• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV gets meaty update: New Character, Stages, Costumes. CFN Improved

Dante83

Banned
I know people will hate me for saying this, but the castle stage looks the worst to me. I know that its a throwback and all, but those clouds look weird and tacky to me. Vega(claw) stage was the best throwback stage, and guile's one is second for me. For the new stages, I like abigail's stage the best and the ring of pride looks dope as well, and I enjoyed the music of that stage. I am not a fan of abigail though, and I am glad that I did not use real money to purchase him. I was short of 2000 FM, and I played survival mode to make some FM. He plays very awkward and clunky to me.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, I agree. That stage looks so empty and kinda cheap. Probably my least favorite one now.

fresquito

Abigail is, for sure, my favourite SFV newcomer. I'm yet to play him more and make up my mind about his game plan, but so far he is ridiculously fun to play. I don't know whether I'll drop Birdie for him, though. Time will tell.

Coming back to Street Fighter 5 after many months and it feels like they added A LOT. Very cool.

I hope they will release a new physical version in the future, with all the added content.

El Sloth

Banned
Coming back to Street Fighter 5 after many months and it feels like they added A LOT. Very cool.

I hope they will release a new physical version in the future, with all the added content.
People always complained about those, but I loved the convenience of just needing to bring a disk over to a friend's house and having all the content there without any downloads necessary (other than any balance patches). It's also nice for people who live in areas with shitty or no net, like my cousins in DR.

I personally really want a "Super" version.

Neoxon

People always complained about those, but I loved the convenience of just needing to bring a disk over to a friend's house and having all the content there without any downloads necessary (other than any balance patches). It's also nice for people who live in areas with shitty or no net, like my cousins in DR.

I personally really want a "Super" version.
The problem with Super versions in the past was that they locked balance updates behind a paywall, thus splitting the player base. If we get a Super version now, it'd likely just be SFV with all of the current updates on the disc (& probably all of S1 & S2's characters). Think of it like a physical version of the Deluxe Edition you can already buy on PSN/Steam with a big software update included with it.

MrCarter

I don't buy it (no pun intended). They can charge whatever they want.

MKX had a tournament pool costume DLC too. I think it was $2 or $3. And the stage DLC was free.

I doubt NRS invests as much has Capcom does though. With them, 80% goes towards the CPT.

Nah, I agree. That stage looks so empty and kinda cheap. Probably my least favorite one now.

I personally love the simplicity of the stage, with the clouds slowly moving and birds flying around. The amazing orchestral track is a bonus too.

kikiribu

Nah, I agree. That stage looks so empty
The original was too. It was never meant to be a stage with NPCs running around. There are plenty of crowded stages in the game, this one didn't need to change and become one of them. It stayed true to the original.

AlanOC91

If you don't have dlc characters unlocked can you still fight them online?

I really only ever get Ryu and a few other characters who came with the game. I am only Super Bronze though.

Neoxon

If you don't have dlc characters unlocked can you still fight them online?

I really only ever get Ryu and a few other characters who came with the game. I am only Super Bronze though.
You can still fight the DLC characters, hence why they push the character data update to you regardless.

SOLDIER

Abigail is fucking impossible to beat with Cammy.

Been trying to take out Abigail players online and I might as well be fighting Gregor Clegane with that reach of his.

Also that sounds like a photoshop waiting to happen.

Top Bottom