• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush is Receiving a Manga Adaption

Was announced a few days ago and I didn't see a thread.
Kadokawa-Gravity-Daze-Manga.jpg

Kadokawa have announced that they’ll be releasing a Gravity Rush manga in Japan, which will be serialized in their monthly “Comic Alive” magazine! The first part is apparently scheduled to be released in their September issue (which will be released on July 27). It’s great to see the series get an actual manga.

Source: https://www.gravityrushcentral.com/2017/06/27/kadokawa-announces-gravity-rush-manga-japan/

Really happy that the series is still getting some love.

DAY ONE 👮🏻👮🏻👮🏻👮🏻👮🏻

The fact that the brand is still getting support really makes me happy and hopeful for the future. Between this and the upcoming Let it Die collab? 😫😫😫

Gravidee

That's pretty cool. Though I wonder if it will be published here too. Hopefully an anime of sorts won't be too far behind. Those shorts were sort of neat, but left much to be desired in terms of direction and animation quality. I want a full series with a budget and Kohei Tanaka scoring.

Foxxsoxx

Do we know if GR2 sold well?

EDIT: Beat

Seriously though, been waiting on a sale for GR2 and I totally expected it to bomb despite looking awesome.

LotusHD

Banned
My Kat senses were tingling, and lo and behold...

Kat be like, if I can't win their hearts as a video game character, then I shall become a manga character too...

Probably the only hope this has of receiving a continuation unless someone powerful at Sony has a love for Kat. Wonder what Project Siren will work on next.

rackham

Banned
Is it going to be a retelling or a day in the life of Kat style manga?

The appeal of gravity rush is the humor of Kats heroics.

Manga adaptation hopefully means future anime adaptation! One can dream...

I sure hope they explain the plot of the series. Raven's DLC cleared nothing up and raised even more questions...

leroidys

My immediate reaction was that this is awesome, but then I remembered that 95% of videogame manga adaptations are complete trash.

Wow this is great!

An anime adaptation would be nice.

That would be awesome!

DAY ONE ��������������������

The fact that the brand is still getting support really makes me happy and hopeful for the future. Between this and the upcoming Let it Die collab? ������

A collab? Oh man, I can't wait to see what becomes of it!

Kasper

I was never a huge fan of the actual combat in Gravity Rush, but I loved the world and characters. I hope the manga gets localized and that it'll eventually lead to an anime series.

Top Bottom