• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poll Shows Players Want Gears of War Above Halo as The Most Wanted Xbox Series on PlayStation

Wulfer

If Microsoft is smart, what they'll do is release the Halo and Gears games individually on PlayStation for 50-70 dollars a pop rather than their current forms as the MCC and Gears Trilogy.
Not only that just leave it at that price for $60-70. If they want it so badly they'll buy it!.

Last edited:

splattered

I wonder if ps dev kit owners will be able to ruin the experience in some of these mp games like they do cod and others already?

OverHeat

« generous god »
I'm going to laugh if Sea of Thieves launches on PS5 and it bombs.
HlELIq3.gif

It's because Gears is third person lol.
This. It’s funny that people here dislike 3rd party narrative action games today yet look fondly back on Gears, because that type of game was literally the Gears of War series, and it was one of the pioneers of this style of game.

Scripted/Walking sequences and all.

Chronicle

Easily! I'd give my left testicle for a gears remake on ps5. Halo has always sucked. Pew pew pew. Keep that shit

Kokoloko85

This. It’s funny that people here dislike 3rd party narrative action games today yet look fondly back on Gears, because that type of game was literally the Gears of War series, and it was one of the pioneers of this style of game.

Scripted/Walking sequences and all.

Only Xbox/PC fans dislike it. Because Uncharted 2 and TLOU came along and did it bette, then won game of the year awards for it Multiple times

Last edited:

IFireflyl

Gold Member
  1. The Elder Scrolls (807 votes)
  2. Fallout (549 votes)
  3. Hellblade (365 votes)
  4. DOOM (356 votes)
  5. Wolfenstein (210 votes)

These are already on playstation ...

Even AoE 2 had a PS2 port.

The question was asking "which Xbox franchise they'd most like to play on PS5 and PS4".

Hellblade 2 is Xbox exclusive. Elder Scrolls VI was originally said to be Xbox exclusive. Likely this would have been the same for future Fallout, DOOM, and Wolfenstein games as well. While there might be titles from these franchises on PlayStation, there is no guarantee future titles would continue to release on PlayStation after Microsoft went on an acquisition binge.

Gambit2483

For all the people saying "third person," did you forget COD?

If COD can survive after all these years, then perspective isn't the issue here...

Crayon

Gears. The showcase 3rd person cinematic shooter. It's the original Sony game, when you think about it.

Celcius

°Temp. member
It's literally the only MS exclusive I care about.
I'm really hoping we get the original trilogy on Steam.

avin

[*]Gears of War (1,147 votes)
[*]Halo (999 votes)
[*]Indiana Jones (810 votes)
[*]The Elder Scrolls (807 votes)
[*]Forza Horizon (701 votes)
[*]Fable (688 votes)
[*]Starfield (624 votes)
[*]Fallout (549 votes)
[*]Marvel's Blade (380 votes)
[*]Hellblade (365 votes)
[*]DOOM (356 votes)

I'm reading this correctly? The DOOM franchise isn't number 1, not in the top 3, not in the top 5, not in the top 10?

This isn't going to work.

avin

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
What I want more than anything is.....
4749823-lost-odyssey-xbox-360-front-cover.jpg

This game deserves remaster to modern system.

i only played gears 5 for horde mode (which was better in gears 2/3 i think).

was the story annoying? I should play it. i paid for it lol

also, is that avatar from brass eye? and THAT episode?
Yeah story was shit they made the black character a goof and the woman put everyone down but like aloy from horizon.

Rac3r

Sounds about right. Gears is the reason I bought a 360. I enjoyed playing Halo whenever I was at a friend’s house, but seeing Gears for the first time is what truly blew me away. The multiplayer was the cherry on top.

That said, I don’t want whatever Gears became after the og trilogy. Remake, reboot, or don’t bother.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Seems nobody wants Sea of Thieves but the irony is that’s probably what they’ll get. It won’t sell and Phillip K Spencer III can go back to Natella and say ‘seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I told you this would happen you big dope’

Ar¢tos

Porting n12 and n20 will certainly bring in the big bucks!
They'll sell 5 million each on Playstation!

It's almost they picked the ones that would have less impact, just to get people used to seeing Xbox games on Playstation, before porting the big games.

While Gears got more votes (148 more) it wasn't a land slide by any stretch. They're surprisingly even footed.
Arena shooters with no variety in gameplay is a dead genre. Both Halo and Gears have barely changed since the 360 days

I do want Flight Sim tho
The basics in Halo have always been the same, yet there hasn't been a single Halo sequel that carried over the same physics. Any Halo fan will tell you that no two Halo games felt and played the same. Halo 2 was completely different from Halo CE and Halo 3 was completely different from Halo 2. Halo Reach was out of left field with bloom and armor abilities. Then you have Halo 5 which was a major departure from the norm with a lot of new new mechanics introduced like ground pound, clamber, thruster packs, and sliding. Out of curiosity what do you mean when you say variety in gameplay? Neither here or there but I find more variety in an arena shooter like halo over a game like call of duty with ADS. Do you think Call of Duty is a dead genre?

Skelterz

Talked to a buddy about this and if gears 5 came to ps5 with xbox crossplay, it'd be fun to kill ps5 owners.

But gears 6 would have to have 1 year exclusivity on xbox.

You’d be surprised at how many PS5 players owned a 360 in that generation and are absolutely machines at gears, I speak for myself I’d like to see you try padowan..

shaddam

Never was a big halo fan, played MCC (except 4) on steam, but if they port it to ps5 i will buy a physical only for the lolz

vkbest

I'm reading this correctly? The DOOM franchise isn't number 1, not in the top 3, not in the top 5, not in the top 10?

This isn't going to work.

avin
Doom is in PlayStation already, I suppose people who vote here it’s people voting for unreleased games in the platform

Top Bottom