• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein 2 DLC announced

Aangster

I'm interested to see how lengthy each episode goes, mostly keen for the world-building elements.

The outcomes of post-launch content should be of concern (see Fallout 4 for lackluster season pass content, or cut content being resold for Mafia II) and whether that's worth the bundled/separate purchase, not the timing of post-launch DLC announcements. The main game's close to completion, parts of the team (e.g. some artists, level designers etc.) have undoubtedly shifted onto DLC work. No difference between announcing this prior to launch or afterwards. There's no pre-order or pricing incentive either.

gabbo

Chinese knockoff of Joseph Stallin

Himself a cheap Stalin knockoff

Back on topic, I'll wait until this comes out as a GOTY or special edition. Not down with DLC being announced like this, even if the ideas in that DLC sound intriguing

Erevador

Don't understand the negativity. I like the pulpy episodic quality of these. I am glad the DLC won't be cannibalizing the main game and running over the same ground.

Zemm

This sounds like throwaway DLC. Will skip and wait for something like the Old Blood type of DLC which I'm sure they'll make.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This sounds like throwaway DLC. Will skip and wait for something like the Old Blood type of DLC which I'm sure they'll make.

This is the content that's included in the Season Pass. I don't think there's going to be a standalone expansion this time around.

Fury451

Banned
ITT: a bunch of people don't know how development cycles work.

This isn't an Evolve situation and shouldn't be treated as such.

Petrae

Announcing DLC before the full game is even out.

Modern industry. smh.

Par for the course in an industry that's more interested in money made after the intial sale than about the initial sale itself. And, as others have pointed out, consumers have accepted it hook, line, and sinker.

It's shitty, but it's SOP now.

jacobeid

Banned
At first glance this doesn't sound as enticing as The Old Blood, but I'm happy to be proven wrong. If not I just won't buy it. Pretty simple :)

Already have my copy of Wolfy pre-ordered on PC since I had some extra cash and knew that I'd also be buying Mario+Amiibos that day
I am such a sucker.

kevin1025

Banned
When I first saw this I was really hoping one was the LSD dude and we get an FPS sequence with crazy stuff happening through the entire thing. Darn. But still interested in this!

Game months from release, already talking about DLC.

Keep trying to squeeze consumers out of their pennies, game industry.

The market seems to have shown publishers pretty decisively: the people that spend the most money don't care and will absolutely buy this stuff. Tough to get mad about it anymore.

Yeah it sucks to know that if you like the game, you'll have more content to play.

Crazy right, it's as if they need to keep having money come in to support the game post-launch?

I feel this will work way better than The Old Blood. I think that would have been much better off as either not a prequel that book ended the start of The New Order, or playing as a different character.

CHC

Modern industry. smh.

In order for DLC to be released in a timely manner, it has to be planned and begin development before the game launches. So would you rather they just not say that they are planning it even though they are? Or are you just against DLC in general? Or you only want DLC that comes really late? Or would you rather the game just launch six months to a year later so that it can include this content as part of the base game?

I mean I get that on surface doing this seems stupid but those are the alternatives. As long as the game itself is full-featured and conclusive, I don't see what the problem is with optional extras.

jacobeid

Banned
Short sighting thinking right here

Please explain.

In order for DLC to be released in a timely manner, it has to be planned and begin development before the game launches. So would you rather they just not say that they are planning it even though they are? Or are you just against DLC in general? Or you only want DLC that comes really late? Or would you rather the game just launch six months to a year later so that it can include this content as part of the base game?

I mean I get that on surface doing this seems stupid but those are the alternatives. As long as the game itself is full-featured and conclusive, I don't see what the problem is with optional extras.

That's a bingo! It's not like they are holding these back from the game's release. The devs are simply letting us know about their post-launch plans. I'll pay for more content if it's worth the money. If it's not worth the money then I won't buy it. What's the problem here?

Lucifon

These sound pretty cool to me. Fairly low price and hopefully some different scenarios. Let's them play around a little which can only be good.

KDC720

I've always enjoyed DLCs where they show you what other characters were up to during the main story. So I'm down for this, price isn't bad either.

Reminds me a bit of the GTA IV or Dead Rising 3 DLCs.

Here is an idea, why not launch all that with the game? Like the whole package.

Wow, brilliant. I'm sure no one has thought of this until now. The idea of pushing back your game for years to add content means there won't be any DLC like with Final Fantasy XV and Duke Nukem Forever.

Fury451

Banned

Great post, thank you.

As for the DLC...I'm getting Metro Last Light vibes from the idea- different characters with different mini campaign "feels" like focus on stealth, balls to the wall action, etc. Much as I loved that game, the DLC was iffy at best. Hope this is more like Old Blood quality because the idea of different characters is cool.

Guess I will wait for the inevitable collected GOTY release in 2018. With all the games coming out, even as a huge fan of the original, I can wait 6-12 months for all the DLC and a collected one package for this.

DLC packs sounds great though, tempting.

kami_sama

On the one hand, I don't like devs releasing dlc details so far from launch. On the other hand, I like that I know the game will have post-launch suppoort.

Also, thematically it makes sense for the dlcs to be in the US, considering that the game is about liberating Nazi-occupied america.

LowRoller

Modern industry. smh.

Oh no we'll have to buy content for a game that's more than 10 hours long that devs started working on after the game went gold for people who want more of the game . I hope this industry crashes and burns.

jacobeid

Banned
Guess I will wait for the inevitable collected GOTY release in 2018. With all the games coming out, even as a huge fan of the original, I can wait 6-12 months for all the DLC and a collected one package for this.

DLC packs sounds great though, tempting.

I kinda like it.

It makes me wait for a complete edition.

Considering Bethesda never released a complete edition of the previous game I guess you'll be waiting a long time. Though The Old Blood was standalone DLC and this doesn't sound like it, but I don't think a complete edition is a guarantee.

Shauni

I'm really confused by some of the responses in here. Why would you expect it to be elsewhere when it's side character stories from the main story set exclusively in America? If it we're like a totally separate story I could understand, but as supplements to the main story, this seems about par the course

Shredderi

I'm torn. I love the BJ character from machinegames and I kind of want to play more Old Blood styled romps from his perspective even more. They have already done a great job at expanding his persona and I would welcome more opportunities for it. Besides, the little time they will give the other characters in these most certainly bite sized packs won't be enough for any meaningful characterization so I would instead like more BJ.

Top Bottom