• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3: Firmware 1.50 Is Up For U.S. Systems (BC Image Quality = Better)

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
I didn't hear anything special in the other place this was mentioned, but just in case, what's it add/change? Anything good? At all?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Seriously, doesn't anyone believe in release notes anymore? Is this country going to hell or is it just me?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm baffled that Sony hasn't been releasing changelogs. Do they fear the hackers will find exploits or something?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
So, does it fix display issues with PS2 Games?

Yama

A basic idea from the thread three below:

FW1.5, which will be out on the 24th, will add new payment options for use with the PlayStation Store, among other things. On the payment side, the PS3 will soon allow for "Edy" system payments. This form of e-money requires an IC Reader/Writer though, which limits its use to people who own the hardware that supports Edy currency and know how to connect their readers to the PS3.

The update also includes Korean language support for keyboard inputs and more PS1 and PS2 games on their list of compatible titles. For most of us, the big news will definitely come in the form of an updated compatibility list, so we'll keep checking for the update when it's out. In the meantime, sit tight, and let's see what the US firmware update will be like once someone from Sony America tells us what's up.

Hopefully Outbreak has HDD support. :)

rc213

bishoptl said:
Seriously, doesn't anyone believe in release notes anymore? Is this country going to hell or is it just me?

I'm not 100% positive but on the PSP Updates it has a list of changes right before you accept to install it. Wonder why they don't do the same for PS3 updates.

GrandPipe

is/will guitar hero 1 & 2 ever be compatible? I read it had something to do with the controller or something, but unsure if it will ever be able to be solved via an update.

Yama

Anyone downloading have Outbreak? I'd appreciate if you could tell me if the HDD option works now. Not home to test, sorry.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
GrandPipe said:
is/will guitar hero 1 & 2 ever be compatible? I read it had something to do with the controller or something, but unsure if it will ever be able to be solved via an update.

Guitar Hero works, you just need to wait for the new adapters that will allow you to use legacy controllers on backwards compatabilty

GrandPipe

Wario64 said:
Guitar Hero works, you just need to wait for the new adapters that will allow you to use legacy controllers on backwards compatabilty
sweet, thanks. im sure there will be several threads about it when that time comes. Then i can finally remove the ps2 from my av unit.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
GrandPipe said:
sweet, thanks. im sure there will be several threads about it when that time comes. Then i can finally remove the ps2 from my av unit.
Er, I mean the game itself works, not the controller...at least not yet, there's an accessory by Nyko that will allow you to use your Guitar Hero controller though. They announced it at CES a couple weeks ago. So it's not a BC issue, just a hardware/adapter issue

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Nice. We get something.

Now if only I could find a blasted memory card adaptor.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Wooo! My MGS2 disc doesnt look like its been through a shredder anymore!

Confetti.jpg

Avalon

Weren't PS1/2 games being forced to 480p through HDMI? So does this mean the PS3 now offers a bit of enhancement?

Yama

rc213 said:
User pic for the main accounts can now be a personal picture selected from photo directory, New?
Not a biggie, but yes it's new. :)

Can you try out some HDD compatibility for me? Not home until Thursday.

Okay, the PS2 games I tried look great. But Silent Hill 1 still looks like grainy, pixelated ass. Maybe this is just because it's been so long since I've played it last, but I'm not so sure.

rc213

glaurung said:
Holy mole, I do think that's new.

What about backgrounds?

No background changes allowed yet.

On the bad side: My MGS2: Sons of Liberty/GTAIII saves are gone. MAAAAAAAAAN!!!

Avalon

akachan ningen said:
Okay, the PS2 games I tried look great. But Silent Hill 1 still looks like grainy, pixelated ass. Maybe this is just because it's been so long since I've played it last, but I'm not so sure.

I think most PS1 looks grainy as hell through anything higher then composite on my TV...

Yama

akachan ningen said:
Most PSone games look like pixelated ass through component on the PS2, it's no PS3 defect. Sadly, that's just aging. :p

Dot50Cal

Banned
Testing this in a moment, will post a pic of RE4.

Ill do a proper Silent Hill 1 direct feed when I get off work, as I did notice a lot more moire patterns appearing in that than usual when doing a comparison with the ps3 and the ps2.

JB1981

Holy shit! They did fix it! Awesome. MGS 3: Subsistence looks perfect now. Hooray, Sony!

Now onto some of those 480i only games I've never played before, baby!

i wanna play killzone lol

akachan ningen said:

It's not the system, it's the game. I popped SH1 into my original Playstation and yea, it hasn't aged well at all. Sooooo much dithering...

Top Bottom