• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War has hi-octane sales in Japan

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
2007-01-20-400.JPG

2007-01-20-401.JPG

2007-01-20-403.JPG

2007-01-20-404.JPG

2007-01-20-405.JPG

some japanese blog

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
"hi-octane" sales compared to other 360 titles in japan, or "hi-octane" sales compared to overall games in japan?

sorry i had to. :x

gbovo

It's a 'Z' rated game (in Japan) which kinda equates to an 'AO' rated game in the US, meaning, it ain't gonna sell squat (compared to the US release)
great game though

JB1981

does the game have all the violence in-tact?

the japanese are feeling online gaming baby. they just needed lost planet to break them in.

painey

hi-octane as in the store ordered 5 and they are all gone, or the store ordered 100 and they went within hours?

SumGamer

Cant find the part they mention about 1 million unit sells. The only one that talk about the sells refer to US sells. Or Google translator is fooling me.

Jonnyram

So it sold out at one store in Osaka... so did EDF3 when that came out (you can see the pic on the same page). It's to be taken with a pinch of salt. However, I have read that GoW is selling surprisingly well (for a 360 game) and should pass 30k for the first week.

I was going to post about this in the media create thread, but here seems highly appropriate... GOW is sold out in every Osaka game shop that I've been to in the past few days. The only copy I found was used, and they whacked an extra 2000yen ($20) onto the retail price!

marvelharvey said:
I was going to post about this in the media create thread, but here seems highly appropriate... GOW is sold out in every Osaka game shop that I've been to in the past few days. The only copy I found was used, and they whacked an extra 2000yen ($20) onto the retail price!

Wow, twilight zone.. I doubt it'll last though..

clashfan

marvelharvey said:

I wonder if Gears can outsell Blue Dragon?

Brimstone

usea said:

Ironicaly, I think Ghost in the Shell for now is exclusive to HD-DVD. Bandai stated in a press release iHD as one of the reasons for supporting HD-DVD. Sony and the Blu-Ray group made a big mistake not supporting this technology.

SPEA

marvelharvey said:
whaaaaaa?

DreamMachine said:
Wow, twilight zone.. I doubt it'll last though..
Well, popular 360 games usually sell out super quick, not due to their popularity though, due to the retailer only ordering in one copy. I doubt Gears will be lighting up the chart.

lupin23rd

Do we have photo / video evidence that Japanese people are even buying 360s and 360 games?

Do any of you know how many English teachers there are in Japan?

m

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So was it censored after all?

Another interesting numbers thread would be how many people imported Gears instead of waiting this long.

Odysseus

Banned
lupin23rd said:
Do we have photo / video evidence that Japanese people are even buying 360s and 360 games?

Do any of you know how many English teachers there are in Japan?

m

we already have one gahiggidy

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
JB1981 said:
how come you don't play Resistance with the GAF clan?

I've never been to much of a FPS online guy. Racing and sports games are great, but FPS online? Not saying it's bad or anything. I might do it one day. :)

Brimstone

Battersea Power Station said:
What does news have to do with Michael Mann and Jamie Foxx?

Cleary if a Gears of War movie is made there is only one director capable of doing the game justice and that is Michael Mann. It would sort of be a futuristic "Last of Mohicans" with space marines and some shootouts on the level of "Heat" and "Collateral". Jamie Foxx would play "Augustus Cole".

tnw

Banned
Thought I'd help with language

The taped on sign says 'sold out' (while the little red circle of the orginal sign says 'limited edition version')

2007-01-20-400.JPG

This is the power of next generation gaming (machine)! Marvelous graphics! Battlefield reality!

-I can never go back to past gaming systems again-

2007-01-20-405.JPG

not that i care about any of this stuff, the only interesting angle i could muster for myself is, will Gears copies sold be higher than PS3 hardware numbers for the week.:lol

Brimstone said:
Ironicaly, I think Ghost in the Shell for now is exclusive to HD-DVD. Bandai stated in a press release iHD as one of the reasons for supporting HD-DVD. Sony and the Blu-Ray group made a big mistake not supporting this technology.

Except for the fact that Ghost in the Shell : Innocence is already out on bluray?
Nice try that has nothing to do with the thread though.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
awesome, i hope.

does anyone know how much brue dragon has sold in japan?

Speevy

Banned
完全に私のまわりに、表面から身に着けられているを用いる場所から身に着けられているを用いる顔なじみは、ある。私が私の悲哀をたいと思う私の頭部、否明日を明日浸し隠してはいけない。そして私は私が死んでいる夢が私が持っていたあることが最もよいこと、それをちょっとおかしい、私見つけるそれをちょっと悲しい見つける。気違いの世界。

Odysseus

Banned
Speevy said:
Completely around me, from the surface it is attached to the body it is attached to the body there is the face familiarity which is used, from the place where it uses. I my sorrow my head you want, no tomorrow tomorrow dampen and do not have to hide. And as for me the dream where I have died a certain thing which I had being best, that just a little it is strange, personal opinion just a little it is sad, you find that you attach. World of lunatic.

that's what google said you wrote, anyway

Top Bottom