• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alyson Court won't be Claire Redfield voice in Resident Evil 2 Remake

Takao

Banned
Isn't this because of the SAG AFTRA strike? I think this is beyond their control.

Alyson lives in Toronto, Canada. She might be a part of SAG, but I think it's likelier she's part of ACTRA, which isn't on strike. Capcom just doesn't do VA recording in Canada anymore. Pretty much all of their recent games have been done in Los Angeles.

edit: Watching the video, and yeah, that's pretty much what happened. Contract went to an LA studio, who's doing it on the cheap with non-union VAs.

RedBoot

Bleh. I can understand RE Revelations 2 since it was a smaller game (understand, but not that I agree with it), but I would have figured Capcom would make sure to get the voices for this one. Almost makes me wonder if this game isn't as "high priority" as RE7, RE7 DLC, and any potential RE8.

Not that we haven't had to endure recasting for damn everybody in RE games over the years anyway.

Giolon

Isn't this because of the SAG AFTRA strike? I think this is beyond their control.

Her video is titled "Performance Matters" which has been the slogan of the strike all along so I think so mostly likely.

She also confirms in the video they went non-union.

Sucks. I always appreciated that even when they took the series mostly to LA, they still bothered to get her and Sally Cahill back. It was a lot of effort that they didn't need to do, but showed they cared. I really like her as an actress too so it's a real shame.

Sad, but what about Leon?!

Probably gonna be Matt Mercer, his VA since 6.

Finaika

Jubilee-Jubilation-Lee-gifs-X-Men-The-Animated-Series-x-men-40368498-245-245.gif

She will always be Lunette the Clown to me.

She'll always be Jubilee to me. I do remember she was voice acting as a kid during the 80s, and was, like, in some of the Care Bears movies, the Madballs movie (Escape from Orb), and did voices for The New Archies and played Lydia in the Beetlejuice cartoon. Also remember she was the sister in the live action My Pet Monster movie (which I always remembered the main kid's real name was Sunny Thrasher, something you'd expect from a Hair Metal frontman).

Xpliskin

"Leon !"

You just heard this using alyson's voice

I'm kinda pissed, fuck this.

Like why not a big va reunion for the remake.

She'll always be Jubilee to me. I do remember she was voice acting as a kid during the 80s, and was, like, in some of the Care Bears movies, the Madballs movie (Escape from Orb), and did voices for The New Archies and played Lydia in the Beetlejuice cartoon. Also remember she was the sister in the live action My Pet Monster movie (which I always remembered the main kid's real name was Sunny Thrasher, something you'd expect from a Hair Metal frontman).

Yeah, if you watched stuff made in Toronto in the 80s/90s, you knew who she was. She was so cool.

She will always be Lunette the Clown to me.

A-men!

KDC720

Sad but expected at this point honestly. I imagine Matt Mercer will be Leon and Claire's Rev 2 VA will voice her.

Of all the original Resident Evil VA's, Alyson was kept around the longest which is probably why her absence is jarring.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I mean, she didn't voice Claire in Revelations 2 and none of the voice actors returned for the original REmake either, so not that surprising.

(also the game maybe hasn't been at a point for voice acting yet anyways.)

anaron

Yet again, fuck you Capcom. She was the longest running Resident Evil voiced character and that made Claire really special.

KyleCross

Capcom just does NOT give a fuck about voice talent. Just look at the Resident Evil voice cast. Most major characters have had 4+ different actors throughout the series. We also know from various interviews and comments that this is out of most of the voice actors hands and they had and still do want to return to their roles if given the chance.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Ok. Sucks that she's not Claire but this is some new news we've been lacking from Capcom directly. Seems the VA and mo-cap work is done already. The game must be a good ways into development.

Here's hoping whenever it's revealed fully, it's a quick turn around to release. Both RE7 and 6 were announced just a couple of months before they got released, hoping the trend continues here.

TyrantII

That LA localization company can fuck right off.

Now I'm not totally invested in her getting the part again, but the above has me worried about the project.

Going non union and some cheap as localization company that thinks that's fine doesn't show much understanding of what this project should be.

will0wis

Bad for the fans who liked her. I'm largely indifferent to this but if Ali Hillis is going to be Claire's VA now, that's sad. I haven't played Rev 2 but at this point I can't seriously listen to Ali Hillis' voice after years of Lightning and Liara without being at least a little bit annoyed.

However, to be honest, the piece of information that caught my attention here is that REmake 2 really exists and is likely being localized right now. Maybe we will see something, at least some images, before the year ends?

Zubz

Banned
I hope this lights a fire regarding the SAG AFTRA strike. This is the 2nd "major character losing a VA" thread I've seen today.

Top Bottom