• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite fighting game character

LakeEarth

intheinbetween said:
1st.- Ryu (first appearance Street Fighter)

2nd.- Terry Bogard (first appearance Fatal Fury)
3rd.- Ken (first appearance Street Fighter II)

old school baby!

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!!!

fernoca

0205_kitana_mortalkombat.jpg

intheinbetween said:
1st.- Ryu (first appearance Street Fighter)

2nd.- Terry Bogard (first appearance Fatal Fury)
3rd.- Ken (first appearance Street Fighter II)

old school baby!

Ken's first appearance was Street Fighter just like Ryu. Press start on the 2P side and behold: Ken
sfus0028.png

scarybore

Hitomi from the Dead or Alive series. She's hot and it just so happens that she is my best female character as well. I like the fact she doesn't have that typical Japanese/Anime almost mute style personality like Kasumi and Ayane have. I seriously think those two are only so popular over there because they seem the type who wouldn't "resist", if you catch my drift. Can't stand em.

On that note, the images that pop up when looking for Hitomi DOA on google are quite colourful.

Other worthy mentions would be Elliot from Dead or Alive, Ivy and Siegfried from Soul Calibur, Akira and Sarah from Virtua Fighter, Ken and Dan from Street Fighter, Mai from King of Fighters and Ness from Smash Bros.

Zoramon089 said:
Oh god...I can't be the only one who hate all the SF art before 3 and Alpha...
Alpha 3's art was bad, Alpha 1 and Alpha 2 had good art (but Ryu and Ken were too baby-ishy boyish in Alphas)
SF2 and Super SF2 was great, Ken and Ryu looked like "men" and not "boys"

SF3 has the best art, Ryu and Ken in their mid 30s looking awesome

i hated the VS series for recylcing white bandanna Ryu from the Alphas

Dali

gutter_trash said:
Alpha 3's art was bad, Alpha 1 and Alpha 2 had good art (but Ryu and Ken were too baby-ishy boyish in Alphas)
SF2 and Super SF2 was great, Ken and Ryu looked like "men" and not "boys"

SF3 has the best art, Ryu and Ken in their mid 30s looking awesome

i hated the VS series for recylcing white bandanna Ryu from the Alphas

The Alphas were supposed to have taken place before SF2, hence the young Ryu and Ken (and the presence of Guile's war-buddy Charlie).

XiaNaphryz said:

That's a pretty cool pic. Is that fan-art?

Streaks

dont post much but i had to show some love for my characters since they seem to be neglected here

Seung Mina from SC2

mina.jpg

Kyosuke from Project Justice/Rival Schools

tn_kyosuke.jpg

Leon from DOA4
(couldnt find a normal turban outfit =( well atleast any quality one)
dead-or-alive-ultimate-20041028062300027.jpg

Oneself

GLACIUS
ki2_glab.jpg

FULGORE
fulgore.GIF

Cinder
Hwoarang
Jin
Scorpion (MK2 - UMK3)
Sub-Zero (MK2 - UMK3)
Jago
Ken
Ryu
Akira (even though I can't do shit with him)

Karakand

Pacman2k said:
How dare all of you for missing this one.

P_yamazaki01.jpg

Yamazaki is the shit. SNK has come up with some really rad characters along the way.

scissorfight said:
Ukyo Tachibana - Samurai Shodown

Dying from TB and still bad enough to kick your ass and get the women.
ukyo5ny.gif

1047701468entssiukyo0js.gif

Another awesome SNK guy. Blood-cough = GRAVITAS.

Deathcraze said:

Hitomi from the Dead or Alive series. She's hot and it just so happens that she is my best female character as well. I like the fact she doesn't have that typical Japanese/Anime almost mute style personality like Kasumi and Ayane have. I seriously think those two are only so popular over there because they seem the type who wouldn't "resist", if you catch my drift. Can't stand em.

untitled0vk.jpg

She's also my favorite in DOA. Even though I don't really like Ayane that much she's quite different then Kasumi and has a bit of attitude / rudeness to her if see what she says.

Capo

Yugo the Wolf - Bloody Roar
Bloodyroarextremeyugo_screen039-1-1.jpg

Fox McCloud - Smash Bros
fox4pc.jpg

Guile - Street Fighter
Streetfighter_guile_illust.png

Ken - Street Fighter (Runner Up)
Ken_3.jpg

Ryu Hayabusa - DOA & Ninja Gaiden
426px-RyuHayabusa.jpg

First Hokage - Naruto: Narutimate Hero 3
Naruto_shodaime0002.jpg

Arcueid - Melty Blood
Arcueid.jpg

Wang-Tang - Power Stone
wantanp2.jpg
C_3_tvnews_11149_altre_fotorete_foto_1_af_tvnewsimage.jpg

Probably more to come. :)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Bryan fury is such a bad ass character. I never got good with him so i never use him, but i love his character. His laugh is awesome.

cvxfreak

300px-Yoko_Suzuki.jpg

Yoko Suzuki - from Resident Evil Outbreak + Resident Evil Outbreak File #2

I like the fact she's just an ordinary, non-overblown female character with realistic limitations. I also think her subtle story's pretty damn interesting, myself.

cvxfreak said:
Yoko Suzuki - from Resident Evil Outbreak + Resident Evil Outbreak File #2

I like the fact she's just an ordinary, non-overblown female character with realistic limitations. I also think her subtle story's pretty damn interesting, myself.
What fighting game is she in...

Dali

MickeyKnox said:
Tell me you edited him in...
I could have sworn I didn't see him there when I first read the thread...

Only thing I edited was a few grammar errors after I first opened the thread (check the edit date/time). Imageshack may be loading the image slow. I thought you were borrowing my thoughts with the 'punishing moves' comment, but I guess you just missed it.

consoul

Li Long.

Final Battle.
*defeats Soul Edge*
You Win!
Li Long: "Ugh!"
*collapses and dies*
[cut to pregnant wife yearning for his return]

Nunchuk badass with tragic ending. Quality.

Dali

Mitsurugi's ending is pretty tragic most of the time. I had to play through 3 times before I knew how to dodge the damn bullets. And then it took another time to do it successfully. So yeah more often than not his ending is him dying by a gunshot, which signifies the end of the samurai. Pretty tragic.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Quellex said:

There can only be one I've done so much destruction using Mitsu I have to get props to the one I owned with the most.

Other worthy mentions

Tina (DOA)
Magneto
Guile
Ryu
Voldo
Cervantes
Rachel (NG)

Deathcraze said:

On that note, the images that pop up when looking for Hitomi DOA on google are quite colourful.

Other worthy mentions would be Elliot from Dead or Alive, Ivy and Siegfried from Soul Calibur, Akira and Sarah from Virtua Fighter, Ken and Dan from Street Fighter, Mai from King of Fighters and Ness from Smash Bros.
Hitomi is a good fighter to play as but since she was never in doa2 my interest stays with the fast fighting Ayane :D

I love Ayane's attitude etc.

Lazy Z

I never did like originality.

Ryu2.jpg

Ryu

bio.gif

Scorpion

iori_yagami_avatar_dpcland.jpg

Iori Yagami

200px-3S_Alex.jpg

Alex from SF3

morrigan-taunt.gif

Morrigan from Darkstalkers, surprised nobody has mentioned her yet (if you did, I missed it, sorry)

3samurai_shodown-samurai_shodown4_galford-thumb.gif

Galford from Samurai Shodown. I was a Galford player from 1-3, but switched to Ukyo for 4.

Shouta

Kyoko and Hideo from Rival Schools
Karin from Street Fighter Alpha 3
Dudley from Street Fighter 3
Joe, Andy, and Terry from Fatal Fury
Mature from King of Fighters
Shiki and Charlotte from Samurai Showdown
Setsuna from Last Blade

Top Bottom