• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta, Androids 16 and 18

Can't link due to scans so...

The latest issue of Weekly Jump reveals that both Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Super Saiyan Blue Vegata are playable in Dragon Ball FighterZ, and the latest issue of V-Jump reveals that both Android 16 and Android 18 are also playable.

Super Saiyan Blue Goku can use “10x God Kamehameha.” Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta can use “Final Flash Attack.” Android 16 can use “Hell’s Flash” at its maximum output. Android 18 can use “Accel Dance,” which is a combination attack that summons Android 17. It is unknown if this is the only capacity in which Android 17 will appear.

Previously announced playable characters include Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Cell, Frieza, Majin Buu, Trunks, Krillin, and Piccolo.

Weekly Jump also reveals that the game will have a story mode involving a revived Android 16 where “super warriors fall one by one.” It is described as “a new story for Goku and friends depicted in high-end animation.”

And V-Jump also reveals online party matches, which are three-versus-three online matches with different players controlling each character. Of course, characters will switch in real time.

Eumi

Damn, was hoping we could avoid recoloured characters.

That being said I'm glad Super is getting represented.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I hope Android 16 is getting a Trucker Hat.

LotusHD

Banned
He isn't taking up a slot. If he wasn't in no character would take his place.

Ugh, okay, semantics aside, I merely meant that I've always wondered how they'd make him stand out to his SSJ counterpart, and always felt that if it was up to me, I'd only bother with giving SSB Goku a character slot, while SSB could be an install or whatever. I'm aware he's not literally taking someone else's place lol

Android 18 can use “Accel Dance,” which is a combination attack that summons Android 17. It is unknown if this is the only capacity in which Android 17 will appear.

yeah sadly this is what i figured was gonna happen with 17

it's strange that 16 got in, i figured he was the least likely of the 3 to get in

Super's made me remember why I loved 17 and 18. I'm pretty bummed at the Gohan Awakening Machine taking a spot over him. SSB is flashy I guess. Not sure I'd include it over more unique fighters though. Ah well.

tolkir

giphy.gif

Alienous

Ugh, okay, semantics aside, I merely meant that I've always wondered how they'd make him stand out to his SSJ counterpart, and always felt that if it was up to me, I'd only bother with giving SSB Goku a character slot, while SSB could be an install or whatever. I'm aware he's not literally taking someone else's place lol

SSB should be represented, and lumping that all into one Goku character would probably be too much, so you make another one. If Goku has a SSB variation, Vegeta should too.

The logic of it is sound, imo.

LotusHD

Banned
SSB should be represented, and lumping that all into one Goku character would probably be too much, so you make another one. If Goku has a SSB variation, Vegeta should too.

I know the logic behind it, I just wouldn't have bothered with it myself if I was working with a limited roster, while also being aware that SSB Vegeta doesn't really stand out much. Anyways, oh well, can't be helped.

Alienous

yeah sadly this is what i figured was gonna happen with 17

it's strange that 16 got in, i figured he was the least likely of the 3 to get in

Not in a fighting game.

A character that fires his limbs at enemies is unique. He also has a unique physique within Dragon Ball. You don't pass up unique characters for one that just uses energy beams.

I'm almost certain Dabura will be in too. They won't pass up the opportunity to have another character who uses a sword.

I know the logic behind it, I just wouldn't have bothered with it myself if I was working with a limited roster, while also being aware that SSB Vegeta doesn't really stand out much. Anyways, oh well, can't be helped.

As you've said SSB Goku and Vegeta aren't taking up any slots, so the limited roster only benefits from their inclusion - they're variations of the base characters that won't take as much time and pad out the roster.

Trickster

Personally I don't get your logic at all.

SSB so far has been pretty lackluster in terms of offering anything other than a different look to indicate them being more powerful. But at least Goku has done one new thing while in SSB form. Vegeta has done nothing special at all.

There's no real reason to dedicate an entire character slot to his SSB form

LotusHD

Banned

SSB so far has been pretty lackluster in terms of offering anything other than a different look to indicate them being more powerful. But at least Goku has done one new thing while in SSB form. Vegeta has done nothing special at all.

Hmm, well if Android 18 gets a move where 17 comes in to assist, maybe they'll do the same for SSB Vegeta?

Alienous

Maybe I can rephrase it.

There are three options for handling SSB Goku and Vegeta.

1) You don't include them.
2) You have them as forms for SSJ Goku and Vegeta.
3) You have them as separate characters.

With the popularity of Super 1) is barely an option.

The problem with 2) is that SSB Goku has distinguished himself somewhat from SSJ Goku. The one-inch punch, SSB Kaioken. In addition to SSJ Goku that would likely be too much to represent in one character. Consider this: if you start at SSJ, transform into SSB, then into SSB Kaioken how would you balance that out strength-wise? Does he get unique moves? It's a lot of options for a single character.

So they went with 3), because if SSB Goku is his own character it would be weird if SSB Vegeta wasn't too. Probably helps that it pads out the roster, also.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
No 17 is a shame, but maybe he'll be DLC down the line.

Glad to see Super getting some rep (even if it's technically still just the Z movies...)

16 is such a badass, with such a unique fighting style. Glad to see him in a game like this.

Also confirmed, online 3v3 (or 6 player) online mode with each player controlling a character.
Edit:It's in the OP too :p
Just look at this if you only read the title

LotusHD

Banned

Glad to see Super getting some rep (even if it's technically still just the Z movies...)

16 is such a badass, with such a unique fighting style. Glad to see him in a game like this.

SSB Kaio-ken wasn't in the movies, so we're now indisputably in Super territory.

Ricky 7

SSB should be a transformations like Golden Freeza😒and no 17 is dumb😔 Really hoping adult Gohan is in this.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Cant say i am surprise. They needed more villains/former villains to pad out the roster after all.

I am expecting Tienshinhan to be announced too

Bishop89

Android 16/18 is cool (though I would like 17 as well)

Super Saiyan Blue is the most stupid thing ever, so not a fan of this inclusion.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Edit: Super late double post wtf.

SSB Kaio-ken is indeed Super material!! Hoping for Hit in that case!!

Top Bottom