• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

joe2187

Banned
Most mirrors are boring tbh. Either they're too fast paced or too slow paced.

The only matchup in the game that ISN'T a mirror and is still BORING AS FUCK is FANG vs Guile.

It's good but not THAT strong. One of the only two characters in the game with a throw invincible EX command grab. I love it.

Mika mirrors are pure chaos. I lose them nearly all the time because I've played against like 8 out of like 1800 matches.

His bull rush and command throws always surprise me with how much damage they do, it's ridiculous.

WHY IN THE FUCK can't I message player I just played? Why won't they appear in "Player's met"?

I just got disconnected right as I lost... He now thinks I am a rage quitter. FUCK THIS. I want to message him for a proper rematch or even to throw down a match to give him his win... Nothing makes me more anxious than the fac thta tsomebody may think I am a rage quitter.

WHY IN THE FUCK can't I message player I just played? Why won't they appear in "Player's met"?

I just got disconnected right as I lost... He now thinks I am a rage quitter. FUCK THIS. I want to message him for a proper rematch or even to throw down a match to give him his win... Nothing makes me more anxious than the fac thta tsomebody may think I am a rage quitter.
It should pop up your matches list in your profile and you can find his name there and message.

Ok producer, send an invite

MCD250

Other possibilities, as well.

sfa_menat_by_countgate-dblj6x3.png
sfa_menat___taunt_by_countgate-dblv7f8.gif

Ggs Chef

Remember to AA with Mika's headbutt and don't do anything unsafe on block unless you are sure of you're read. You were sweeping and doing unsafe peach attacks much too often. Use her buttons and walkspeed to advance forward, even if I'm chucking fireballs at you. Just walk and block. Ken's FB is not that strong...

joe2187

Banned
Ggs Chef

Remember to AA with Mika's headbutt and don't do anything unsafe on block unless you are sure of you're read. You were sweeping and doing unsafe peach attacks much too often. Use her buttons and walkspeed to advance forward, even if I'm chucking fireballs at you. Just walk and block. Ken's FB is not that strong...

Thanks, but my reactions are pretty bad and most often when I attempt the AA headbutt Im either doing it too late, or when I do confirm it's into nothing since I've always eating a DP or EX DP when I do.

Playing against a million crazy kens have taught me bad habits, like expecting EX DP if I so much as think about doing a meaty or dropping a combo, and empty jumps or cross ups into throws, run into EX DP or Run into throws.

I tried using my buttons to advance, but You're very fast on your jab confirms and Im terrible at the.

I've learned some good stuff from the matches however, most notably to block low more often and be mindful of his command run. I think you hit me with every crouching jab or St.LK . Im just not sure what to do on Wakeup (besides Headbutt) that wont end up with me either on the defensive open to a free combo.

MrCarter

Friendly reminder that every single piece of content in T7's $14 DLC Pack 1 was or would have been free in previous games that launched with more content.

A lot of the people defending T7's BS finally wisened up and are giving BN shit for it. The SP and the first DLC are getting tanked in reviews because of how badly priced they are. People finally realized that "At least it's not SFV" isn't good enough.

I think most logical people knew and weren't falling for that shit from NamcoB it was just the blind Harada fanboys/Capcom haters who fooled themselves otherwise. That being said, their launch product was still better than SFV's even if it does have lacklustre arcade, story and online modes.

Scotia

Banned
I have no problem admitting that SFV's story was better than T7's. I can barley remember anything from T7's story mode.

kikiribu

I have no problem admitting that SFV's story was better than T7's. I can barley remember anything from T7's story mode.
All I remember is that all characters for some reason understand each other despite speaking in different languages. It's just so weird

joe2187

Banned

The only thing I remember was that It was narrated by a man who was falling asleep and in part made me fall asleep as well.

mbpm1

climbing back up the ranks

why did I ever leave kolin

All I remember is that all characters for some reason understand each other despite speaking in different languages. It's just so weird
that's my favorite part. i love hearing the different languages

The only thing I remember was that It was narrated by a man who was falling asleep and in part made me fall asleep as well.

I had blissfully forgotten about that:
*sounding rather bored* "My home had been destroyed and my wife and child were dead."

IIRC, somebody in-the-know claimed that the voice-actor was instructed to sound like that, for whatever reason.

That was actually great, even if it makes no sense.

Other possibilities, as well.

sfa_menat_by_countgate-dblj6x3.png
sfa_menat___taunt_by_countgate-dblv7f8.gif
Outside of clearly using either Red or Green from FRLG as a base sprite (lol), this one's much better since it doesn't try to change aspects of the character to make her "hotter".

SF has plenty of thiccness. It's okay for Juri, Sakura, Menat, etc to be slim.

MrCarter

I meant in terms of an overall launch product. It managed to have the story (and other stuff) there at launch as opposed to SFV which took like 4/5 months. As for the story? Yep, I have no problem admitting SFV was better either. It had that Saturday-morning-cheesy-cartoon feeling whereas T7's mundane and boring narrator simply put me off. The characters also speaking in their native tongue to each other was also very bizarre.

Neoxon

I meant in terms of an overall launch product. It managed to have the story (and other stuff) there at launch as opposed to SFV which took like 4/5 months. As for the story? Yep, I have no problem admitting SFV was better either. It had that Saturday-morning-cheesy-cartoon feeling whereas T7's mundane and boring narrator simply put me off. The characters also speaking in their native tongue to each other was also very bizarre.
To be fair, speaking their native languages is basically Tekken tradition at this point. But at the same time, SFxT gave Tekken a number of the non-English-speaking characters decent Japanese & English VAs (Heihachi, Jin, & Hwoarang especially for English) that Bamco didn't even use in the English dubbed reveal trailer.

To this day, I still don't know how Capcom & New Generation Pictures got Brad Swaile as Jin.

mbpm1

The native languages are what makes tekken good. Capcom could take a page on that note.

They should probably find better voice actors though

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Yeah, more languages would be cool. Only non-english/japanese I can think of is Chun Li speaking chinese in 3S, and that's just one line if I remember correctly (her intro).

Thanks, but my reactions are pretty bad and most often when I attempt the AA headbutt Im either doing it too late, or when I do confirm it's into nothing since I've always eating a DP or EX DP when I do.

Playing against a million crazy kens have taught me bad habits, like expecting EX DP if I so much as think about doing a meaty or dropping a combo, and empty jumps or cross ups into throws, run into EX DP or Run into throws.

I tried using my buttons to advance, but You're very fast on your jab confirms and Im terrible at the.

I've learned some good stuff from the matches however, most notably to block low more often and be mindful of his command run. I think you hit me with every crouching jab or St.LK . Im just not sure what to do on Wakeup (besides Headbutt) that wont end up with me either on the defensive open to a free combo.
Just keep practicing and try and play in sets with higher skilled players, it'll come.

Mizerman

Man, T7's story was a bummer. If that was the best Bamco could've done after all that time, they shouldn't bother. And then that damn narrator...

Syntsui

The MK9 and both Injustice have good stories, MKX was bad but still miles ahead of everything in the genre. The bar is so low it's a futile exercise to even bother to compare.

Ryce

From Reddit:
So I noticed a while back that something was off about Cammy's skin texture in her default outfit. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but I've recently found out what was wrong. Her skin texture is inverted! The creases on her skin that show off her physique crease outwards instead of inwards, which makes the texture/shading on Cammy's skin look weird. This apparently happened when they removed her nipples over a year ago. Whatever they did to remove her nips ended up messing up her skin texture/shading. I can't believe its been well over a year and Capcom has not fixed this or addressed it in any way. This is only with her default outfit too. So I just thought I post this here in the hopes that Capcom notices this and realizes they messed up Cammy's skin textures and should fix it soon.

Here are some pics i found from some old posts to show you what i mean.

http://i.imgur.com/TtRLhJ0.png
http://imgur.com/8xWJSc6

Good version: http://i.imgur.com/bbCuNYd.jpg
Broken version: http://i.imgur.com/uLG4XRJ.jpg
Holy shit. Capcom simply inverted Cammy's bump map to remove her nipples, ruining the rest of her body. That's a whole new level of laziness.

Syntsui

From Reddit:

Holy shit. Capcom simply inverted Cammy's bump map to remove her nipples, ruining the rest of her body. That's a whole new level of laziness.
How do you fuck up the entire character by removing two nipples? This is hilarious. I never use that costume so I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

That sounds like an honest error.
I know that UE3 does require most programs to "fiip" the Y axis for the normal map when you bake it, because UE does it inverted I think

Seems to me they removed the nips, rebaked the normal map, but forgot to flip green.
This is easily solvable, but you need to notice it first.

joe2187

Banned
I remember Kazuya shooting eye laser beams at a satellite. That's all I got.

My favorite part was the news headline about Mishimas satellite falling on a city and the Narrator saying "People forgot about Kazuya turning into the literal Devil" and then moved on like it was just a side not.

Top Bottom