• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta, Androids 16 and 18

Kevinroc

16 is a nice surprise. Did they set the base roster before learning of the Universal Survival Arc?

Still waiting on that Beerus confirmation.

notaskwid

Oh, that 10x blue kaioken.
So long "Gold freeza first appears on Resurrection of F, so there's still no Super 'shit' in the game" crowd.

Ban Puncher

Better than the blue form shenanigans.

MyrfB-.gif

LotusHD

Banned
The idea of 17 being potential DLC is so weird to me lol

Doubt it.

Three Buus is too much. Super Buu is too defined by his absorptions. Kid Buu offers a fairly unique physique (short), and is the final villain of DBZ.

Yea I'm thinking this as well.

Better than the blue form shenanigans.

Nah.

Oh, that 10x blue kaioken.
So long "Gold freeza first appears on Resurrection of F, so there's still no Super 'shit' in the game" crowd.

Thank God that's over...

I was hoping this was purely DBZ.

Golden Frieza tho

delSai

Party mode is awesome, gonna try to make friends buy it now.

Also any idea on roster size? Haven't kept up with the game and dunno if they mentioned it before.

Metal B

I hate all those Super Saiyan froms as separate fighters in any Dragon Ball fighting-game. Just make them alternate costumes. At the same time its a shame to not include 17, who is shown in the series to use similar moves to 18, and make him a clone of 18 (Ryu to Ken). If they reuse assets at least include new characters.

LotusHD

Banned
I don't know why people are thinking this means no SSJ4.

Only thing I can think is the Story mode not accommodating anything from GT, or them just simply not wanting to bother with GT when they have a bunch of new stuff they could use instead. Because otherwise SSB's existence doesn't necessarily mean SSJ4 won't get in (I do feel it's very unlikely though), as it was obvious that was getting in.

Galang

Banned
That's lame they put 16 and not 17. They may as well have put all three, especially considering the premise of the game. :/

Lmao, they put 16 instead of 17? That's an incredibly dumb decision.

In terms of popularity but on moveset, 16 is probably more diverse than 17 who would be a 18 clone. I would prefer 17 but I can see the logic. Don't really care for blue goku/vegeta but guess they have to promote the new series. Still want future gohan even though it's a dumb choice and a waste of a character slot.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
16 is a nice surprise. Did they set the base roster before learning of the Universal Survival Arc?

Still waiting on that Beerus confirmation.

Yessss, Andriod 16 is pretty much one of few most wanted character for me! :D

gimme us Beerus and Gotenk please.

I would never have expected #16, I like it though I wish we'd get 17 as well

But who cares, #18 is in so the roster is complete for me.

18 was a given, since she's pretty much the most important female fighter. But I think the issue with her is despite that position, she really never fought that much and overall didn't have much to work with. Making her have team up attacks with 17 was probably a way to mitigate that. Maybe down the line we'll see a 17 version of her where 18 is the assist character, but who knows.

16 was probably picked because he's unique, and probably is filling in the grappler niche. Maybe he'll have a self destruct attack and maybe it will work this time.

18 was a given, since she's pretty much the most important female fighter, but I think the issue with her is despite that position, she really never fought that much, and overall didn't have much to work with. Making her have team up attacks with 17 was probably a way to mitigate that. Maybe down the line we'll see a 17 version of her where 18 is the assist character, but who knows.

16 was probably picked because he's unique, and probably is filling in the grappler niche. Maybe he'll have a self destruct attack and maybe it will work this time.

I'm hoping for a special knockout cutscene to occur if you beat vegeta with 18 and he starts to cry with his broken arm.

Style

Banned
The fighting style of Android 17 being a clone of Android 18? I'm not sure you know what you're talking about.

convo

It is still officially called Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

Even the characters themselves find that name too tedious to repeat all the time,they make fun of it in the manga even, thus it is Super Saiyan Blue so that silly long name will get no use.

Baleoce

I'm glad 16 was put in. The game is going to need a good balance of heavy archetypes. It'll be interesting to see what his moveset is like in a game like this.

Top Bottom