• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poll Shows Players Want Gears of War Above Halo as The Most Wanted Xbox Series on PlayStation

Draugoth

Gold Member
halo-gears_jfmu.1280.jpg

Amid countless rumours that Xbox is planning a pivot to bring some of its games to other consoles, Pushsquare held a poll earlier this week asking the readers which Xbox franchise they'd most like to play on PS5 and PS4, and the results are now in.

After nearly 12,000 votes, it's Gears of War that takes the top honour. Yes, the gory third-person shooter is the most wanted Xbox series to come to PlayStation, according to our readers at least. It pips Halo to the post, which took nine per cent of the votes compared to Gears' 11 per cent. Third in the rundown is Bethesda's RPG series, The Elder Scrolls, with eight per cent.

Here's the top 20 most wanted Xbox-owned franchises PushSquare want on PlayStation:

1. Gears of War (1,147 votes)
  2. Halo (999 votes)
  3. Indiana Jones (810 votes)
  4. The Elder Scrolls (807 votes)
  5. Forza Horizon (701 votes)
  6. Fable (688 votes)
  7. Starfield (624 votes)
  8. Fallout (549 votes)
  9. Marvel's Blade (380 votes)
  10. Hellblade (365 votes)
  11. DOOM (356 votes)
  12. Hi-Fi Rush (325 votes)
  13. Microsoft Flight Simulator (310 votes)
  14. Banjo-Kazooie (272 votes)
  15. Forza Motorsport (251 votes)
  16. Wolfenstein (210 votes)
  17. Sunset Overdrive (206 votes)
  18. Avowed (202 votes)
  19. Age of Empires (199 votes)
  20. Sea of Thieves (196 votes)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
  1. The Elder Scrolls (807 votes)
  2. Fallout (549 votes)
  3. Hellblade (365 votes)
  4. DOOM (356 votes)
  5. Wolfenstein (210 votes)

These are already on playstation ...

Even AoE 2 had a PS2 port.

Last edited:

Skyfox

Talked to a buddy about this and if gears 5 came to ps5 with xbox crossplay, it'd be fun to kill ps5 owners.

But gears 6 would have to have 1 year exclusivity on xbox.

Nydius

Make a Marcus Fenix collection upgrade, drop it on both consoles at the same time and Game Pass day one, profit.

Then port Halo MCC.

Sounds like a plan to me.

Last edited:

Audiophile

Gold Member
Never played Gears so would like to give it a shot, not sure if I'm gonna be into it though. If they did bring it over I'd need some demos/trials.

As for the rest: Marvel's Blade is my most anticipated, I'd like to give Forza Horizon 4 & 5 a pop to see if they can scratch my Driveclub itch and Sunset Overdrive always looked fun.

Flight Sim might make for a cool curiosity but I can't see myself getting into it, though proper VR support would help. Still need to try Hellblade (1) out to decide if I'm into it or not and whether to eventually get the second game.

Hi-Fi rush I'd probably save for a Switch 2 and Halo never did a thing for me (beyond my appreciation for some nice music and a cool main character design). Zero interest in the rest.

Ogbert

Playstationers want to be dude bros afterall.
Gears is trash and always has been.

People will be playing the OG Halo trilogy decades from now.
Gears might be trash now, but back on the 360 it was hands down the best console game going.

As a PC player it was the one console game I wanted.

Paasei

I would vote Gears of War as well. Halo is great, but playing FPS on a console (read: with controller) is just a pain.

spons

Gold Member
They goofed up with Gears 5. Can't wait for my choice at the end of the game to have zero impact in the next. The "open" (lol) world was ultimately pointless, and boring.

jm89

I'd only care about the single player aspect of those games.

I've only ever played halo 1 and gears 1 on pc years ago.

I'd pick gears over halo just from that experience.

I own Halo MCC on Steam and would buy it on PS5 in a heartbeat.

I'm less interested in gears of war, but would try it out at the right price. The rest I don't care about.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Given the choices I'm not surprised.
Xbox really don't have much to offer uh

Gojiira

The irony is Sony own Sunset Overdrive since Insomniac only signed with MS if they retained IP ownership.
But yeah disappointing, DOOM,Fallout and The Elder Scrolls are all way more required to be on Playstation…

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Given the choices I'm not surprised.
Xbox really don't have much to offer uh

I mean Halo is a lot to offer lol it sold not only a console but a literal entire competitor to Sony and Nintendo. Its a good series.

The Stig

amazing how far down Forza is. how the truly mighty have fallen. (and this is from someone who owns a copy, digital or otherwise of every single game)

yeah i know its on PC but so is gears.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Gears 5 is legit amazing.

If it had server based matchmaking instead of host based it would be one of the best MP games of the past 10 years.

Banjo, I wouldn't say "legit amazing" but...it was a good and solid game for sure.
Graphics are still good, gameplay wise, well, it's more Gears so your mileage may vary but it's still solid and the horde mode is still good, mindless fun.

The problem with gears IMO is that it lost its edge, everything feels sterile, the robotic enemies introduced in Gow4 were just bad and the new locust-like enemies in 5 are like squish rabbits compared to the original Locust, things don't quite feel "right" for a lack of a better explanation.

The real problem though with Gears has been the lack of innovation in-between the titles, even 5 pretty much feels like the original one since the gameplay has always been super simple - the new mechanic in almost 20 years has been, what ? the enemy grab behind cover ? I mean...
The on rails motorcycle section in 4 was cool but never to be seen again and the free roaming aspect of 5 was probably due as to introduce a new aspect to the game which, always IMO, it was the weakest part of the whole game.Gears doesn't need to be open-world, same thing with Halo.

What I'm trying to say is that for better or worse, it still feels like a franchise that belongs to the X360 era with everything that entails, the mechanics have been feeling stale for more than a decade+ now and the low online MP numbers show that - it's a game only for the most hardcore of fans due to the super-high TTK, nauseating wall-hugging ballet® where visually it still looks like people are glitching/cheating and the 1-shot shotgun kills still reign supreme...

It's...weird, it's a super-simple franchise when it comes to the gameplay and yet, trying to rehaul/rebalance/introduce new things seems almost impossible - keeping things the same will lead to even more franchise exhaustion and changing things too much would result in not feeling like a proper Gears game.

Besides, as much as I hate the American redneck, kitsch, dude bro and frat-house Cliffy B aesthetics/art-direction of the first 3 games, the last 2 ones feel tame and Disney-fied compared to the more gritty nature one of the original trilogy, that too is hard to replicate.
Basically, It's a tough act to follow up as franchises go.

Cheers

Last edited:

The Stig

Halo been rubbish since 3 Gears 1 still the best, liked 4's multiplayer hated 5 maps sucked and annoying woke characters
i only played gears 5 for horde mode (which was better in gears 2/3 i think).

was the story annoying? I should play it. i paid for it lol

also, is that avatar from brass eye? and THAT episode?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I mean Halo is a lot to offer lol it sold not only a console but a literal entire competitor to Sony and Nintendo. Its a good series.
I'm sure it great for fans but It didn't sell me on the Xbox so....

Zadom

I would be more interested in the Halo MCC. I tried Gears of War 1 and I wasn’t fond of the stereotypical soldiers personalities. But I only put a little over an hour in trying out gamepass on the Logitech G Cloud. Maybe I needed to try it longer.

N30RYU

Can we replicate that poll here?

I don't think it will change since I'll vote Gears... but I'm curious

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It would be cool for Gears 6 and whatever comes after Infinite. I feel like they’ve milked those games for so long on Xbox. If you cared about playing them, you would have already done it by now.

If Microsoft is smart, what they'll do is release the Halo and Gears games individually on PlayStation for 50-70 dollars a pop rather than their current forms as the MCC and Gears Trilogy.

Astray

Gold Member
halo-gears_jfmu.1280.jpg

Amid countless rumours that Xbox is planning a pivot to bring some of its games to other consoles, Pushsquare held a poll earlier this week asking the readers which Xbox franchise they'd most like to play on PS5 and PS4, and the results are now in.

Here's the top 20 most wanted Xbox-owned franchises PushSquare want on PlayStation:

1. Gears of War (1,147 votes)
  2. Halo (999 votes)
  3. Indiana Jones (810 votes)
  4. The Elder Scrolls (807 votes)
  5. Forza Horizon (701 votes)
  6. Fable (688 votes)
  7. Starfield (624 votes)
  8. Fallout (549 votes)
  9. Marvel's Blade (380 votes)
  10. Hellblade (365 votes)
  11. DOOM (356 votes)
  12. Hi-Fi Rush (325 votes)
  13. Microsoft Flight Simulator (310 votes)
  14. Banjo-Kazooie (272 votes)
  15. Forza Motorsport (251 votes)
  16. Wolfenstein (210 votes)
  17. Sunset Overdrive (206 votes)
  18. Avowed (202 votes)
  19. Age of Empires (199 votes)
  20. Sea of Thieves (196 votes)
Microsoft thanks them for the free data and will send them a 3 month voucher of gamepass.

Top Bottom