• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I overreacting?

Ihyll

There's this new guy at work...he's pretty cool we have hung out a few times now however there is one thing that is bothering me...

Every time we have hung out it turns out he never has any money to split the bill and I always have to end up paying....which honestly I don't mind...BUT when someone is buying lunch for you, shouldn't you order some of the less expensive items on the menu? Or is that just me? This guy whenever we have gone out for lunch always orders the most expensive items...

It has gotten to the point where I'm considering just not hanging out with him anymore...

Am I the wrong here?

jaekeem

hows he never have money

no credit card?

if it's multiple times he's buying expensive things and conveniently lacking dough...you may be being taken advantage of

If I am treating somebody to lunch then I want them to order whatever seems most appetizing to them at the moment. However if they constantly have no money and are in fact always ordering the most expensive item then yeah, they're playing you, and I wouldn't be offering any longer.

Also like the post above says, why doesn't he have a card. Unless he's a cash only person, which if that's the case, I wouldn't be hanging out with him regardless.

just tell him up front the next time you hang out that you'll split the bill. make up an excuse like you're a little tight on your budget or something.

Media

Just tell him next time that y'all need to split the bill because you're low on funds. He he throws a bitch fit then drop him.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
You are not overreacting, but you are dumb paying all those times for him. Especially if he is ordering the pricey items.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Once is an accident, but if it happens over and over where he is going to eat and not bringing any money then he is either a complete fucking moron or a cheap prick.

weekev

Banned
You could bring it up. Like talk about it. Y'know next time the bill comes tell him he owes you like 5 lunches and you're only lunching with him next time if he pays. If it's bugging you, have a backbone and call him out on it.

Cubas

Go with pretty much the exact amount cash you need for your meal next time. Let's see how he reacts when you ask for the bill.

I remember I had a cool ass attractive female coworker I would go out to lunch with, and she tried to claim that I should be paying for her lunch because she's a woman. LMAO. She was dead serious too.

I have a friend who I used to have to pay for everything. Sometimes I felt really used, but he had over 200k in debt from student loans, so I just ate up the cost. I liked doing things with him.

He has been working off of his debt now, and one of the more recent times we hung out he offered to buy our expensive dinner, since he finally could afford to, but someone else picked up the $500+ tab [someone I've barely hung out with].

Those are just things to keep in mind.

Wait, he doesn't pay you back?

I've bought lunch of my co-workers and vice versa before, but we always pay each other back or do a "I'll get you yours next time" type agreement.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
OP, want to come over and play PSVR games on my PS4 Pro and 80" curved screen OLED?

You're gonna have to buy the PSVR, PS4 Pro and 80" TV though. Oh, and we're also gonna need to go to your place. And one last small little thing... it's not even that big of a deal... but I'd actually prefer you to not be there. So let me know a good time for when I can show up. Thanks bro!

Top Bottom