• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV is getting Afrojack sword with special sound effects

benzopil

Because why not

NxP7jso.jpg

Gematsu info:
The April 27 update for Final Fantasy XV will include the ”Afrosword," a DJ deck-themed weapon that changes the background music to new music from Afrojack when equipped, Square Enix announced.

The Afrosword will be obtainable as a reward to those who complete one of the game's Timed Quests.

I am just not certain what's going on with this game anymore....

What's left to be released? The Prompto DLC and the multiplayer stuff?

They can't honestly be selling incremental copies of the game based on this stuff. How it's being handled post-release is certainly......interesting.

This is pretty funny!

And of course people will nitpick it and complain about it saying that it's dumb and a waste of time. Time to leave the thread.

Munti

I think it's great. A mixing desk as a sword, haha :)

Btw, this weapon was confirmed before the game was released IIRC

Zakalwe

Banned
This is pretty funny!

And of course people will nitpick it and complain about it saying that it's dumb and a waste of time. Time to leave the thread.

Right. People can be so joyless sometimes. It's free and they still complain...

You can fully ignore it if it offends you.

TheCed

I am just not certain what's going on with this game anymore....

What's left to be released? The Prompto DLC and the multiplayer stuff?

They can't honestly be selling incremental copies of the game based on this stuff. How it's being handled post-release is certainly......interesting.

Episode Ignis
and Unnamed episode

Oh and the power rangers suit.

This is pretty funny!

So what ignore function my friend. These threads are great thx to it.

I was wondering where this sword was they showed it off awhile ago. Now where's that square Enix CEO boss fight and prompto dream

I've seen sillier shit.

Is it that hard to ignore things? Honestly, some of you act like it's a personal affront whenever FFXV threads aren't entirely filled with people singing Kumbaya.

LordKasual

Banned
So what ignore function my friend. These threads are great thx to it.

This is the first forum in my life i've ever actually made use of the ignore feature. Shit is crazy.

Anyway, i hope it has some other neat passives aside from music change.

And i hope the future weapons are as cool as Ragnarok without being completely broken lol

JB2448

This wouldn't look out of place in a Saints Row title. I mean, it's free and something new, but doesn't it clash a bit with the atmosphere of the game's world?

Episode Ignis
and Unnamed episode

Oh and the power rangers suit.

So the Prompto one is out?

Totally forgot about the Ignis one. Presumably the unamed one is the mp mode they've been working on?

Such an odd stream of content. I keep meaning to go back, but with the updates that keep coming, I feel like I'm almost better off waiting for the PC version, even if it's another year out.

LordKasual

Banned
This wouldn't look out of place in a Saints Row title. I mean, it's free and something new, but doesn't it clash a bit with the atmosphere of the game's world?

Well it's FF, so there's always content that clashes with the setting

XV's world is modern though, maybe not the rest of Eos but in Insomnia they had arcades and all sorts of stuff. And you run around with an MP3 Player, soooo

Arkeband

Banned
Is it that hard to ignore things? Honestly, some of you act like it's a personal affront whenever FFXV threads aren't entirely filled with people singing Kumbaya.

At least they tell us they're the ones leaving threads now instead of screaming at people to leave the thread.

TBH, the main thing I object to with FFXV's post-launch content is the focus on (needlessly) timed content for a single-player game.

Geg

What exactly are timed quests in FFXV? I haven't payed much attention to the post-release content other than the chocobo festival and episode gladio

Arkeband

Banned
What exactly are timed quests in FFXV? I haven't payed much attention to the postgame content other than the chocobo festival and episode gladio

Hunts that are up for a short period of time, they had 3 or so of them before putting them on hold, but the next patch will resume them. They gave ridiculous AP rewards for very little effort, probably because most end game combat mechanics are locked behind thousands and thousands of AP.

So instead of lowering the grind, they decided to leave it in to encourage people to do things like this to make up the difference.

LordKasual

Banned
TBH, the main thing I object to with FFXV's post-launch content is the focus on (needlessly) timed content for a single-player game.

seeing as these are nothing more than re-tweaked superbosses, i dont believe it takes that many resources to do.

It's just something to hold the playerbase over until new content comes out. The base game already has plenty of difficult dungeons to play, so it's really just bonus content.

I just really wish they would find a way to archive the bosses so you could play them after the period ends with reduced rewards. Some of them are neat, and i'd like to challenge them with restrictions at some point.

Top Bottom