• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 conference and event rating thread

Best E3 conference?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gurish

So E3 is over, we all have our thoughts about how it was, how the press conferences were, how each publisher performed, so let's share it, preferably with scoring, cause it's fun to rate shit :)

EA- as usual, the worse E3 performence, got points for A Way Out and Anthem, other than that, they had the worse press conference. 3/10

MS- they had a weak E3, I can appreciate their BC support but I don't feel the XB platform has any identity to call its own, I believe that the XB platform never had such a weak line up of exclusives as the ONE has, this E3 it was MS's chance to bring back some confidence in its platform, and they failed miserably, 500$ for XBX was the final nail, Sony can stay calm. 4/10

Bethesda - I think they shouldn't had an E3 press conf this year, not enough material of their own to hold one, but, 2 of the best games shown this year did come from them, TEW2 and Wolfenstein 2, and I can't deny that. 5/10

Ubi- One of the best E3 conf this year, new reveals, very entertaining and enjoyable press conf, but despite it all I didn't like what I've seen from some of their games, new AC feels the same old to me, and it's not as stunning as I expected it to be, they did change the combat system but its full of jank, didn't give me confidence it's a new and refreshing direction to the series.
FC5 was also just another FC game, the new settings and intriguing comcept didn't amount to much, I expected it to have a much more serious tone and approach, but it's really just another FC game with a new skin, I'm tired by this.
Disappointing reveal to BGE2, barely started development, early access talks, multi stuff, all hype deflated.
They did show good stuff though like their Mario Rabbids game, their pirates simulator looked interesting, The Crew 2 looks good, and I can appreciate their effort with AC and FC as well, I guess the fans like them and they had plenty of reveals so I can't deny they had a good E3. 7/10

Sony- Very disappointing performance this year, barely had any announcement, they had a mediocre press conf, I did love the GOW trailer, Spiderman, Uncharted and ofcourse, SOTC remake, Sony are keeping the tradition of having the most stunning visuals to their AAA games (especially GOW and Spiderman, both are jaw dropping) but I think we all can agree we expected much more from them.6/10

Nintendo- Couldn't catch their spotlight showing but they had a pretty good E3, like I said Ubi's Mario and Rabbids game tuned out to be surprisingly good, Mario Odyssey had one of the best trailers this year and it will probably win Game of Show by most, 2 new Metroids, Pokemon... Was missing Smash and the Switch will obviously won't get a great third party support, almost all multi platform games won't be there, but I guess we kinda expected that. 7/10

Overall E3- I think it was one of the weakest E3 in recent memory, the fact that Ubi had one of the best showings this year say it all lol, not enough new megatons, too many big games were missing, not exciting enough compared to the last two years, will give it a 5/10, it wasn't an horrible E3, we had much worse in previous gen, but it was just MEH, a very forgettable E3 when all said and done.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
So how would you rate the stuff we had this year, and E3 in general? you can also rate things that I didn't include like Capcom's performence or whatever you want.

Shoot :)

(ps- English is not my first language so I'm sorry for any mistake)

EA - 1/10
Microsoft - 4/10
Bethesda - 6/10
Ubisoft - 5/10
Devolver - 10/10
Sony - 3/10
Nintendo - didn't watch no interest

overall rating: 4/10

pretty lacklustre E3 imo, no new franchises or sequels which had a wow factor

Nick

Underwhelming, except for a few fun surprises like Shadow of the Colossus and Anthem. Hate the X1X price, so that kinda bogged down the entire show for me. I'd give it a 6/10.

Game of the show was Spider-Man, followed closely by Odyssey.

EA - 2/10
Microsoft - 7/10
Bethesda - 6/10
Ubisoft - 7/10
Devolver - Didn't watch/don't care
Sony - 5/10
Nintendo - Didn't watch/don't care

E3 Floor - 0/10 on Tuesday, 7/10 on Wednesday
E3 Food Prices - $$$$$$/10

Overall Score - 12.879/15.674

Catching up with Gamer friends from around the world? - Priceless

hotcyder

EA: ⭐
Microsoft: ⭐⭐
Bethesda: ⭐⭐⭐
Ubisoft: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Sony: ⭐⭐⭐
Nintendo: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Overall: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Roufianos

I feel like nothing changed. No massive games were announced, XOX is exactly what we expected. Nothing that really shook up the industry.

That said, a shit tonne of great looking games were shown of and this fall's line up looks amazing.

BigEmil

EA - 3/10
Bethesda - 2/10
Ubisoft - 6/10
Microsoft - 5/10
Sony - 6/10
Nintendo - 6/10

Very lame and weak E3 this year

Overall 4/10

Garbage. Way too much of a rehash of games we've already seen and quite light on new game announcements.

Dragonball Fighter Z was game of show for me.

Robot Pants

Fairly lame!

MS - 3/10
SONY - 6/10
NINTENDO - don't care didn't watch
EA - 2/10
UBISOFT - 2/10
Devolver - A for effort but wasn't very funny

Overall - 5/10 or 45/265 booth babes

Santiako

EA - 1/10
Microsoft - 6/10
Bethesda - 3/10
Ubisoft - 7/10
Devolver - 11/10
Sony - 5/10
Nintendo - 7/10

Overall, very dissapointing show.

Kazuhira

Anthem,Wolfestein,SoTC remake and The Evil Within 2 are the only games that caught my attention.
This E3 was pretty forgettable in my opinion.

kmax

EA - 2/10
MS - 2/10
Bethesda 2.5/10
Sony 3/10
Nintendo 5.5/10

Ubisoft 6/10

We've been spoiled with super E3s these past few years, but this was a pretty weak E3 overall.

AristoCat

EA - 2/10
Microsoft - 4/10
Bethesda - didn't watch.
Ubisoft - 7/10
Devolver - didn't watch
Sony - 4/10
Nintendo - 6/10

overall rating: 4,5/10

Giant Bomb Night Shows: 10/10

EA: 5/10. Anthem/Way out/Sea of Thieves were cool, but focus on influencers and e-sportification of Battlefront was lame.
Microsoft: 7/10. Neat indies, good production, bummer exclusives.
Bethesda: 7/10. All of that going to Wolfenstein. Rest paled in comparison.
Ubisoft: 8/10. MRKB looks nuts, happy to see excited devs, a couple surprises.
Sony: 8/10 Spider-Man showed well, other 1st party games seemed at least solid
Nintendo: 8/10 Mario possessed me and made me give this score

Pinky

Banned
Only made time for Nintendo's E3 Spotlight. Loved it.

Metroid: Samus Returns is my Game of the Show, followed closely by Super Mario Odyssey. The Metroid Prime 4 tease made me scream. Also looking forward to Kirby, Yoshi and Mario + Rabbids.

-NeoTB1-

Surprisingly, I thought Ubisoft had the best conference overall. Sony and Microsoft were big letdowns, but Nintendo was ok. The best stuff for them came afterwards, though.

Irminsul

I've seen only these:

MS - 5/10
Ubisoft - 6/10
Sony - 5/10
Nintendo - 7/10

Overall - 6/10. Was okay, but not a lot of real surprises got revealed (or their actual surprise was revealed afterwards. I'm looking at you, BG&E2).

alemmon

EA- 4/10 I think people are a little harsh on them but I enjoyed the Battlefront 2 gameplay. I dont care for shoutcasters though. The YouTube creators were off the chart cringy. Especially the Need for Speed guy...

Microsft- 7/10 I think it was a pretty solid show. I thought the indie games looked great. Anthem, Metro and Assassins Creed looked great.

Bethesda- 5/10 Shorter than expected and no real surprises. Wolfenstein II looks great.

Ubisoft- 8/10 I really liked their show. It was pretty to the point and I really liked Beyond Good & Evil 2 at the end. That was a real treat. Only thing holding back was the Pirate game. This is not what I wanted...

Sony- 7/10 God of War, Spider-man, Days Gone and Detroit were awesome. It was just lacking a certain Punch... Not too many surprises and its hard to keep up with previous years.

Nintendo- 7/10 While I am not the biggest Nintendo fan... Mario looks amazing and Xenoblade 2 looks great. The Metroid Prime 4 teaser was great but it was essentially a title screen. Was hoping for more.

Gestault

Any reaction that has Ubisoft, Nintendo and Microsoft in the top 3 gets my nod. Those were three unexpectedly solid shows.

Metal Sev

Neo Member
EA - 3/10
Microsoft - 6/10
Bethesda - 2/10
Devolver - 10/10
PC Gaming Show - 4/10
Ubisoft - 6/10
Sony - 7.8/10
Nintendo - 8/10

Compared to the past two years this E3 was pretty mediocre, but I wouldn't say terrible. There was some very good looking games shown off. No bombs were dropped in terms of new game announcements, but that's okay with me.

Overall I'd give this E3 a 6.5/10

Blobbers

Ubisoft and Nintendo - 9/10, because they had *new exclusive announcement*, *new exclusive announcement while also a new IP* and/or *megaton*

Sony and Microsoft - 7/10, solid conferences, some great showings but mostly stuff we've already seen or not exclusive

Bethesda -5.5/10, a few great announcements at the end, but bogged down by the usual ESO, card game bullshit + creation kit

EA - 2/10, A Way Out looks great but the rest was unbearable in usual EA fashion, felt like 5 hours

ionitron

I feel like every E3 is always a meh E3 for most people lol.

I won't do a rating system because I don't really think I play enough games outside of nintendo to really judge appropriately.

I saw Microsoft's, Sony's, and Nintendo's. Thought Sony's didn't show anything new/different from last year's show or that of much interest to me outside of Spiderman. Microsoft's did show some neat things. I had a low bar for Nintendo going into despite being a huge Nintendo fan and I left pleasantly surprised so, I'm happy. Mario Odyssey was really what I wanted to see and I wasn't expecting a lot of new things.

EA - Drumlinesportsball/10
Microsoft - 6.5/10
Bethesda - 5/10
Ubisoft - 8/10
Sony - cantheygobackintimeandunsueliksangbackintobusiness?no?thenillcontinuetonotbuyanythingfromthem/10
Nintendo - Metroid Is Back and console Pokemon/10

Overall? A solid 7.

Starfield

EA: 5/10 - Better than last year. A way Out and Battlefront 2 saved it for me. Still pretty boring overall

Microsoft: 7/10 - Lots of games shown. Xbox Scorpio Reveal. Metro 3 reveal. However pretty meh on the exclusives site. Anthem was a looker though. 499$ is a shit price but I can understand why it is priced that much.

Bethesda: 6/10 - Was expecting SO much more. Wolfenstein 2 and The Evil Within 2 saved it for me though. I liked the "Bethesaland" style of doing the presser. They can do that next year again but PLEASe don't be only 45 minutes :/

Devolver: Check a look/10

Ubisoft: 7/10 - Lots of good games shown. AC: Origins finally looks like a great AC title again. Beyond Good Evil 2....

Sony: 5/10
As someone who doesn't own a Sony Console this was a pretty meh conference. They've shown lots of gameplay from previously announced 1st party games which is great for Playstation owners but they didn't show much in terms of 3rd party which I was hoping for. Far Cry 5 looks shit.

Voted for the PC Gaming Show. Intel might have tried their best to bring it down midway through, but it was filled lots of great games, and very little other nonsense.

BigPapi

EA: 3/10
Microsoft: 8/10
Bethesda: 4/10
Ubisoft: 5/10
Sony: 4/10
Nintendo: 5/10

Overall: 6/10

As a PC only player Xbox showed the most games I want to play from the AAA in Metro, Crackdown to smaller stuff like the Ori sequel.

Loudninja

God of War ,Days Gone and Spider-man look fantastic to me not to mention the great VR support.

Shadow Colossus and Monster hunter were very nice surprises.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Thought this E3 was pretty mediocre across the board. There was some good Sony and Nintendo stuff but was hoping the back end of 2017 would be as amazing and awesome as the first half... but realistically that was kind of impossible.

Zero interest in buying an X, seems more likely I will pick up an S later on in the year.

EA - 1/10
Microsoft - 4/10
Bethesda - 6/10
Ubisoft - 5/10
Sony - 4/10
Nintendo - 6/10
Overall - 6/10

Best part of E3 though
Giant Bomb - 10/10

bastardly

EA - 1/10, Completely pointless conference outside Battlefront, and that went on way too long

Microsoft - 5/10, The whole point was to showcase Scorpio, and they faceplanted with games that didnt even really show off the system. The best looking game was Anthem, and it's multiplatform. 500? Fuck off.

Bethesda - 3/10, Besides Wolfenstein, I had no interest in anything here.
Ubisoft - 2/10, I really didn't care for anything here, and the cocktease of BGE2 was more damaging than anything else.

Devolver - 10/10, At least something surprising happened at E3 this year.

Sony - 6/10, Spiderman and GOW look awesome, but we saw them last year. No real big announcements, and Days Gone looks like shit to me.

Nintendo - 5/10, Mario saved it but it did little to show people this won't go the way of the Wii U

overall rating: 3/10, This has been once of the worst E3s in recent memory. Just lacking any sort of excitement that we're used to, maybe it's the 24/7 news cycle ruining all the surprises but man I was super letdown this year by MS and Sony.

Top Bottom