Xbla game since they reemed me with that god awful Pacman. This game on the other hand validates my 360 purchase, and I didnt even see it coming.

First XBLA purchase right here.

Let's hope they don't rape us with microtransactions.

Also, lets hope for a robust singleplayer and map editor a la Armageddon.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
In case nobody read the "article", it mentions Microtransactions being a must due to the size limit of each file.

Evil sinister MS plan all along?

*dun dun duuuun*

R3Z

Blimblim said:
How nice to break the NDA for an exclusivity. I'm sure people at MS will be pleased.

Well it is the first XBLA thing to actually care about in a long while :) XBLA fans are treated with such contempt by MS.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Agent Icebeezy said:
This was NDA'd? We knew this was coming though
You have to get proper authorization from either the developer or the publisher before showing anything you get from the debug marketplace.

andthebeatgoeson

{Mike} said:
Worms HD >>> Worms 2D >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Worms 3D
Isn't that still dependent on how well the rope works? I've yet to play a Worms on a D pad that worked well. Although the only one I can remember was a Dreamcast Worms.

painey

YES! Worms 2 art style! It looks great, I was expecting Worms 1 art.. I would have bought this 100% no doubt but the list of weapons looks pretty paltry and how am I going to rope with a controller?! I will check out the demo but could be close to buying my first MS point

lexi

Banned
Holy shit, Day 1 purchase. Looks incredible in HD, this is one of my most anticipated games for 2007.

pswii60

That looks 1000x better than I ever expected! Kudos to Team 17 - perhaps PSN and XBLA will give Team 17 their long awaited true come-back from the Amiga days.

I didn't like the physics in the PSP version. The explosions didn't feel right and the nades didn't bounce as nice as in Armageddon. Looking at the style of the game, I seems Worms HD will use a lot of the same assets as the PSP version. Let's hope the engine has been reworked.

pswii60

Joe said:
i think this is going to be a new years eve/new years day game surprise xbla game.

Well it is supposed to be 'officially announced' at CES - so everyone is expected a release that Wednesday.

I'm also wondering if they are tieing this is with other XBLA announcements? I want a full release schedule for 2007 damn it!

Busty

Banned
ManaByte said:
I was actually blown away by PS3 Lemmings. This is BOUGHT.

Though Lemmings is a Sony first party game, I wonder if this will ever grace either VC or the PSN ?

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm really interested to see how the whole online downloadable game distribution will work. Does having a game such as this on LIVE mean that it's automatically an exclusive?

In the PS3 Gripshift thread, Mario (IIRC), mentioned that he would be keen to have Gripshift on XBLA but would be prehibited to do so by the download cap. In short, I wonder when we'll see our first third party download game that's available across all three formats?

Or will each download service (XBLA etc) have it's own unique and exclusive content?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
JonathanEx said:
I wouldn't be surprised if their PartnerNet account mysteriously disappeared.
You can create partner.net accounts in about 5 seconds :p
3 french sites broke the NDA yesterday anyway, so...

Dachande

Why are some of you people saying it's the Worms 2/Worms Armageddon artstyle? It's not.

Worms Armageddon:

Worms XBLA:
336871636_1814a598c4_o.jpg

While I'm not too bothered that they're the new PSP sprites, I do think the old WA sprites are better. In the end it doesn't really matter that much though.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
The 2.5d engine that Team17 has been employing for the recent Lemmings and Worms iterations is really sumptuous.

Top Bottom