• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

AlexIIDX

Repeat until Necalli is picked.

f.HP x st.MP x L. Flash chop
cr.LP(x2) or cr.LK x cr.LP x L. Flash Chop
j.HP x st.HP x M. Flash Chop or L. Slash Elbow
j.HK x st.HP (or use f.HP) x M. Flash Chop or L. Slash Elbow

Basically run through his trials and most of those are BnBs with some counter hit stuff.

St.MP x Flash chop or elbow and cr.lp(x2) x Flash chop are his best BnBs tho.

Thanks guys lol. I'll run through trials again.

Producer

Man, I feel like Kolin really should be able to cancel cMK into SOMETHING. Even EX hundred hand slap.

would probably be too good. My #1 change for kolin atm would probably be to make her sMK plus (+1) or at least neutral. That and fix her ex hands so as to guarantee it fully connects at all ranges

Dead Guy

Question for you all. Is the free 30000 fight money already over? I recently moved and only just set up my computer again. I thought the promotion went until midnight tonight but I could be wrong.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Question for you all. Is the free 30000 fight money already over? I recently moved and only just set up my computer again. I thought the promotion went until midnight tonight but I could be wrong.
A message should pop up when you log in. The record of the 30000fm won't appear in your message log though. You just have to trust that your total has increased.

Edit: except it's over so nevermind

Edzi

Unless the character doesn't have good punishes for it, the only thing Kolin's vskill destroys is someone who's being read like an open book.

lol, have you ever played a good Kolin? It can be spaced to be made safe on top of already being good to throw out to challenge normals. Menat's normals are pretty slow on top of that.

mbpm1

lol, have you ever played a good Kolin? It can be spaced to be made safe on top of already being good to throw out to challenge normals. Menat's normals are pretty slow on top of that.
He plays Kolin

I've fought very little Menat, so all I can say is that the matchup is interesting. Her double jump can mess with some menat AAs I guess. V-skill is okay to use only sometimes if the menat doesn't have a good orb read on you.

Sayad

Kolin is the character I played the most in S2. The vskill can't be made safe against a standing Menat if she has the orb and no one has a reason to crouch at that distance against Kolin, even against characters where you can make it safe, good luck spacing a 14 frames move at a distance where a micro walk back would make it whiff.

Kolin can be oppressive at close range against characters with weak defense, but getting there isn't easy, the match up isn't one sided, Menat's orb fireball can be a real pain.

Pompadour

Finally made it to Ultra Gold and immediately I fought two Platinum Nashes. Is there where all the Nash players have been hiding?

I think I can reach my goal of attaining Platinum rank before MvCI comes out.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Hmm. All this Kolin talk. Really need to revisit her.

Any New Jersey peeps here going to AVGC this Saturday? Free play and small tournies all day.

Teh Lurv

I beat my first legit Dhalsim. I get on average about one 'Sim opponent a month playing in the Bronze/Silver leagues, so I don't get much real-world practice. But this time I took my time, learned from my past losses, and won the match. I was pretty stoked I won, it felt like my biggest accomplishment so far.

Still lost the set 1-2 tho.

DIrtjrbVYAAWHw1

DI6LzkOUQAA8jCT

Sauce for this beautiful goddess.

The shine on her skin makes me feel things.

Producer

I'm tired of playing Mika and enduring what she demands to play her. It's mainly going to be Abigail and Guile for me moving forward.

Wanna fight?

im playing something else right now :/ tomorrow lets play, its been a while

you cant just drop mika though man. you spent too much time on her

FluxWaveZ

im playing something else right now :/ tomorrow lets play, its been a while

you cant just drop mika though man. you spent too much time on her

Alright.

After unexpectedly connecting with Abigail and picking up Guile again, I'm back to wondering why I've been wasting time playing Mika. She's not strong. She is actually very weak, and extremely flawed, in ways people who aren't Mika players don't care about because all they see are 50/50s and cheap stuff. Tired of dealing with that risk; it's such a refreshing breath of fresh air to play characters who can actually control the screen and whose pressure doesn't immediately end unless you take a big gamble.

Dreamhack Montreal is coming up, and the reality is my Abigail and Guile aren't up to my Mika's level because of the time I've spent with her. So I'll probably be forced to play her eventually. But moving forward, she is definitely going to be a character I just take out for specific match-ups (Dhalsim and Balrog are the ones I think of). When my Guile and Abigail get good enough, I won't need her for anything else.

Producer

Alright.

After unexpectedly connecting with Abigail and picking up Guile again, I'm back to wondering why I've been wasting time playing Mika. She's not strong. She is actually very weak, and extremely flawed, in ways people who aren't Mika players don't care about because all they see are 50/50s and cheap stuff. Tired of dealing with that risk; it's such a refreshing breath of fresh air to play characters who can actually control the screen and whose pressure doesn't immediately end unless you take a big gamble.

Dreamhack Montreal is coming up, and the reality is my Abigail and Guile aren't up to my Mika's level because of the time I've spent with her. So I'll probably be forced to play her eventually. But moving forward, she is definitely going to be a character I just take out for specific match-ups (Dhalsim and Balrog are the ones I think of). When my Guile and Abigail get good enough, I won't need her for anything else.

like you said i dont fully know how you feel since i dont play mika but i get where you're coming from. And even though i only played your week 1-2 abigail its still honestly the best one that i have played yet and i fight him daily, im sure yours is gonna be a problem. You also already are a bit familiar with guile as well.

Btw i can play right now if you still want, im done playing the other game

Alright.

Mika was my original character and I switched off early on as well to Karin because even when she had the screen bounce she just wasn't very well rounded. I needed a character that was more foundationally solid. But I guess that's why I never really found her problematic because even when I got walloped by her I knew what it entailed.

I wanna give Menat a proper shot as a sub too but I fear I may be too simple minded.
2evLObo.png

Beil

What a prick. And LMAO @ "fooled". It's almost like people can alter their appearance at will, and may look different from different angles and at different ages, weights etc. How dare they!

Totally unhealthy, unrealistic attitude. What's more it reminds me of when the stream/comments monsters go through new game trailers frame-by-frame to pick out a split-second shot they don't think is "right", then make a massive fuss about it. (MvCI Chun-Li face etc.)

Top Bottom