• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unraveling one of Neogafs mystery; Is Modbot really a bot?

How can a bot always have a such perfect closing line before closing a thread. It's always something 100% on point hilarious. His/her/its tag is trying to confuse us and throw us off track

Mod? Bot? Human? Cyborg?

What say you?

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
It's a shared account between mods so you can't tell who closed an anime or politics thread.

kris.

Banned
100% lean mean banning machine

i believe it's an account all of the mods have access to that they can use whenever.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
I'd imagine it is a bot/tool for forum moderators, just not fully autonomous.
His avatar is pretty dope though

AndersK

They never de-modded Amirox, but they don't want you to

Sjfkfkeofmflgkidmdlzxoznzlsæwd

Edit: Oh. Shit. I didn't know recent developments when I posted this. I'm sorry.

It's both, right? It's a shared account for when mods want to close a thread, but it has automated features as well, like with giveaways.

Berordn

As I recall, modbot was created to make it easier for mods to perform moderation actions back when mobile first launched and the interface didn't really support mobile.

And then he became sentient.

Ethelwulf

Modbot is closing your thread soon. And yes, it is an anonymous way mods have to close threads. I don't understand why they do it but that's the way it is and I suspect there is a reasonable explanation for this. Mods?

Fat4all

Banned
rAYbkEa.png

smart bot boy

L Thammy

Modbot is an ancient evil entity who is trapped under EviLore's basement. He tapped into power to create NeoGAF, but Modbot has only been gaining power. Now it's influence is starting to be felt in the forums, and there's no telling when it will break free.

_Nemo

They just use it to pussy out of potential backlash for closing threads.

Sorry.

Don't ban me.

Modbot always has the most savage lock messages. I enjoy seeing when a thread has been locked by Modbot just to see what they said before they locked it.

Ominym

Banned
It's just a general use mod account to close threads/ban members so that individual moderators don't catch heat over it.

Not sure I agree with the policy even though I understand why it's necessary at times.

There's someone that has the same avatar too running around and it always takes me aback when I see them posting.

Busty

Banned
I once walked down to the waters edge. It was near an old abandoned factory. I took a moment to listen to the wind as it blew through the lonely, threadbare trees that lined the bank.

I looked into the water. But it wasn't my reflection that stared back at me. It was ModBot. Just a friendly shot across my bow.

I heeded his warning and left that place never to return. Sometimes, at night, I still hear the wind as I did that day.

Top Bottom