• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This weeks JAPANESE magazine news

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Grivenger said:
It's all fan-service. Square knows the impact Shiva has on the male FF fanbase, so they are giving them the option to ride her. (Jk)
I tell you, the bike's seat will be her butt...
Take that, virginity!

I bet the summons all act as vehicles/mounts, which would explain the logo with the character riding the dragon/unicorn/whatever.

In the interviews it's mentioned that they hope to have a playable demo of FF13 later this year, and they hope to have actual game footage of Versus & Agito to show by the end of this year as well.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Bizarro Sun Yat-sen said:
I bet the summons all act as vehicles/mounts, which would explain the logo with the character riding the dragon/unicorn/whatever.

In the interviews it's mentioned that they hope to have a playable demo of FF13 later this year, and they hope to have actual game footage of Versus & Agito to show by the end of this year as well.
Meaning don't expect these games to come out this year. ESPECIALLY in English.

duckroll

I didn't want to post these because these are really pretty horrible. But there are no better versions yet. Maybe Jonnyram can save us... anyway...

Baroque

Deltora Quest DS

jj984jj

duckroll said:
I didn't want to post these because these are really pretty horrible. But there are no better versions yet. Maybe Jonnyram can save us... anyway...

Baroque

Deltora Quest DS

Baroque is 3D (maybe we can get it after all?) and Deltora Quest looks nothing like the anime. :D

ethelred

Damn, Deltora Quest looks very nice (at least, going by the really tiny scan)... between this and Contact, I'm starting to get a real appreciation for Audio's abilities to get really stylish, colorful, attractive looking 2D stuff on the DS.

And Baroque... damn. ****ing excellent. May not be the most technically impressive game, but art style > the technical details, and Sting's a master at the art. Gorgeous. Hopefully Atlus or NISA or someone will take a chance on this one, despite the unlikelihood of more PS2 RPGs getting released in the US that late in 2007...

PC Gaijin

Is that a remake or sequel to Baroque? Never got into the first one, it chugged a bit on Saturn although maybe the Playstation version ran better.

Lobster

Banned
jj984jj said:
Baroque is 3D (maybe we can get it after all?) and Deltora Quest looks nothing like the anime. :D

Theres a Deltora Quest anime??? What came first..book or anime..? I hope it followes the book.

Defuser

Grivenger said:
It's all fan-service. Square knows the impact Shiva has on the male FF fanbase, so they are giving them the option to ride her. (Jk)
I tell you, the bike's seat will be her butt...
Yeah,nothing beats traveling to some continent watching some male character humping the bike throughout the trip...oh yeah...

Troidal

OH GOD that Baroque game looks horrible. Even the character art is like cheap doujinshi :-/

The Saturn/PS version may have looked like crap, but it at least had better art design. This new one just looks like a cheap knockoff of its former self....so sad to see this fugliness...

duckroll

The Take Out Bandit said:
Wait - where are the new PS2 musou images?

There are no images, there's no title either. It's a two page ad spread hyping the game. Just like when Gundam Musou was just a logo.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
FE looks like a straight Cube port. I could always use some more Fire Emblem though. Sothe is finally useful! :lol

duckroll

Troidal said:
OH GOD that Baroque game looks horrible. Even the character art is like cheap doujinshi :-/

The Saturn/PS version may have looked like crap, but it at least had better art design. This new one just looks like a cheap knockoff of its former self....so sad to see this fugliness...

Erm, are you sure you remember the same Baroque? :p

player1.gif
player3.gif
player2.gif

Meier

RW looks amazing... can't wait. Mario Party 8 looks like a decent step-up from 7 in the graphics department -- looking forward to giving it a shot.

jj984jj

HoM & FFXII:RW look awesome. Why do they keep mixing SD3 photos in HoM though?

TreIII

jj984jj said:
HoM & FFXII:RW look awesome. Why do they keep mixing SD3 photos in HoM though?

Well, at least this time, some of these photos were just used to explain some of the things that we're going to see in Heroes of Mana. I've heard Heroes being described as taking place before SD3, after SD3, going to involve a time travel plot and all that other kind of jazz. So who knows what's exactly up with that. All we know is that SD3 is integral to the story of HoM, so these pictures are used to try and explain some of that relationship.

...Now, where or not SE has of yet to surrpise any of us with such news like "SD3 will be unlockable in Heroes of Mana!" or even something like "SD3 will get a GBA port! Get that too in order to unlock more goodies in Heroes!" has yet to be told. But something tells me that SE doesn't love us enough for any of that to happen.

ethelred

TreIII said:
Well, at least this time, some of these photos were just used to explain some of the things that we're going to see in Heroes of Mana. I've heard Heroes being described as taking place before SD3, after SD3, going to involve a time travel plot and all that other kind of jazz. So who knows what's exactly up with that. All we know is that SD3 is integral to the story of HoM, so these pictures are used to try and explain some of that relationship.

...Now, where or not SE has of yet to surrpise any of us with such news like "SD3 will be unlockable in Heroes of Mana!" or even something like "SD3 will get a GBA port! Get that too in order to unlock more goodies in Heroes!" has yet to be told. But something tells me that SE doesn't love us enough for any of that to happen.

Right, which is kinda lame. Ivalice Alliance involved a port of FFT... Valkyrie Profile's sequel involved getting a port of the original to do a branding. It's kinda silly how they haven't done any porting of SD2 and 3 for World of Mana.

Oh, well. We're getting a new game that looks awesome, and that's better anyway.

And FFXII: RW looks great.

charlequin said:
Rogue Tomato playable in FF12:RW?! :O

WINNER.

I'm glad they're not just doing a straight carryover of the FFXII gameplay systems, but instead they're tweaking and (if we dare to hope) improving things. Adding in touch screen movement controls should be fantastic, making more PCs and monsters on the field at one time is great, and I really like what they seem to be doing with summoning and controlling monsters.

Jammy

Banned
Fire Emblem doesn't look all that great/different to me, but Fire Emblem has always been a top-notch series, so I'm excited for it. As long as the game is good, I don't mind, but I really think they should add more cinematic experiences and different gameplay ideas to the mix. Nintendo could make this series so much more popular than it is...

Mario Party 8 on the other hand I'm liking for the exact opposite reason. I'm seeing brand new mini-games in the screenshots shown and I'm also thinking how wonderfully wacky this game could be with the possibilities of the Wii.

dili

OMG those FFXIII versus scans are sex <3

FFXIII scans are good too. Sounds odd about shiva turning into a bike :/

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Lightning is my favorite Nomura design.

Holy shit.

yeah, I was skeptical for a little while of a female lead...but now I def want her to be the main character. She looks far more capable than vaan, zidane, or tidus (none of which I minded at all by the way)

peace

Srider

Banned
FF13 Versus looks like it's going to be DMC + Shinobi style action game.

I can't wait to see more, the style is wayyy cool.

Top Bottom