• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV gets meaty update: New Character, Stages, Costumes. CFN Improved

joe2187

Banned
So yesterday was the launch of the very divisive SFV newcomer Abigail.

For those unaware, this is Abigail. Love him or hate him, I think he's one of best introductions to the game in season 2 so far. He's so much fun to play and figure out so far and is probably the sole reason I bought the Season 2 Pass. Give yourself a moment to check out how he plays or just watch Vesper Arcade go nuts for a while https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcW3c4hWB-Y

103.png

Anyway, the game was also updated with Three new stages

Ring of Pride (CPT Premium stage $9.99 Non-purchasable with FM
Ring-Of-Pride-CPT-Stage.jpg

Ryu's throwback stage "Suzaku Castle" ( 70K FM)
Suzaku-Castle-SFV.jpg

Abigails Stage Metro City by the Bay (70K FM)
metrocity.jpg

New "Premium" Costumes (cannot be purchased with FM)

Sports alts for Laura, Rashid and Ibuki.

Nostalgia costumes for Ibuki, Juri and Alex

CPT Exclusive costumes for Ryu, Ken and Guile (All CPT content is timed, so the costumes will be delisted when this years CPT is over)

Most of the new costumes have easter eggs ( changes to the costume by inputing a code at the char select screen.

Of course, they also updated the CFN site stealthily while the game was patched. Adding in a few new functions. You can sign up for yourself here to get your own stats. It updates pretty fast.

- Character Frame data
- CFN ID Searching and Personal Stat tracking
- A preview of more of the character costumes and extra colors
- New images of character portraits in their new or old costumes (Depending on whatever you're using at the time. You can see more here.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Meaty update, but damn, I feel like I'm downloading a whole new game with this 9 gigs and some change.

Why the hell do they put so much work into the website and not mention it anywhere? It's ridiculous.

Also, I finally got the CPT DLC yesterday, and was sort of bummed that I can't do any of the previous challenges. It seems that I'm locked out of all of the ranked wins challenges because I didn't buy the DLC when it came out and did it during that month.

Don't get cooked...

JayEH

Guile with the mask looks awesome haha.

Nice to see the cfn site continue to get updated. They should really promote it more. And Looks like we're one step closer to in game frame data huh?

I have too much Tekken on my mind, when I saw some of his moves having 10 frame startups I was like, "OH SHIT HE IS OP", but I just remembered 3 frame jabs.

SOLDIER

Booted the game up yesterday for the first time in forever, had some fun online matches. They've certainly added a lot of improvements.

But the fight money grind is really souring me. I did the challenges listed and I'm barely at 20k. And each fighter costs 100k.

Just what the hell? I've already got most of the story modes done, so do I just have to play a million online matches a day?

bluexy

Abigail is a beautiful creature and he uses all you haters' negative energy in his protein smoothies to help his never-ending bulking phase.

VariantX

Booted the game up yesterday for the first time in forever, had some fun online matches. They've certainly added a lot of improvements.

But the fight money grind is really souring me. I did the challenges listed and I'm barely at 20k. And each fighter costs 100k.

Just what the hell? I've already got most of the story modes done, so do I just have to play a million online matches a day?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1408614

This thread is for you sir.

+ you'll get 30k fight money in august for the 30th SF anniversary coming up soon.

bobawesome

Abigail's design makes me angry just looking at it. Looks like something I'd expect to see Tizoc using as an avatar.

Sorry bud, but it's true.

Abigail's design makes me angry just looking at it. Looks like something I'd expect to see Tizoc using as an avatar.

Sorry bud, but it's true.
I am 50-50 about Abigail, I feel like his moves could've looked better, and he didn't really need to be a giant, but then again, I can't think of the last fighter that added a giant sized character to their roster outside of say Kum in GG Xrd, so that does make him stand out a little.

I think the concept is OK but the way they went about it could've been better.

Moaradin

The character portraits are awesome. It's actually pretty damn impressive that they have one for every character costume. Seems like a lot of work for a site that's pretty hidden.

Zackat

The character portraits are awesome. It's actually pretty damn impressive that they have one for every character costume. Seems like a lot of work for a site that's pretty hidden.

I imagine it isn't going to be hidden for too much longer. They gotta promote it at some point.

MrCarter

Brilliant update and nice thread OP! I bought:

- CPT stage
- Ryu Stage
- Rashid football/soccer costume
- Laura volleyball costume

So far. Tempted to buy the Metro stage and Alex/Ibuki's nostalgia costume too.

The CFN update is also great with all the character profiles, stats, frame data etc. Good stuff, Capcom.

Great update this month.

I also don't know why they don't really promote the CFN website on the english social media sites :/

VariantX

Guile with the mask looks awesome haha.

Nice to see the cfn site continue to get updated. They should really promote it more. And Looks like we're one step closer to in game frame data huh?

This shit needs to be on a mobile app, like yesterday. Give like 1000 FM just for logging into it every day and using it. Would be nice to have offically sourced framedata in my pocket...would be nice if I actually bothered to use it too which is why I cant climb out of silver league lol.

joe2187

Banned
The CFN updates seem cool. Time to learn about frame data.

What does the on hit/on block thing mean?

On block means if the move connects to a blocking character

On hit means when your move connects when they're not blocking.

Being + or - Means that if the move hits a blocking opponent while it has + frames, then you're safe to go for another hit or back off. If you're negative you're going to get hit out of the move recovery in retaliation or just leave you in an unsafe position.

SOLDIER

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1408614

This thread is for you sir.

+ you'll get 30k fight money in august for the 30th SF anniversary coming up soon.

I'm aware of the thread and it's a great resource, but it also highlights the major problem with that game: wasting time on modes I don't want to touch.

Meanwhile I can just play random Splatoon matches in under 30 minutes and get all the exp and money I want.

It especially sucks that they don't even make new characters free for a week anymore. I wanted to at least try Abigail before buying him.

I-hate-u

1tTs8oU.png

To the guy that was complaining about ugly Ken in SFV, where you at? Mofo looking prettier than Karin.

I want a bundle of all this DLC on one disc already Capcom pls hurry up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Abi looks better in that OP picture, like his head isnt as small as I thought.

In fact he looks kinda cool with the hair in that alt costume (?) /shrug

bubumiao

CFN site should have been available day one. I downloaded the patch last night, but played The Last of Us Remastered factions & Injustice 2.

Should try to get back into this game

Bought it in february along with a venom arcade stick

Dumped the stick after a week
Dumped the game after a month

The game and community was just so damn hard

I got 450k FM quite fast, but got wrecked at normal survival always during stage 28-30 (never completed them not even with my "main"
I couldent complete all trials with any character either

I was going between 500-1000 points on pvp

Im usually quite good in most games but this game was just hardcore

That said, I loved watching eleague and evo (never followed FG before)

For me the game and online community is doing e erything right, but the game is just too hard. Definately coming back for a re-match :)

WetWaffle

If they really wanna do throwback stages, why Ryu's boring stage?, They could have done Ibuki's awesome sunset stage in 3s or her ninja village in 3: DI, Sean's Sao Paulo stage(just switch it laura), and Hugo's DI stage. Also her pants are still too poofy, just like SF4

Frankly those costumes are exactly what I'd want out an eSports Costume. Professional, capable of being form fitting, but ultimately functional.

Huh, Ryu is the 4 worst character in performance but by far the most chosen character.

On block means if the move connects to a blocking character

On hit means when your move connects when they're not blocking.

Being + or - Means that if the move hits a blocking opponent while it has + frames, then you're safe to go for another hit or back off. If you're negative you're going to get hit out of the move recovery in retaliation or just leave you in an unsafe position.

Cool! Thanks a lot!

fernoca

So..what's the code for the costumes-stuff?
Main post says you out a code at the character select screen. Is it the same as the others?

Ferrio

Banned
If they really wanna do throwback stages, why Ryu's boring stage?, They could have done Ibuki's awesome sunset stage in 3s or her ninja village in 3: DI, Sean's Sao Paulo stage(just switch it laura), and Hugo's DI stage. Also her pants are still too poofy, just like SF4

Boring or not, Ryu's stage is more iconic than all those put together.

recks

I have all the DLC characters and haven't spent a single cent beyond the base game. Each character can easily give you ~30k FM by just doing the story, trials, survival on easy/normal, and watching the demonstrations. The general story also gives you 80k for normal mode completion and 50k for the hard one, if you skip the cutscenes It should take around an hour to complete.

yurinka

Great update. I love the 3 new stages and the new costumes. Not a big fan of Abigail, but at least he's a new different type of character (huge Hulk-like tank) and seeing him in-game doesn't look as bad as I saw him in his announcement trailer. Now I see him ok.

I want to highlight the 3 new stages: Ryu's stage is an awesome revision of his SF2 stage, Metro City's stage does the same with the Final Fight stage and they time of the day changes in every round, and the CFN stage is a very cool stage full of life and animated characters from other stages.

Something I find awful is Abigail's music theme. Like Ed's theme is really annoying because its style doesn't fit very well with Street Fighter, mostly because of having lyrics. I'd replace them with instrumental versions of these themes and / or to have an option of blocking them during gameplay.

Great update this month.

I also don't know why they don't really promote the CFN website on the english social media sites :/
Sure, it's a very cool site. Capcom should promote it more in-game, in CapcomUnity and their social media channels, in addition to localize the content of its Japanese version faster.

Neoxon

You can also post your Psycho Pass on Twitter. For reference, here's mine.

DFo-cTPWAAAqofs

Hopefully Capcom gives us more customization options for our Psycho Pass & integrates these new features into the game itself.

Top Bottom