• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm upset that I still can't find a Switch in stores

Da-Kid

As far as stock. I feel completely left out as a Nintendo fan. I can't find one of these things. Nintendo always promises they'll have plenty and it always turns out to be a complete lie. All these new games coming out and I'm probably not even going to be able to play them till next year maybe.

Doesn't help I'm losing interest due to the lack of stock.

I mean, there's a supply issue because Nintendo has to compete with Apple for a limited supply of parts. There really isn't much they can do

hughesta

Banned
I mean they've gone up on amazon multiple times this past week. if you can't snag one when they're available just steal one from a family who has one

don't steal from people

Rmagnus

Banned
That's odd as a fan I would have assume you would have had it pre ordered. If it no longer interest you just take it as money saved I guess

RRockman

Banned
Nice bait title OP.

A+

Also How can ninty drop the ball if shortages are due to unforeseen circumstances?

Like the only thing they legitimately dropped the ball on that wasn't due to manufactures screwing up joycons and docks was the crappy online voice chat.

trixx

I know it's not entirely their fault and trying to move as many as they can but yeah they should produce more. Its a great piece of hardware.

But I feel Nintendo dropped the ball on the software and features as an owner of the console.

Dice//

Banned
My former Gamestop boss wouldn't hold a system in the ten minutes I went to get my wallet.... There were three. Then quickly none.

I was sad that day.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I feel I have to bold and capitalise this, but if you live in America, BUY ONE FROM AUSTRALIA! We literally have tons here for some reason, despite it selling well. Plus you pay less because of our shit currency rate.

It's not just Apple, but Samsung and basically all modern mobile devices.

By the way key fabs are transitioning to 3D NAND which makes traditional flash harder to get ahold of. There's lots of factors around the limited Switch availability.

ohlawd

I find it dumb af to lose interest because of lack of stock. are people this desperate to have the new shiny thing in their hand asap

it sucks you don't have one when you want one but the thing is going to be sold for the next couple years so what's another couple months until then?

How else would they get clicks tho?~

DOCTORS HATE HIM
FIND OUT THIS MAN'S SECRET TO LOSING 10 NINTENDO SWITCHES IN 2 WEEKS
I love you guys.
If you live in the U.S. I believe that most of the large stores will have stock tomorrow morning.
That's true. I got an email from GameStop saying that at least. Hopefully your desires and interest are strong enough to try to get one tomorrow.

I await a report OP.

As far as stock. I feel completely left out as a Nintendo fan. I can't find one of these things. Nintendo always promises they'll have plenty and it always turns out to be a complete lie. All these new games coming out and I'm probably not even going to be able to play them till next year maybe.

Doesn't help I'm losing interest due to the lack of stock.

Girl please, your ass will be in line as soon as the stock is replenished.

mandiller

Move to Australia. Switches in stock as far as the eye can see! (Or just order online from Australia. It's all region free)

120v

after Wii U it's not like nintendo would confidently make 10+ million switches readily available. ignoring the nes classic kerfluffle this is about as good as you can expect given the circumstance

I don't know how many times I've heard someone say they lost interest due to lack of stock yet instantly become happy the moment they are able to get one.

Every. Single. Person.

VariantX

OP, you will be ok. You'll eventually get one. if you were actually losing interest, you wouldn't have bothered to even make this thread to complain about not being able to get one in the first place.

Sinistral

Lots of stores got stock today cause of Splatoon2 launch tomorrow... I should know I just bought one! The EBGames(Canada) I went to had 5 systems for sale from the shipment they got this afternoon.

MoonFrog

Clearly they are not doing as would be ideal. They could have a bigger install base by now and they are servicing the Switch with software well so it is not like they are burning current customers in droves or something.

Clearly they are also leaving some potential customers out in the cold and unhappy.

But...you both cannot fault them too much for being cautious after Wii U and 3DS launches and cannot expect them to outbid Apple. I imagine they are doing about as well as they could be doing, given the position they got themselves into (keeping in mind their decisions that got them there weren't unreasonable).

Also, we've yet to see what the fallout of this situation is. If they get out of this mess this fall or going into next year, I have a hard time seeing it damaging eventual sales numbers in any great way. I also imagine that knowledge of the sort of situation it is in and the sort of demand it has will offset the install base not looking as high as it could look to third parties considering Switch.

So as a business, I don't think they've dropped the ball so much as found themselves in a bad way. (And not the worst sort of bad at all--Switch is still doing well).

They have failed customers though, in the short term at least.

Top Bottom