• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Neoxon

As it turns out, that /r/Kappa dude is the same guy who posted this on GameFAQs.

Screen_Shot_2017-08-19_at_1.46.46_PM.png

Blueblur1

Fuck Sakura, Sagat, Cody and Sodom.

Where is that staff wielding lady from Ed's story mode?

I totally expect that at least one of those characters to make into the game eventually.

I'm thinking that maybe they'll stick to representing each SF game/series and FF in future seasons. So maybe we'll see one of those characters as soon as Season 3.

Side note: Mr. S has said there are 3 newcomers still in the works it seems possible.

Sayad

This is delicious to see, on the other hand, I want to see some Menat vs Koleen matches, in theory Menat shouldn't be able to even hit her.
Why?! Kolin suffer hard against projectile zooning and long reach, only thing in Kolin's favor is Menat's defense once she gets in!

FluxWaveZ

Why?! Kolin suffer hard against projectile zooning and long reach, only thing in Kolin's favor is Menat's defense once she gets in!

Because Menat isn't "projectile" zoning. Kolin can counter Menat's orb normals like she can Dhalsim's limbs. And her V-Skill shuts them all down, as well. Same reason why Sim has trouble against Kolin.

Isn't using counters a bit risky though? You can easily eat a CC if you time it wrong/use the wrong one.

Might not do so much damage but the amount of free V-meter you're giving her can definitely add up.

Pompadour

Isn't using counters a bit risky though? You can easily eat a CC if you time it wrong/use the wrong one.

Might not do so much damage but the amount of free V-meter you're giving her can definitely add up.

They should probably remove counterhit off counter/parry recoveries. They're already risky enough.

I'd also like them to take V-Meter gain off of CCs and maybe just make the player getting hit by CC lose V-Meter/gain none from the hit.

Syntsui

That's why I'd like to see how two pros would play that match up out, on paper Koleen definetely has better tools to deal with the usual Menat strategy but there is the meter building and counter baits to consider.

They should probably remove counterhit off counter/parry recoveries. They're already risky enough.

I'd also like them to take V-Meter gain off of CCs and maybe just make the player getting hit by CC lose V-Meter/gain none from the hit.

Then you have characters who, like Bison, can't use their vskill all the time and rely on the small cc boosts to get up there, so that doesn't work out imo.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I don't really believe in MVCI rumors at all. TWO BOF, REGINA, 13 CHARACTERS for next year, etc. Sound good to be true for me! :p

However, I do think it's plausible that we could get C. Viper, Q, Oro and Necro for free along with SSFV update. Mainly for two reasons which is 1) they have been rumored to be in the game ever since last year or so (along with Sakura and Sagat) and 2) they wouldn't sell very well if they are part of Season 3 (or any) so they are way better off being free characters to given to the fans.

Seriously, take everything with grain of salts tho but I see that people dont' believe in this rumor which is good thing in my book.

Fuck Sakura, Sagat, Cody and Sodom.

Where is that staff wielding lady from Ed's story mode?

See you later when we finally get her in Street Fighter VI

bubumiao

Shelving Bison for a little bit. Too young. Can't even confirm my crmps into anything
He's my main. I need to stop playing carelessly​ with him though. crMP is pretty good on it's own. He's the only character I really want to play as. Well, Birdie too.

Sayad

Because Menat isn't "projectile" zoning. Kolin can counter Menat's orb normals like she can Dhalsim's limbs. And her V-Skill shuts them all down, as well. Same reason why Sim has trouble against Kolin.
Zoning isn't the right word, but between Menat's orb pressure and VT, that's way more projectiles than Kolin would like to deal with. Unlike Sim, who has to use normals to keep characters away Menat can mix it with horizontal fireballs, that and Menat punishes for blocked/whiffed V-Skill are far better than Sim's. Even day 2 or 3 Menat with no VT tech outside basic combos gives Kolin a hard time with her fireball pressure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQwQbIc2UIY

Oh, and Menat is another character that can safely punish Kolin's ex-icicles...

I don't get all these hopeful, fan-pleasing fake leaks. The real leaks are always the ones that are underwhelming and a little weird.

"Regular DP motions are gonna be replaced with down+down motions"

YO, wtf is that rumour that's so fucking stupid lol go troll somebody else. retard lmao.

Edzi

Zoning isn't the right word, but between Menat's orb pressure and VT, that's way more projectiles than Kolin would like to deal with. Unlike Sim, who has to use normals to keep characters away Menat can mix it with horizontal fireballs, that and Menat punishes for blocked/whiffed V-Skill are far better than Sim's. Even day 2 or 3 Menat with no VT tech outside basic combos gives Kolin a hard time with her fireball pressure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQwQbIc2UIY

Oh, and Menat is another character that can safely punish Kolin's ex-icicles...

Nah, Kolin's vskill alone destroys Menat.

Not even exaggerating, that's the best Menat art I've seen. It doesn't sexualize her and I love just how colourful it all is and makes her look regal.

He's my main. I need to stop playing carelessly​ with him though. crMP is pretty good on it's own. He's the only character I really want to play as. Well, Birdie too.

He's super fun, I just need to confirm stuff more often because I'm leaving damage on the table. He can be super wild and crazy, and his EX Ball is kinda nasty on some characters.

If it helps, I've gotten in the habit of mistiming my attacks to catch dudes trying to swing while being jusssst outside their range. Helps me catch them on an errant attack

Dice//

Banned
Not even lying, that's the best Menat art I've seen. It doesn't sexualize her and I love just how colourful it all is and makes her look regal.

Yeah I do that... not even really consciously, I just don't make an effort to go out of my way to include it (I did a NieR Automata piece too and again found no rhyme or reason to include 2B, admittedly excellent, ass :p)

Anyways, been lovely seeing vids of Menat in action, curious how pro players will handle her.

MrCarter

D-I-S-C-O-R-D boyz.

Though I would also like to take this opportunity to say that that leak is bullshit of the purest quality. Just the mere suggestion that they would give away so many freaking characters FOR FREE is a laughable notion with any company, let alone Capcpom. And the leaker seems to have a serious hard on for Final Fight.

I'm apprehensive of the leak too but I don't think it's completely out of the realms of possibility of getting a couple characters since we can technically obtain them for free with FM anyway - which no other company does.

I know, I know. He's trash tier, but what the heck is a go to bnb for Alex? Just light light chop?

f.HP x st.MP x L. Flash chop
cr.LP(x2) or cr.LK x cr.LP x L. Flash Chop
j.HP x st.HP x M. Flash Chop or L. Slash Elbow
j.HK x st.HP (or use f.HP) x M. Flash Chop or L. Slash Elbow

Basically run through his trials and most of those are BnBs with some counter hit stuff.

St.MP x Flash chop or elbow and cr.lp(x2) x Flash chop are his best BnBs tho.

Trial 2s usually have some decent BnBs.

On another note, I did all of Bison's trials fairly easily. Kinda proud of myself even though they were easy for the average SF player.

Top Bottom