• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku UK: Okami HD coming to PS4 and Xbox One this December [Rumor]

BY2K

Membero Americo
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/08/14/report-okami-hd-heading-for-xmas-release-on-ps4xbox-one

Laura Kate Dale, btw.

According to two independent sources, both verified by Kotaku UK, Capcom is porting Okami to PS4 and Xbox One and it will see release this December.

The evidence we've seen shows that two different European retail chains have recently added Okami HD to their internal upcoming physical releases calendar. Both retail chains are in different parts of the EU, and both list the game as releasing on 12th December 2017. The detail of the physical release is especially interesting, as the 2012 HD release on PS3 was only available as a download in the west (despite the Japanese boxed release featuring multi-region language support).

AAMARMO

Banned
For a minute I was excited but then I saw this:
Vy3FYPu.png

After the NX/Switch leak fiasco, I don't trust this person with leaks.

Will probably get it but let's wait for an official statement before I get excited. Wish capcom would look at other clover games though.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Yes please. Wasn't there a thing that they had this rendering at 4K on PS2 or something silly? The right lick of paint could do wonders for this.

El-Suave

I hope they make the long intro skip- or muteable when it comes to the character sounds. That is such a chore to get through and a bad first impression for such a lovely game.

jonno394

If there's nothing new, then I have no interest in buying this on a home console for a fourth time (PS2, Wii, PS3).

lol so now it doesn't really count?

It counts as long as you think leaking stuff loads of people knew about and held in confidence due to not wanting people to lose their jobs is ok.

Ridley327

Yawn, remasters of remasters, talk about milking it to the last drop.
More than most games out there, Okami will benefit from more exposure than most. I believe that it's still nowhere close to a million copies sold worldwide after all this time, and should this exist and do well, it could be just the trick to getting into Capcom's head to remaster some of their other little known IP, like Viewtiful Joe or Killer7.

ZeroD

Are people serious with the Laura stuff here? Jeez.

From what I've seen on GAF it's that she got a bunch of hardware stuff right with the switch but almost all her software leaks were wrong. I think that's why maybe some people aren't excited.

It makes sense though. It's a great game and Capcom do a lot of remasters.

Hope it's true!

Okami's excellent, but I do feel like it still hasn't quite reached the audience numbers it deserves, even with the Wii and PS3 ports. Hope the PS4 port can garner it even more attention -- and I do feel that the art style translates into a visual experience that's less susceptible to showing its age.

lol so now it doesn't really count?

Of course the Rabbids leak counts but she is not credible. She's out right made things up and reported on things she shouldn't. As LordKano said, many knew about Rabbids. Many.

I don't trust Laura one bit. Let's hope being with Kotaku has straightened up here morals a bit and the Okami stuff turns out to be true.

Hardvlade

Never got to play Okami but always wanted to! So day one for me if true.

Didn't this game ran at 4k/downsampled on the PS3 or something like that?

KyleCross

Okami HD was already internally rendering at 4k on the PS3 so what are they going to do with it on PS4, internal 8k? 12k on Pro?

Top Bottom