• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miitopia comes out July 28 in NA

4c1c5a7a49072f0774dafd1bcf3dc5e9.png

Sneakily confirmed in the New 2DS XL reveal trailer which I still haven't processed yet.

Same day as both Hey! Pikmin and the N2DSXL (blimey) proper.

For comparison, the other 3DS games already-released in the trailer (Pokemon S/M, Super Mario Maker) had no date under them, while FE Echoes said "coming May 19th".

UPDATE: Just got 100% confirmed by Nintendo's PR.

On July 28, New Nintendo 2DS XL makes its debut in the United States at a suggested retail price of $149.99. The New Nintendo 2DS XL system gives consumers a third choice of hand-held systems, one that offers pricing and features that fit between the Nintendo 2DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL systems. New Nintendo 2DS XL will launch on the same day as two big new games for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems: Hey! PIKMIN and Miitopia.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170427007040/en/

lutheran

Jesus so much for concentrating on the Switch going forward. Like I said a while back Nintendo is going to be energized by how well the Switch is already selling and they will seek to have 2 separate consoles available for the long haul. Meaning a real follow-up to the 3DS that ISN'T a Switch derivative. I truly hope I am wrong..

vareon

Sneak announcement in a sneak announcement. Nintendo being the Nintendiest of Nintendos.

On a serious note, Miitopia sounds like a much better game when my 3DS community is much more active. Not much playing now, it's a bit sad seeing their Miis being idle.

Jesus so much for concentrating on the Switch going forward. Like I said a while back Nintendo is going to be energized by how well the Switch is already selling and they will seek to have 2 separate consoles available for the long haul. Meaning a real follow-up to the 3DS that ISN'T a Switch derivative. I truly hope I am wrong..

To be fair the game has been out in Japan since December. Nintendo handhelds having momentum during the transition to the next system pretty much always happens. Considering the timing of this, Pikmin, and the N2DSXL (hehe) itself, they're probably just positioning it as a cheaper, kid-friendly alternative to the Switch, and throwing a bone to all the 3DS owners who aren't completely ready to jump ship yet.

Who's the developer on this?

EPD Group 6 according to Shikamaru Ninja's Nintendo first-party thread:

Nintendo EPD Production Group No. 6
Manager / Producer - Kouichi Kawamoto
Sub Manager / Co-Producer - Takayuki Shimamura
History - Brain Age, Wii Sports, AR Games, Rusty's Real Deal Baseball
Current: - Miitopia and 1-2 Switch

NoKisum

YES! I totally thought this was somehow gonna be a Q4 game
(I didn't think this game was even coming over in the first place)

I'm surprisingly incredibly excited for this game. Day 1.

Top Bottom