• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV is getting Afrojack sword with special sound effects

TheCed

So the Prompto one is out?

Totally forgot about the Ignis one. Presumably the unamed one is the mp mode they've been working on?

Such an odd stream of content. I keep meaning to go back, but with the updates that keep coming, I feel like I'm almost better off waiting for the PC version, even if it's another year out.

The Episode Prompto is not out yet.
I only wanted to name those that you didn't name. I don't know if the Unnamed DLC is related to the multiplayer DLC. I'm not really up to date with the announcements anymore.

Squire

Banned
The game is starting to be symbolic of trying to figure out what the kids are into these days and missing the mark every. Single. Time.

I say again: Stop wasting time on this bullshit.

Zakalwe

Banned
The game is starting to be symbolic of trying to figure out what the kids are into these days and missing the mark every. Single. Time.

I say again: Stop wasting time on this bullshit.

Dumb post. Please don't try to command others what to enjoy.

mike6467

I mean, FFXIV had that cross over with Yo Kai. I thought that was a little weirder then this. Not going to complain, I'd say I hope this doesn't take off, but if it's all optional and doesn't affect the core game I'm not sure I can object too much

pantsmith

Ah yes, the legendary swords of Final Fantasy.

Excalibur, Masamune, Save the Queen, Zantetsuken, Ragnarok, Ultima Weapon, Lion Heart, and of course #afroblade.

Arkeband

Banned
If they made reskin of the Shuriken weapon where you're throwing American Express credit cards, there would still be people going "ITS FREE AND ALSO I LIKE IT SO IT CAN'T BE DUMB".

Zakalwe

Banned
Please learn to interpret posts. I'm talking about the dev team. I already know your taste is far beyond saving, don't worry.

Point stands, please don't put your opinion on others like this.

And there's no need to double-down on and insult me further with a total shit post...

Ah yes, the legendary swords of Final Fantasy.

Excalibur, Masamune, Save the Queen, Zantetsuken, Ragnarok, Ultima Weapon, Lion Heart, and of course #afroblade.

Better or worse, from now on it's been added to the list.

Squire

Banned
Point stands, please don't put your opinion on others like this.

And there's no need to double-down on and insult me further with a total shit post...

No, the point doesn't stand. Seriously, what are you talking about? You know not everyone is obligated to pretend they like this desperate, out-of-touch bullshit, yeah?

I'm not pushing my opinion on anyone, I'm posting it as part of an ongoing discussion, which you seem to be trying to police, ironically.

jennetics

I'm all for funny/interesting DLC but the design of that just looks kinda lame. Like, I almost wish it was even goofier and more out-of-place, but I'm having a hard time explaining how.

Either way, free DLC is good DLC. New Game+ has been pretty fun for me so far and I'm just about to hit chapter 13. Excited to see how it has changed!

haha, pretty much every FFXV thread ends up like this, usually the same people that are defending/hating the game turning the thread into shit.
I'm not even mad at the usual suspects mad at ppl that like it keep falling for it lol. Why let them ruin a thread for u? All I see are a bunch of grey boxes(ignored)

Zakalwe

Banned
No, the point doesn't stand. Seriously, what are you talking about? You know not everyone is obligated to pretend they like this desperate, out-of-touch bullshit, yeah?

I'm not pushing my opinion on anyone, I'm posting it as part of an ongoing discussion, which you seem to be trying to police, ironically.

It stands.

It's not "missing the mark every single time", as that's entirely subjective. Plenty of us are enjoying this free content.

I'm just tired of people shitting on this game and telling everyone else how bad it is. If you're happy with your posts ITT I won't say anything else to try to persuade you and I'll try to ignore posts like that in future.

haha, pretty much every FFXV thread ends up like this, usually the same people that are defending/hating the game turning the thread into shit.

Y'all really don't have to turn every thread into this man it's a shame

Apologies for my part in this, it gets really tiring reading people making dumb statements about something that's incredibly subjective. Makes this place quite unpleasant sometimes.

I'll try my best to avoid contributing to it in future.

Conversely, does every FFXV thread have to devolve into some shit meta-commentary? You have an ignore function so use it and make life somewhat better for yourself. You practically invite this on yourself every time a FFXV thread starts off with a few people making one short comment about the content before decrying that the thread will inevitably turn to shit. Ignore the people you don't want to see and move the fuck on. Why acknowledge things that you're purportedly trying to avoid?

Back on topic, I feel FFXV may as well revel in some silliness. I'll give the team the benefit of the doubt and presume that the vast bulk of their members are working on the actual substantive content and that something like this probably only needs maybe two guys to quickly churn out.

Arkeband

Banned
I'm not even mad at the usual suspects mad at ppl that like it keep falling for it lol. Why let them ruin a thread for u? All I see are a bunch of grey boxes(ignored)

I can't tell what's sadder - feeling the need to put people on ignore for having different opinions of FFXV, or feeling the need to let people know about the existence of your 'FFXV Haterz' ignore list in every FFXV thread.

Zakalwe

Banned
Conversely, does every FFXV thread have to devolve into some shit meta-commentary? You have an ignore function so use it and make life somewhat better for yourself. You practically invite this on yourself every time a FFXV thread starts off with a few people making one short comment about the content before decrying that the thread will inevitably turn to shit. Ignore the people you don't want to see and move the fuck on. Why acknowledge things that you're purportedly trying to avoid?

For the same reason you're commenting I guess.

I laughed, it looks like the team's having fun (and money).

Indeed. This is a free update that looks pretty fun. I'm really looking forward to buying the game again in a few months and playing with all this new content. :)

I can't tell what's sadder - feeling the need to put people on ignore for having different opinions of FFXV, or feeling the need to let people know about the existence of your 'FFXV Haterz' ignore list in every FFXV thread.
It's a function on a website that's what it's there for. This comment is pretty sad tho thx for that
Idk why u aren't there actually

JayEH

Lol you totally are missing the point.

TheCed

"The Afrosword will be obtainable as a reward to those who complete one of the game’s Timed Quests."

I'm really not a fan of that in a single player game.
Hopefully it does not become a thing for other games.

Zakalwe

Banned
"The Afrosword will be obtainable as a reward to those who complete one of the game’s Timed Quests."

I'm really not a fan of that in a single player game.
Hopefully it does not become a thing for other games.

Damn, that didn't click when I read it. I think I'll miss it then as I don't plan to buy this again until all the content is out.

Boo! :(

butman

1596.gif

LordKasual

Banned
I'd feel bad though. I always feel horrible even thinking about it. Its like silencing someone's opinion whose thoughts may help in the future.

I'm just a big chicken.

sometimes we just need to accept that some opinions aren't worth listening to. it actively hinders the discussion with the same tired 2 or 3 points and nothing is gained for it

- omg just do XVI already

- too bad they can't fix the [story / combat]

- whats even the point of [bonus content]

every. single. thread.

Squire

Banned
sometimes we just need to accept that some opinions aren't worth listening to. it actively hinders the discussion with the same tired 2 or 3 points and nothing is gained for it

- omg just do XVI already

- too bad they can't fix the [story / combat]

- whats even the point of [bonus content]

every. single. thread.

It's almost like the game is a mixed bag at the absolute best.

Top Bottom