• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe review thread

Fliesen

I would guess they test digital as "internal" and not on SD.
Which is becoming more and more of a silly benchmark, as internal storage is so limited.

They should either add digital (SD) to their testing suite, or replace digital (internal) with digital (SD) altogether, imho.

i guess SD would end up somewhere between internal and cart, the same it was for Zelda.

My copy from Amazon has just arrived, nghhhhhh

Taking out Zelda from the card slot almost feels evil tho lol

... oh, shit.
But then again, haven't licked that game in a month...

Doubt it, Kamiko releases today and you can't buy it yet.

It's different for "big" titles though. I remenber MH having midnight launches on 3DS while smaller titles were released at the time of the weekly update (sometimes you could buy it hours before, through the search fonction, they were already here)

Fliesen

Sometimes I just hate amazon.de....

There is still hope it arrives in the evening...

haha, same here. I'm always foolish enough to hope they 'break street day' and ship a day early.

Meanwhile, i'd rather never be pleasantly surprised than them outright missing their actual shipping target. Gotta take the bad with the good.

haha, same here. I'm always foolish enough to hope they 'break street day' and ship a day early.

Meanwhile, i'd rather never be pleasantly surprised than them outright missing their actual shipping target. Gotta take the bad with the good.

They used to break the street date way more often in earlier times...but the last few times it never happened

Gonna try Bic Camera tomorrow morning and hope the copies haven't all been snatched up! Internet won't be ready tomorrow after all, but it's all good since I have the cups to 3-star in 150, Mirror, and 200.

It's been a while since I played MK8 and I can't remember: can you and a friend hop into an online game together?

Do you mean in local play? You and a friend can both play online on the same console. As for on separate consoles, I'm not sure. I've only played in "private" lobbies rather than in a "party" playing against randoms.

That was on Wii U though. It may have changed now.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Do you mean in local play? You and a friend can both play online on the same console. As for on separate consoles, I'm not sure. I've only played in "private" lobbies rather than in a "party" playing against randoms.

That was on Wii U though. It may have changed now.

Separate consoles. I don't remember it in the Wii U version but I knew almost no one with a Wii U so I never really even tried.

It's a pretty basic feature of online games so I would hope there's a way where me and a friend can get into a lobby together even if we're not using voice chat.

Separate consoles. I don't remember it in the Wii U version but I knew almost no one with a Wii U so I never really even tried.

It's a pretty basic feature of online games so I would hope there's a way where me and a friend can get into a lobby together even if we're not using voice chat.
If you mean if you can join a friend who is playing online, you can join him

Robin64

Yeah, this can be done. Just have one of you join a Worldwide or Regional lobby, then just have the other join that person.

Been playing this game on my way to University.
And it is so freaking magical to play MK 8 on the go.

Still can't believe how awesome the switch is

SuperSah

Banned
screenshot2017-04-27a4lozz.png

intensifying

spock

My Amazon copy left the carrier facility in nj at like 1am. Now I'm in nh, a few hours a way. Normally if it comes from nj I get it next day. Odds the game is coming early? Or is the package handled differently to ensure it's not delivered early and arrives Friday?

KHlover

Banned
Doubt it, Kamiko releases today and you can't buy it yet.
Digital Download codes on amazon.de release at 2am on the 28th. Not an outright confirmation for a midnight release, but it would be pretty lame if you couldn't use them at the time of your purchase. My money would be on a before-2am-release.

Digital Download codes on amazon.de release at 2am on the 28th. Not an outright confirmation for a midnight release, but it would be pretty lame if you couldn't use them at the time of your purchase. My money would be on a before-2am-release.
Wouldn't be a first for Amazon. I have JP code for MK8D from Amazon.jp since yesterday and the game still isn't available in the eShop.
We will have an idea if the game will unlock at midnight in 4 and half hours when it's midnight in Japan.

FinalAres

How did you buy this?!

So weirdly it doesn't show up on Amazon if you search for it (at least it didn't for me, and I tried lots of combinations of words). But it DOES show up if you google amazon uk Mario Kart Switch code. I was considering getting one for Zelda to save a fiver but didn't want to wait for delivery. I guess the code just shows up though so I needn't have worried?

Robin64

So weirdly it doesn't show up on Amazon if you search for it (at least it didn't for me, and I tried lots of combinations of words). But it DOES show up if you google amazon uk Mario Kart Switch code. I was considering getting one for Zelda to save a fiver but didn't want to wait for delivery. I guess the code just shows up though so I needn't have worried?

Yeah, no delivery, it just appears in the "Yours Games and Software Library" section of your account, like when I ordered Disgaea 5 from Amazon Japan:

ttiWa21.png

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If the Japanese version unlocks at 4pm UK time (midnight japan time) then I might text my kids to redeem the code on the eshop before I get home.

Although I guess it doesn't download while you're playing a game? (They'll be on Zelda as soon as they get home from school)

If the Japanese version unlocks at 4pm UK time (midnight japan time) then I might text my kids to redeem the code on the eshop before I get home.

Although I guess it doesn't download while you're playing a game? (They'll be on Zelda as soon as they get home from school)
Pretty sure it does.

Top Bottom