• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein 2 DLC announced

Xando

Wolfenstein 2 has four DLC episodes - and they star different playable characters.

The idea is that while BJ Blazkowicz is busy fighting in America, other freedom fighters are fighting on their own fronts.

Here are the four DLC episodes, as per Bethesda:

Episode Zero - Episode Zero introduces you to Joseph Stallion, Jessica Valiant and Gerald Wilkins as they fight for freedom in the American Territories. Blast your way through Nazis using unique abilities and an arsenal of guns in this opening DLC mission.

The Adventures of Gunslinger Joe - As former professional quarterback Joseph Stallion, smash through Nazi hordes from the ruins of Chicago to the vastness of space!

The Diaries of Agent Silent Death - As ex-OSS agent and assassin Jessica Valiant, infiltrate Nazi bunkers in California and discover the secrets of Operation San Andreas!

The Amazing Deeds of Captain Wilkins - As the US Army's renowned hero Captain Gerald Wilkins, embark on a mission to Nazi-controlled Alaska to dismantle Operation Black Sun!

You get all the DLC packs as part of The Freedom Chronicles Season Pass, which costs £17.99. Episode Zero is also a pre-order bonus.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-each-starring-a-different-playable-character

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A bite-size episodic model seems a little strange (I doubt they'll last more than two or three hours each). I was expecting a proper expansion a la Old Blood.

A bite-size episodic model seems a little strange (I doubt they'll last more than two or three hours each). I was expecting a proper expansion a la Old Blood.

This doesn't rule old a Old Blood standalone mini-game in a year or so. They're doing it with Dishonored 2, so I would expect the same stunt to be pulled for E3 2018.

Announcing DLC before the full game is even out.

Modern industry. smh.

That's how video game production works. They have to plan out the DLC early on in deveopment to allocate ressources for it. Stuff like this doesn't just happen out of thin air.

The Season Pass version costs a whopping $10 more than the base model on Australian steam so I'll be surprised if the episodes are more than two or three hours combined.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This doesn't rule old a Old Blood standalone mini-game in a year or so. They're doing it with Dishonored 2, so I would expect the same stunt to be pulled for E3 2018.

Oh, sure. I was just talking about the Season Pass.

The Season Pass version costs a whopping $10 more than the base model on Australian steam so I'll be surprised if the episodes are more than two or three hours combined.

That's actually Bethesda being relatively reasonable for a change. The difference is $20 on the US store ($60 -> $80).

nded

I was hoping we'd get to play as Bombate. Is he featured in the main story of New Colossus? I thought I saw him in the trailer.

Not Drake

Joseph Stallion

*crickets*

I'm disappointed so far. 4 ~$5 episodes imply they're super short. Old Blood had it's flaws, but I prefer the format of a bigger expansions. They also all take place in the USA and while setting them in Alaska, California and Chicago might offer some variety I'd rather visit Europe, Africa or Asia.

*crickets*

I'm disappointed so far. 4 ~$5 episodes imply they're super short. Old Blood had it's flaws, but I prefer the format of a bigger expansions. They also all take place in the USA and while setting them in Alaska, California and Chicago might offer some variety I'd rather visit Europe, Africa or Asia.

Presumeably it's easier to re-use assets from a US based campaign with similiar locations rather then taking it to an entirely different region, that would require a ton of new assets to be made.

I just noticed Operation Black Sun - Wolf 09 love letter?

Oh, sure. I was just talking about the Season Pass.

That's actually Bethesda being relatively reasonable for a change. The difference is $20 on the US store ($60 -> $80).

Hmm I'm temped by Steam then.

Nope. Sounds boring. The game resolves around BJ and his perspective. Other scenarios aren't not going to be as interesting as they try to make it.

GavinUK86

OPERATION BLACK SUN?!?

Interesting to see if they're bringing all that supernatural stuff back, even if it's only for one DLC.

All this sounds pretty cool. I'll defintely be buying all of these once I'm done with the main game.

I believe in Machinegames to create something unique and fun.

Raptomex

Nope. Sounds boring. The game resolves around BJ and his perspective. Other scenarios aren't not going to be as interesting as they try to make it.
World building. As much as I love B.J., I would love to learn more about the alternate reality of a Nazi infested world and how people deal with it. Plus, I don't think it's actually going to take away the spotlight from B.J. and his story.

MUnited83

For you.
Sounds terrific, I'm hoping they'll be relatively meaty experiences or link up in some way beyond the intro.

Yes? TNO was in Europe and TNC is in the US. The whole game is set in the US, although they're not sticking to just the contiguous states as one of them is set in Alaska. The US is a big place with 3.8 million sq mi to Europe's 3.9 with a lot of ground to cover and tied with China as the two countries with the widest variety of climate types in the world assuming they want want to go wild with different types of locales and environmental condiditions. Not to mention outer space, which I guess you consider America too?
I'm pretty sure he's just pointing out how dumb that phrase sounds.
"The idea is that while BJ Blazkowicz is busy fighting in America, other freedom fighters are fighting on their own fronts." doesn't make much sense of the "their own fronts" are still America. It's terrible wording lol.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Yes? TNO was in Europe and TNC is in the US. The whole game is set in the US, although they're not sticking to just the contiguous states as one of them is set in Alaska. The US is a big place with 3.8 million sq mi to Europe's 3.9 with a lot of ground to cover and tied with China as the two countries with the widest variety of climate types in the world assuming they want want to go wild with different types of locales and environmental condiditions. Not to mention outer space, which I guess you consider America too?

Just pointing out the awkward wording. No need to bust out the square mileage.

hydruxo

Sounds kinda lame. I'll stick to the base game. Also not a fan of announcing stuff like this 3 months before the game comes out.

Top Bottom