• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

TheOGB

Banned
Ibuki's was the only character that I instantly switched to Japanese. God her English voice is sooooo bad.
Ibuki's ENG voice in SFV is super annoying to me. Which is weird because she sounded really good in SF4 and SFxT and it's the same VA. Direction this time around was really puzzling for a few characters.

MCD250

LdiIgRq.gif
New V-Trigger.

I don't like the EN/JP voice divide, I preferred when the voices were universal, but I guess everyone's more chatty now so it necessitates them having full English and Japanese dubs.

MCD250

You could play with it a little too. Like for instance, I'm sure there are characters who can speak more than one language. If characters had unique intros/voice clips when talking to each other, you could have, say, Ken speak English to the American characters and Japanese to the Japanese ones. Karin, too (probably). Gief and Kolin could say unique things to each other in Russian, and more generic things to other characters. Etc.

Alas, I don't think there's a fighting game (or any game, really) that's ever done something like that.

Tekken does that, yeah?

With the exception of a few characters, yes.
You could play with it a little too. Like for instance, I'm sure there are characters who can speak more than one language. If characters had unique intros/voice clips when talking to each other, you could have, say, Ken speak English to the American characters and Japanese to the Japanese ones. Karin, too (probably). Gief and Kolin could say unique things to each other in Russian, and more generic things to other characters. Etc.

Alas, I don't think there's a fighting game (or any game, really) that's ever done something like that.
The biggest problem would be finding VAs that are fluent enough in the languages. Any JP VA speaking english is gonna lead to Terry Bogard lines.

Rymuth

Problem when they let characters speak Arabic (in any medium) they tend to go for Fu'sha, which just sounds awkward in everyday conversation.

Strangely enough, I can see it working for Menat due to her larger-than-personality.

Shaheen, though? Yeeeesh, awkward as sin...

Devid905

Hmmm......

https://np.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/6y5r9r/capcom_bandai_namco_leaks_mvci_ssfv_dmc5_dbfz_and/
Super Street Fighter V:
You may recall a leaker named Rikurikumore who posted about a SSFV leak here. Well, I can at least say that everything he's said about that is true. It is indeed happening and going to be announced at PSX this year. Necro, Oro, Q, and Crimson Viper will be added as free characters as part of the free expansion. Sakura, Sagat, Sodom, Cody, and two new additions will be Season 3. I was hinted that the two new additions might be Final Fight characters as well.

Why does everybody automatically assume Menat would speak Arabic? Yes, she's Egyptian, but her plot crosses over to Italy enough that her speaking Italian is 100% plausible.

She really is a Jojo character. She even has the signature moves of Joseph and Caesar (clackers and bubbles), who both trained in Italy.

Absolutely positively 100% bullshit. And you know that guy's a Gaffer (or at least lurks) because I said half of that stuff here and he twisted it into some other shit. Note how the only unconfirmed characters he can name in S3 are the ones I named before (Sodom and Cody).

Also, Dr Doom has zero chance of getting into Marvel, at least for the next few years, due to them doubling down on the F4 ban.

Absolutely positively 100% bullshit. And you know that guy's a Gaffer (or at least lurks) because I said half of that stuff here and he twisted it into some other shit. Note how the only characters he can name in S3 are the ones I named before.
Give up your sources.

Don't play dumb, you know exactly who it is. I just don't mention him by name because he doesn't like me to.

Regarding characters, the most I'd expect for free is just one, and even then they'd probably give us like 50K FM instead.

D-I-S-C-O-R-D boyz.

Though I would also like to take this opportunity to say that that leak is bullshit of the purest quality. Just the mere suggestion that they would give away so many freaking characters FOR FREE is a laughable notion with any company, let alone Capcpom. And the leaker seems to have a serious hard on for Final Fight.

Sayad

Some guy woke up completely soaked in his bed and decided to write about it! The more you read(past the SFV stuff), the less plausible everything seems, lol.

Yeah, I just learned some Rog right before it's release. I'll be back for Zeku, then when S3 hits I'll play even more.
Same, I'll keep it installed and pop in 1-2 times a week so I don't rust up completely. But there's no denying, I found a new girl for the Fall baby.

Season 3 can't come soon enough.

Some guy woke up completely soaked in his bed and decided to write about it! The more you read(past the SFV stuff), the less plausible everything seems, lol.
"They stopped making SCVI because they couldn't handle the variation thing".

What kind of BS is that? That's some shit you deal with in pre-prod, not months before you're ready to show the game in public.

Turbanator with dat debunking tech <3
Lmao idk why but reading that leak actually pissed me off. I'm normally just laughing these off like nothing.

Maybe it's Riku's name in the beginning that did it. That name was thrown around GFAQs like it was the name of the son of God earlier this year.

Neoxon

Absolutely positively 100% bullshit. And you know that guy's a Gaffer (or at least lurks) because I said half of that stuff here and he twisted it into some other shit. Note how the only unconfirmed characters he can name in S3 are the ones I named before (Sodom and Cody).

Also, Dr Doom has zero chance of getting into Marvel, at least for the next few years, due to them doubling down on the F4 ban.
Ryce did say that F4 characters were fair game for DLC, so there's hope.

D-I-S-C-O-R-D boyz.

Though I would also like to take this opportunity to say that that leak is bullshit of the purest quality. Just the mere suggestion that they would give away so many freaking characters FOR FREE is a laughable notion with any company, let alone Capcpom. And the leaker seems to have a serious hard on for Final Fight.
Logistically speaking, Capcom probably doesn't get much cash from the characters anyway since most use Fight Money to get them. Still not sure about the validity of the rumor, though. I'll just assume it's fake for now. Though Broly being DLC for DBFZ wouldn't surprise me, nor would the Switch port.

I need that Hidden Missiles function.

I might get the PC version eventually just to replace every bit of dialogue from the game with Magneto saying "GRAVITY SQUEEEEEZE" from UMvC3.

Neoxon

That was said before details of the rewritten Fox ban were common knowledge. I still very much doubt the veracity of any F4 characters for the time being.
It being before then makes me think that Capcom somehow sealed the deal before Marvel doubled down on the F4 ban.

Pompadour

So are you saying that (combined with Flowtron's leak) S3 will have Sakura, Sagat, Cody, and Sodom?

That's not a bad roster even if doesn't include anyone I want (several of which were confirmed NOT to be in S3). Sakura, Sagat, and Cody are no brainer inclusions and it would be nice to get the one Alpha character that isn't a Cammy clone or ripped from CvS2/CFJ in SFV.

Pompadour

That's what i was told, though what happened with the Anniversary Collection not panning out is giving me doubts as to the veracity of said info.

Well, the Anniversary Collection is due to release in October so showing something in September, particularly at TGS, makes sense to me.

They dropped UMvC3 hours after they revealed it. They only need to reveal something weeks or months ahead of time if there's going to be a retail release (like how UMvC3 was handled). The tricky part here is the first leak we got regarding that collection was on a retailer website (dated for October release) and we're running out of time for an announcement.

Fuck Sakura, Sagat, Cody and Sodom.

Where is that staff wielding lady from Ed's story mode?

She's blonde so she's guaranteed to be in SFV eventually along with Cody, Maki, Eagle, Abel, Rufus, Decapre, Doctrine Dark, Roy Bromwell, Tiffany Lords, and Gunloc.

Top Bottom