• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europe Monthly Charts - July 2023: #1 PS5 (+244%), #2 NSW (-9%), #3 XBS (???%)

Vgchartz sell through estimates for July and YTD January to July. Vgchartz are more accurate these days, they don't put out their estimates until they have the monthly hardware data from GSD.

July 2023

PS5: 507K
NSW: 223K
XBS: 138K

January to July 2023

PS5: 3.17M
NSW: 2.06M
XBS: 0.89M

Last edited:

Woopah

Vgchartz sell through estimates for July and YTD January to July. Vgchartz are more accurate these days, they don't put out their estimates until they have the monthly hardware data from GSD.

July 2023

January to July 2023

PS5 selling twice as much in Europe as the US shows how effective the price promotions were.

zedinen

VGChartz data is inaccurate and worthless.

AVyRhEo.jpg

Tsaki

I agree ahead of the PS4 behind the PS2.

It has a shot at PS2 numbers but the gen needs to be 7 years plus and Sony needs to keep the pace of bangers.
In my opinion PS6 is a 2028 console. Node advancements have slowed down and become exponentially more expensive. Add to that COVID delays for hardware and software and PS5 Pro coming 4 years after the original (whereas PS4 Pro came 3 years after), this will be a longer generation. I still don't think it will reach PS2 even after that. That console was dirt cheap, a price tag PS5 will be physically impossible to achieve.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
In my opinion PS6 is a 2028 console. Node advancements have slowed down and become exponentially more expensive. Add to that COVID delays for hardware and software and PS5 Pro coming 4 years after the original (whereas PS4 Pro came 3 years after), this will be a longer generation. I still don't think it will reach PS2 even after that. That console was dirt cheap, a price tag PS5 will be physically impossible to achieve.

The cheapest the PS5 will ever be would be $299. So yeah, you're pretty much right. The ceiling for the PS5 is probably about 130 million consoles sold.

Sanepar

July 2023

January to July 2023

Super accurate. Ps5 sells every month triple xbox. But the gap stays the same.

They overestimate xbox total every year and never adjust ps5 even with sony numbers out. So no.

Super accurate. Ps5 sells every month triple xbox. But the gap stays the same.

They overestimate xbox total every year and never adjust ps5 even with sony numbers out. So no.
Sell through versus shipped, they have sell through around 2 million less than shipped which lines up with Sony's report. Sony reported 40 million sold through as of July 16th and 41.7 million shipped as of June 30th.

zedinen

Unless Greenie retweets them.
200.gif

He knows that VGC tends to overestimate Xbox sales

1.According to VGC, PS5 is outselling X|S by 3.5:1 in Europe

January to July 2023

2.According to GfK and GSD, Xbox sales have collapsed in Europe

Germay YTD: Hardware

10:1

36oKdiu.jpg