• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did I miss something?

Nameless

There seems to be two or three video game sites that are automatically censored on GAF. There has been reference made to these sites in the past, in relation to certain newstories or interviews, but I must have missed the memo as to why these sites are now censored.

Did they threaten GAF after their content was posted here? Did the head of the sites and a few writers jump Wasabi at a bar? Did they send White Man a Dawson's Creek soundtrack and Superman Returns HD-DVD for Christmas? Did they pirate 500 copies each of Company of Heroes and mail them out to site members, pissing Bish of big time? For goodness' sake, are they run by Drinky Crow, MAF, & Olimario?

I'm not big a reader of any of the sites question, just a curious muddasucka.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
People posted dumb stories that were linked from joyst iq and kotak u and some other sites

Tieno

It doesn't really do anything, cause people write around and still keep posting those stories.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
platypotamus said:
On a totally unrelated note, what is the story behind that avatar of yours, Nameless? I've been wondering about it for ages.

Looks like the dude from the 1Up Metreon PS3 line video, who said, "This is America!" or somesuch. Of course, I could be doing a gaf meme mashup in my brain.

castle007

Banned
platypotamus said:
On a totally unrelated note, what is the story behind that avatar of yours, Nameless? I've been wondering about it for ages.

isn't it from that leprechaun video??

edit: nope. Nevermind. I was thinking of another GIF

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
PhoenixDark said:
Which makes no sense considering how huge GAF is. GAF isn't competing with anyone for hits, which makes this even more baffling.

Elitism due to quality is a lot different than exclusivity due to size. Look at SomethingAwful; the culture of the forums are that they are better because in a lot of ways they ARE better than the vast majority of forums due to the fact that they keep a real tight rein on stupidity.

And yet they have 90,000 members, eclipsing GAF (which is in and of itself a large community).

Stumpokapow said:
Elitism due to quality is a lot different than exclusivity due to size. Look at SomethingAwful; the culture of the forums are that they are better because in a lot of ways they ARE better than the vast majority of forums due to the fact that they keep a real tight rein on stupidity.

And yet they have 90,000 members, eclipsing GAF (which is in and of itself a large community).

This seems to be about size to me. There are alpha fanboys on GameFAQs and there are appha fanboys on GAF. Although GameFAQs...lol

Top Bottom